How often does everyone have sex?

I would say we went through the what people say honeymoon period when we 1st got together and went at it a lot. I would lockdown was a massive benefit in keeping this up I’d say we have sex most days and if we miss a day we often make it up the next.

I'd love to do it every single day... Unless I'm ill... But get it nowhere near that! Lol

This past year 42% of the time or about 3 times a week. Must try harder in 2021 :joy:

4 Likes

Yeah around 3-4 times a week… Normally every other day generally. Have 2 kids 10 and under…

2 Likes

Would say 3 average but mostly varies week to week

Can I ask what tracker app you use? Think I need to start tracking my periods to be extra safe!!

2 Likes

We don’t live together so I only see him 2 nights a week. We have sex 2-3 times when we are together.

3 Likes

Hey @GinLover I use Clue. Simple and free. I started using as a few years ago my cycle went a bit haywire. When I had a couple of months data entered it made the dreaded visit to the GP far less stressful.

1 Like

Don’t despair, kids are BAD news for sex lives for a whole load of reasons.

Before we had our first one (now 6), we had a great sex life. We probably averaged 3-5 times a week, and they weren’t quickies. After birth we didn’t even sleep in the same bed for 6 months, it was getting on a year with no sex at all. Worst year of my life for many reasons of which the sex was just one.

However, it got better slowly. We both put a lot of effort in and while your sex life frankly never fully recovers because you’ve got kids in the house, we are in a happy place again. 2-3 times a week, sometimes quick out of necessity but we’ve been experimenting a bit more than we ever did and I’d say our sex is better for it. Twice a week average, sometimes 3. Over christmas it’s been once in 2 weeks because we’ve had the kids here all the bloody time (nothing like a day with kids to make your libido die) and can’t palm them off on family for some alone time because of covid.

Back to school Tuesday and wife and I have a couple of days off still… we’re going to spend some time in bed!

Thank you @Mrs.John! Downloaded it and it looks very easy to use! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @M32 sorry to hear that, I have a higher sex drive than my partner and it is frustrating, we were probably at the once a month if I was lucky point! We are working it out now though and things are improving, we seem to have found a compromise with him trying to pleasure me more and me accepting that it might not be as frequent as I’d like. Do you have any idea why your partner isn’t interested if you don’t mind me asking? No pressure if you’d rather not talk about it

1 Like

Once a week on Saturday mornings (her preference). Miss a Saturday and sol for that week. She is task oriented so it has to be checked off the list, then on to the next task.

In our case, she resents the purchase of toys or lingerie. It’s an “all you ever think about…” thing. So when I get highly motivated, I end up spending a lot on toys. But the kind of toys I get for me is different than what I used to buy us (lol).

2 Likes

Try it on yourself. Keep your undies on to start with and just touch it in places and hold it a while anywhere you feel something. :wink:

Very frustrating. It sounds like you’ve tried everything I can think of - would she be willing to try counselling? It helped us open up to each other a little and gave us a safe place to have these conversations. It’s not been easy or a quick fix though.

I have often bought sex toys for myself and never shown my husband because I thought he’d react negatively. I’m starting to be more open about it now although I think there is one that I haven’t shown him yet! I will do soon but don’t want to do it too quickly. I still feel guilty about buying myself things and find it hard to talk to him about it but I guess it will take a while. It’s particularly hard when the response was just meh :neutral_face: I hope things start to improve soon for you both too.

1 Like

We now live together. I thought living together would mean more sex. It’s not really worked that way. We normally leave it to the weekend. Normally both too tired in the evening. I thought that would annoy / upset me but to be honest, it really hasn’t. I don’t masterbate anymore on my own so although sex normally only happens at the weekend now, the arousal of not having a release normally kicks in after a few days and it’s something to really look forward to. A case of ‘less is more’.

Thanks @M32. I really hope you find a way forward :hugs:

Hope you can do something @M32 the longer it goes on the worse you will feel.

1 Like

Maybe you have to tell her that it isn’t okay for you, you feel disconnected and unloved. Its a partnership - not just about what she wants. You have been very patient but its really not ok for her to not try to meet you half way.

1 Like

But years of feeling unwanted…unloved and unattractive really can knock the stuffing out of you.

Hope you can resolve it soon @M32

Hugs.
:two_hearts::heart::two_hearts::heart::two_hearts:

2 Likes