How to build a sex room on Netflix

Started to watch how to build a sex room on Netflix.

Only halfway into episode 1 but quite a good watch, I could only dream :grinning: its a bit 50 shades in places :laughing:

I was just wondering if anyone else is watching it.

7 Likes

I was watching it and have decided I want hooks in the ceiling that I can attach wrist restraints to :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

We are half way through the series already

6 Likes

Seen this and have it on our watch later list for when the kids are in bed :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

We have watched the first couple of episodes. Love it! Itā€™s very funny too. The first episode led to a great BDSM session for us, couldnā€™t help it :joy:

Iā€™ve been enjoying it too but some parts make me cringe a little bit, especially when it comes to the toys. Theyā€™ll act like theyā€™re about to blow you awayā€¦ Then it turns out to be, in my opinion anyway, just a few pretty basic itemsā€¦ The series target audience (or possibly just the general population?) is maybe on a whole slightly more tame than myself and Iā€™m sure others that are actively engaged in communities like we have here?

Thatā€™s not necessarily a negative thing, just something Iā€™ve noticed while watching.

4 Likes

Yeah episode 4 i think now. Weā€™ve already got a sex room thats jammed but hopefully due to complete on a new house end of the year with a basement so getting ideas :rofl:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve not watched it yet but itā€™s very much on my to do list this week! Iā€™ve heard lots of good things about it though.

Iā€™ve heard of it but not seen lol

I know two people (different places) that do
ā€¦ and my spare room is heading that way

2 Likes

Iā€™d bet not an option for any couple that has children/teens and possibly not once theyā€™ve left home?

1 Like

Once they leave home change the locks :rofl:

The rooms shown are also probably not financially accessible for most people. Lots of these rooms would cost more than buying an entire house in some areas. Sure, not everyone thatā€™s fitting out rooms like these are doing it with high end, famous or expensive designers. But the cost of the work, equipment and furnishings in some of these rooms alone could still be massive.

Edit: I quite liked the idea of having a dedicated space for fun though, even if it hasnā€™t been purposefully designed with all the bells and whistles.

3 Likes

I agree, the show really is just entertainment. Our sex room is essentially our spare room with a red light bulb and all the toys and things we already had kept out. If we made it into some of the ones on the show weā€™d be looking at thousands :hushed:

2 Likes

I have absolutely enjoyed this show so far! Started watching it last night; and Iā€™ve got to say, Iā€™ve really appreciated the broad spectrum of gender, sexuality, lifestyles that have been depicted in the show. Bettie and Brody were just the cutest! And none of it has come off as exploitative or seedy or anything; and whilst none of the rooms have been to my taste, theyā€™ve all looked incredible - Melanie did a great job of translating their ideas into their perfect little escape. Itā€™s certainly opened up conversations in this house so Iā€™m all for it!

7 Likes

I watched the whole season in 1 day. Absolutely loved it. All the rooms were very classy and luxurious.

5 Likes

Had not heard of it , will give it a go . In my dreams a dedicated sex room ( with shower ) and being as wife has zero sex drive , maybe a Star Trek transporter so I could have ā€œfriendsā€ over for play time . She did say I could have fuck buddies !

1 Like

Is the permission for fb new? Maybe I missed it, thats good news! How do you feel about the prospect of fbs?

1 Like

I guess I was brought up all wrong , could not do it . She said get a fk buddy , I just do not want to know about it . But I would and could never do it . Years ago a good friends wife wanted to screw my brains out and he was fine with it , but I vowed to never have sex with a friendā€™s wife or girlfriend . Good friends are hard to come by ! He later committed suicide and if I had I would have felt even worse . It was the thought that counted when my wife told me that .

4 Likes

I donā€™t think you were brought up wrong at all, you were brought up to be faithful and respectful :black_heart:
Iā€™m sorry to read about your friend x

3 Likes