How to get partner to want more sex?

I’ve always wondered if I’m the problem. When Ive asked he’s just feels like he’s never in the mood, I always feel like I’m one coming on to him. Even when I don’t come on to him for a week I get no signals that he wants to have sex. I feel like I definitely have the higher sex drive. Am I doing something wrong? Please say I’m not the only one.

3 Likes

Same.
I could scream it’s so frustrating.

1 Like

Honestly I know right!

I had this problem with my ex. After a while she started saying “is sex all you think about?” :pensive: it didn’t ever change for us until I eventually ended things.
I hope you both work something out between you both though. Sex is a major part of a relationship in my eyes. Don’t give up on him :wink::ok_hand:

2 Likes

I’ve talked about it to him but he just constantly says he has stuff on his mind which I get. I feel like having sex releases that stress that builds up.

2 Likes

I agree with you there. Try get him to share what’s on his mind with you! You’re supposed to be a team.

1 Like

@coombeslucy and welcome to the forum by the way :wink:

1 Like

I’ve always tried to help him talk through things and would never want him to feel like he cant. I do make that clear. Like I talk to him and he encourages it as I like to think I can deal with things on my own.

Well just keep on doing what you’re doing! You’re certainly not doing anything wrong that’s for sure :wink:

1 Like

That’s really good to hear thank you for all your help.

1 Like

My pleasure, I’m sorry I can’t be any more helpful though :pensive::ok_hand:

1 Like

Honestly you have! I’ve just gotta be more patient.

1 Like

I hope things change for the better for you soon

1 Like

Holding on to hope :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Communication is the only way to get through this situation. You might like to ask him what turns him on and explore things that are new to you both. Doing this May open up a lot of possibilities which could kickstart his libido. Remember small steps and understanding will get you both started after all there must be something which he would like to try. Just be open minded to the ideas he suggests.

1 Like

Yep, all about communication between you both.
However, it may just be that you have different views/beliefs around intimacy and sex. It is difficult when that happens, as it feels like it takes over entirely and almost becomes a battle. And no, I think you’ll find this is a very common problem with couples.
Have things always been this way between you both? Or have things changed?
Are there other ways he wants to be intimate and get those needs met?

2 Likes

Thank you for the response, I’m always up for trying new things in the bedroom so does he! I feel like it’s more the effort side of things.

2 Likes

We have talked about having higher/ lower sex drives and how he sees sex and how I view it. When we first stated to have sex it had to be kept a secret and we would have it up to 3 or 4 times a day but since telling people we’re together I feel like he’s become more comfortable, that there isn’t a risk kind of thing. But we recently went to have sex in a woods to try something different and it felt more naughty and risky which I think he likes.

4 Likes

Hey and welcome :hugs:, think a lot had been covered in that you are not doing anything wrong.

Could be combination of things such as work , wanting it but tired or maybe the risk side really worked for him.

Biggest thing you can do is have open communication and talk it through, explain how you feel :blush:

3 Likes

Same for me I want it everyday. But my wife has lost her sex drive after the change in life.

2 Likes