How to get partner to want more sex?

@coombeslucy
Sometimes I have to try subtle things to give my OH a subtle hint (nothing too obvious as he then knows I want something). I usually go for getting naked and sitting on his face. Works 99% of the time and he has only needed oxygen to revive him once.

6 Likes

Haha I love that! Definitely will be doing this​:rofl:

1 Like

Is the guy mad, he should not be able to keep his hands off you! At times he may have things on his mind, may be work, family but i’m with you, it would help him relax. I like the idea of sitting on his head idea. I hope you find an answer, good luck. @coombeslucy

1 Like

.me as well sorry to say up to 1 year sometimes ,and when we do ,i feel like she is just doing ilike a chore and wants it over with as quick as possible,no kissing or intimacy, did not think you could be so lonely in a marriage, if i think about it too much,i could quite easily cry my eyes out.
So try not to,and carry on and hope it gets better,makes me feel that i am the one in the wrong and a sex pest​:tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

I’m currently in the same position as you where my wife has a low drive and I want it at least once daily lol. We’ve tried talking and helping her open up about things and slowly progress is being made but still there are times where if I didn’t make a move then it would go weeks without us having any sex.
Hope you get to a better space soon

1 Like

My drive far surpasses that of my mrs, she could go 6months without even thinking about it. I reckon I’d struggle going 6 minutes :joy:

1 Like

Hi @coombeslucy
I have read this thread (as well as others) with interest and this is my first in depth reply to any of them.
Mrs L.C. is my second wife (my first passed away a few years ago) and when we were dating, we were like the proverbial rabbits. (If you look at my main profile background image, you will see the toys we purchased from LH so that we could keep up!)

But, for the last two years things have got worse and we are now at the point where I get moaned at and told “that is all you men think about”… I have to admit, at the moment, it is, but only because we have only had sex three times this year so far. Therefore, I am always, always frustrated.
I tried to instigate sex last night, and at just gone 11pm, she was saying “I’m too tired”…

Every day, I make sure I compliment her, stroke her back or bum if we are (for example) working in the kitchen. I kiss the back of her neck and always give her a cuddle before sleep.

I get none of that… When I ask why, she says she finds it difficult to show her emotions.

Sorry @coombeslucy if it seems I’m hijacking your thread, I’m not, I can assure you. I just wanted to share my feelings to let you know, I understand completely how you feel.
As others have said, we need to communicate as much as we can with our OH’s otherwise resentment could build up, which is a bad thing. :people_hugging:

1 Like

Thanks @GoGirl12
I did read the “action plan” link, but still need to read the other one.

11pm is our normal bedtime after a wine or two (we are both retired)
As you say, a meeting (in the middle) of minds is the way forward xx

EDIT:- Just watched the first link and thankfully for me, ED doesn’t apply. She actually said last night “I’ve lost my mojo”… I am romantic toward her, but her pilot light has gone out!

1 Like

Cheers

Welcome to the forum lovely :blush: not at all, you’ve probably done nothing wrong and it could just be down to how his mind is at the moment… is he under any noticeable stress or even on medication for anxiety/depression?

I’ve read articles about this but to be honest, there’s nothing in there as a one size fits all. Personally, I think sex is make or break in a relationship. If one of you doesn’t get enough it spirals into arguments and puts a strain on the relationship.

Sex isn’t everything but for your long term happiness, can you envisage being happy if this were to persist? I know most comments are around how to fix the issue with your partner and I agree that you should try. But in my experience it can not always be fixed. So you have to decide whether you can live with the situation forever. :heart: I truly hope you get things sorted because I’ve been there and I know it’s not easy or nice.

3 Likes