I really want a bathmate...

I really fancy trying a bathmate, but the price is putting me off a bit. I'm trying to find some before & after pics/videos...

The reviews on LH all look good... I'd just like to see proof, so would Mrs BBG before we splah out!

I fully agree.

I guess you buy cheap, buy twice, but even so it's a lot of dosh.

i would love one though! They look fab!

Also bear in mind that Lovehoney offer an amazing returns policy, where you can return items for up to a year, even if it just didn't work for you:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/returns-policy/

That should help put your mind at rest as well, after you weigh up the choices.

Yes I was put off by the price - but also the amount of time req'd (20 mins in a bath/shower). Also put off by the price hikes in the larger model variery, which is a bit unfair if the entry model is not going to be beneficial for your starting size.

In the end I bought a normal vacuum pump and have started an online blog on my progress so hopefully in a few months they'll be something to show for it. At which point, if I do show decent gains I might put a link on this forum just to help other guys make up their minds.

I also thought that a normal dry pumping system would be easier to do discreetly anytime anywhere, but actually , it's quite a large piece of apparatus so I'm guessing that daily use is out of the question ( I'm doing this without my OH knowing. I'm quite inquistive as to whether she will notice any gains if it does work and at what point in time she makes a comment.)

Oh, do keep us informed.

Would be good to hear real world feedback over a period of time.

BigBikeGuy wrote:

I really fancy trying a bathmate, but the price is putting me off a bit. I'm trying to find some before & after pics/videos...

The reviews on LH all look good... I'd just like to see proof, so would Mrs BBG before we splah out!

I have to say Bathmates really are worth the investment. The benefits of using a hydro pump massively ourweigh the benefits of a standard air pump (I should know, I've just written an information page about Bathmate's which should be 'live' on the site soon!)

In the meantime though, I can tell you that using a hydraulic pump over a pneumatic pump is better because:

- you achieve even pressure along the full length and girth of your penis (unlike air pumps which can cause 'hot pockets' of pressure)

- you're less likely to experience any bruising or swelling using a water pump

- Bathmate guarantee results within 60 days (as long as you follow the exercise regime)

- Durable. Bathmates are tested for their durability in rigorous tests (they even run over one with a 4x4 on YouTube - check it out!)

- Water cushions and lubricates the penis.

- Warm water relaxes the penile tissues allowing expansion to be gradual, safe and comfortable.

- Bathmate are the only pump to achieve the optimum safe legal limit of pressure (some pumps claim to give you more, but this isn't necessarily safe!)

- Visible results within 15 minutes

- Convenience. Unlike air pumps which you need to 'find time to use', you can simply add your Bathmate to your usual bath / shower regime. (So no more making excuses to sneak off into the bathroom for 30 minutes with your normal pump! 20 minutes with your Bathmate is all it takes!)

There are literally LOADS more reasons, but it's Monday and I'm still drinking my first coffee of the day :P

As I think of more I'll swing by and add more reasons I'm sure. I'll also let you guys know when the new information page is up and running :)

Ahhhh... I would love bathmate.

Get one, I amusing money for my birthday. And will something from my wish list. So you get one especially. if oh doesn't. mind.

Sorry Jess but if I spent 20 minutes in a shower or started to have baths - then THAT would arouse suspicion. I shower twice a day sometimes and usually only for 5-7 minutes each time. I'm clean and like to stay that way too.

And I personally wouldn't want to be run over by a 4x4 mid session anyway. I just can't see that happening somehow. That really is extreme!

Anyone using a pump should have the responsibility of using a safe amount of pressure. If it hurts you know it's too much and should back it off. Constant monitoring of the penis whilst using a pump is essential. You need to be looking out for signs irregular swelling, red spots (burst blood capilliaries) and bruising.

Anyone who knows about "trying" to enlarge their penis should also research it first hand. As I have already done so and also incorporate jelqing exercises into my schedule I know that warming up the penis prior to using a pump IS essential - it is no different to any other type of exercise really. Plus the penis will react better once it is more "pliable" or relaxed.

I'd advise anyone to read ALL the reviews on ALL the Bathmate products because I'm sorry to say not everyone is glowing about them (even on this site) - they don't appear to be the "be all and end all" of pumping devices. I dont' think any product on its own merit is unless you do other PE too.

But for a fraction of the price I'm willing to try a vacuum pump first. For the sake of £30 if it doesn't work then nevermind. But for a Bathmate costing £90 + to suit my current size (and let me remind you those recommmended 20 minute sessions doesn't fit in with my showertime routine/timeframe anyway) I'll remain reluctant to purchase. Yes I understand the returns policy but its use does not fit in with my daily routine I'd never get the full benefit. At least with a vacuum pump it can be used almost anywhere in private, no water required.

By the way I do know you have to put a positive spin on this product in order to sell it - I just feel these companies are takling the p*ss with their pricing policy.

quietguy wrote:

Sorry Jess but if I spent 20 minutes in a shower or started to have baths - then THAT would arouse suspicion. I shower twice a day sometimes and usually only for 5-7 minutes each time. I'm clean and like to stay that way too.

And I personally wouldn't want to be run over by a 4x4 mid session anyway. I just can't see that happening somehow. That really is extreme!

Anyone using a pump should have the responsibility of using a safe amount of pressure. If it hurts you know it's too much and should back it off. Constant monitoring of the penis whilst using a pump is essential. You need to be looking out for signs irregular swelling, red spots (burst blood capilliaries) and bruising.

Anyone who knows about "trying" to enlarge their penis should also research it first hand. As I have already done so and also incorporate jelqing exercises into my schedule I know that warming up the penis prior to using a pump IS essential - it is no different to any other type of exercise really. Plus the penis will react better once it is more "pliable" or relaxed.

I'd advise anyone to read ALL the reviews on ALL the Bathmate products because I'm sorry to say not everyone is glowing about them (even on this site) - they don't appear to be the "be all and end all" of pumping devices. I dont' think any product on its own merit is unless you do other PE too.

But for a fraction of the price I'm willing to try a vacuum pump first. For the sake of £30 if it doesn't work then nevermind. But for a Bathmate costing £90 + to suit my current size (and let me remind you those recommmended 20 minute sessions doesn't fit in with my showertime routine/timeframe anyway) I'll remain reluctant to purchase. Yes I understand the returns policy but its use does not fit in with my daily routine I'd never get the full benefit. At least with a vacuum pump it can be used almost anywhere in private, no water required.

By the way I do know you have to put a positive spin on this product in order to sell it - I just feel these companies are takling the p*ss with their pricing policy.

Well perhaps for your lifestyle, a pneumatic pump is best, in which case, that's brilliant! But most guys find that already being in the tub avoids suspicion.

I completely agree that this is a workout regime and anyone considering altering their body in any way (whether that's penis pumping, getting a tattoo or body building) should always do their research. And jelquing is an excellent technique for aiding your pumping.

You mention you need to watch out for signs of swelling / red spots / bruising with an air pump (correct) but by using a water pump, you don't need to do this. There's no risk of it happening. Thanks to the stable nature of water, it can't apply uneven pressure to your penis in the same way air does.

In addition they don't exceed the safe limit for pressure (though I do agree that you should always listen to your body and if something hurts... stop!)

Also with a hyrdro pump the pressure is applied to your whole penis. The sleeve / comfort pad sits on your pelvis rather than around your penis so the entire Corpus Cavernosum benefits.

I know driving over the Bathmate with a 4x4 is a little extreme, but at LH we thought this was an excellent (and fun!) way of showing how durable they are. After all these things are designed to be put under a relative amount of pressure, and I doubt any of you boys fancy having a cylinder collapse on your penis mid pump - ouch!!.

Also, I'd like to mention that we don't 'have' to put a positive spin on anything. We sell the products we believe in and don't push particular products based on sales, targets or anything else for that matter. I'm sorry you feel the advice we give is tainted by sales.

In my honest opinion, and from my research in pneumatic and hydraulic pumping, a water pump offers a more efficient, safe and comfortable penile workout for most men.

After that, it's up to you guys to try them out and see which one slots in with your lifestyle and offers you the best results :)

I think it's fair to say there are pros and cons to every competing product.

As for the sleeve comfort pad thing - the cyclinder I bought is 2.5 inch diameter. I don't use the insert that came with it, rather I press the cylinder tight into the pelvis area just like a Bathmate. Ideally a comfort ring would help in this situation too, but I was aware that using an insert could actually restrict growth at the base of the organ. However - the same issue with the Bathmate exists as with any pump, the problem of the testicles being drawn in. It's not a nice feeling but with practise I can figure out which angle is best suited for use and most pumps have (or should have ) a quick pressure release valve anyway.

Like you say though, each to their own lifestyle, it's just that Bathmate doesn't fit into mine. I agree water is a great stabiliser, it makes perfect sense, so then perhaps a budding designer out there can come up with a sealed system that the penis slides into a condom like chamber within a cyclinder surrounded by fluid that when pumped out creates suction, but when you realease it it fills the cylinder again. I'm off to Dragons Den! Patent pending :-)

quietguy wrote:

I think it's fair to say there are pros and cons to every competing product.

As for the sleeve comfort pad thing - the cyclinder I bought is 2.5 inch diameter. I don't use the insert that came with it, rather I press the cylinder tight into the pelvis area just like a Bathmate. Ideally a comfort ring would help in this situation too, but I was aware that using an insert could actually restrict growth at the base of the organ. However - the same issue with the Bathmate exists as with any pump, the problem of the testicles being drawn in. It's not a nice feeling but with practise I can figure out which angle is best suited for use and most pumps have (or should have ) a quick pressure release valve anyway.

Like you say though, each to their own lifestyle, it's just that Bathmate doesn't fit into mine. I agree water is a great stabiliser, it makes perfect sense, so then perhaps a budding designer out there can come up with a sealed system that the penis slides into a condom like chamber within a cyclinder surrounded by fluid that when pumped out creates suction, but when you realease it it fills the cylinder again. I'm off to Dragons Den! Patent pending :-)

Haha definitely, you should get yourself on that Dragon's Den! :P

That's great that you've changed the sleeve on yours, it would be great if there was a universal comfort pad for pneumatic pumps too... maybe another thing for the Dragons? :)

Supposedly, allowing your scrotum to fully relax before pumping can help with them not being sucked into the chamber. Even with pneumatic pumping, you might prefer to do it when you get out of a bath or shower as the tissues will be nice and relaxed. Your balls will already be sitting far away from your body and so although it's inevitable that some skin will be drawn in, hopefully your crown jewels stay far enough away from the sucky bits to stay comfy.

I forgot to add that most people don't realise that you can still use a Bathmate with air, it's just more efficient to use it with warm water :)

In my experience so far, the problem with the scrotum being geting sucked in is when it IS relaxed, especially if wet. Have to hold it out of the way but when suction is applied, and pressure builds, it (scrotum skin) ends up being pulled in. Sorry if this is a tad graphic. Once I have the technique down to a tee it will be fine - that said, if the skin is drawn in, it creates a great seal anyway, just not too comfortable.

But yes, after a shower is good, although I'm generally in a rush or already late to get to work by then.

Airmate....You've not convinced me yet though Jess - I'll be a tough nut to crack (so to speak!) Youch.

quietguy wrote:

In my experience so far, the problem with the scrotum being geting sucked in is when it IS relaxed, especially if wet. Have to hold it out of the way but when suction is applied, and pressure builds, it (scrotum skin) ends up being pulled in. Sorry if this is a tad graphic. Once I have the technique down to a tee it will be fine - that said, if the skin is drawn in, it creates a great seal anyway, just not too comfortable.

But yes, after a shower is good, although I'm generally in a rush or already late to get to work by then.

Airmate....You've not convinced me yet though Jess - I'll be a tough nut to crack (so to speak!) Youch.

Haha, nice pun! ;)

I'm really pleased you've found a product which works for you, and as you say, I would strongly recommend everyone does their own research before pumping so they have all the info before the purchase / start exercises.

I guess the pull on scrotal skin is a tricky one because even with air pumps it's still recommended you use lube for a good seal.... but this also helps skin slippage!

Sounds to me like you oughta get your thinking cap on and invent a universal-anti-scrot-slip device for all your pumping pleasures! ;)

BigBikeGuy wrote:

Yer I have been eyeing up pumps for a while, but I feel that its a lot of money for a pump, im in the 'I would if it wasent so expencive' trap, but hay I might just bite the bullet at some point, coz hay im a ok size, being a few inches over the national avarage in leghth and gurth but hay, who wouldnt like a bigger dick :D

I'm kind of glad I didn't spend too much money when I opted for a normal vacuum pump - as even now I hardly have the time to use it. Three months on, i used the pump probably 15 times. Not saying it's not impressive when fully pumped up - if only it really stayed that way out of the tube, my god a 9 inch one! I think the key to any device is regular constant use and in this case, I found that I didn't have the time to be able to put this into practise. So have resigned myself to what nature intended.

BigBikeGuy wrote:

On the Bathmate website they have a 6 week video diary kept by one of their employees in which he regularly uses the product and measures any size difference. It's pretty interesting to watch and definitely worth checking out.

http://bathmatedirect.com/xtreme-progression/

Got one. Been using for 2 months. Growth was seen from first use and very noticeable growth. Main large effects last for and hour then I would say my erection goes back to its normal size but my flaccid size stays bigger for the next day. I would say I have noticed a permanent flaccid size increase with 2 months of use but the erection increase isn't really noticeable. That is sticking with an every other day use. Maybe after say 6 months use the erection increase would be noticeable.
What I can tell you is I now have a bath before bed most nights because the immediate effect after pumping is very impressive and my oh's first ever comment after my first real use was 'it looks very angry'. After pumping increase in length is 1inch but girth is the biggest gain at 1 1/2. But visibly it's plain to see. I have used a standard pump and I got nowhere near similar effects so I would say initially it's worth it.

i find the BH overrated. After having to send mines back a number of times due to a leaky valve, I now have one that maintains pressure for the most part. However, i find it hard to maintain an erection with it on, and without an erection you're not actaully causing any additional stretching. Water retention is another huge problem and I am yet to have a decent session without water retention on my penis.

I also don't find the ruler accurate at all. you have to add 1.5 inches to the length shown.

The results are much more girtheir then longer and they are not perminant. most have commented that to see permanant results, you'll have to comine Bate mate sessions with other penis excercises

We were lucky enough to get sent this bath mate as a test product, because it had faulty packaging - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19195&reviewpage=1

From my point of view, I understand the cost of the product, before my husband had the chance to try it out I wouldn't have paid £65 to try one out, because I've always thought they were a con, but it really does work! Now knowing the results I would have invested.

I understand people pay think they don't have the time for it, but it's different from a regular penis pump. The bathmate is different because you can work it into your routine. Just keep it in the bathroom, and use it every time you have a bath or a shower, it's much more convenient then finding the time to sit down and start pumping away. Another great thing is it's hands free, as soon as you put it on you let the magic work itself. You're supposed to use it everyday for 6 weeks for the best results, but my husband doesn't use it every single day, maybe 3-4 times a week when he's got a little more time to spend in the bath and I can still notice a big difference.

I noticed an immediate difference when my husband first used it. It didn't feel like he was bigger, but it made me feel like I was tighter down there. Now that he's been using it a while, I've noticed he feels a lot thicker and is noticeably bigger.

From a woman's point of view, size doesn't matter at all, and my husband wasn't small in the first place, but if it makes you feel more confident then I would recommend it.

It's definitely worth the money, I don't know if it's the aid of the bath and warm water, but it really works, and works fast!