I really want a bathmate...

I agree with Mrs McX. I've used and reviewed one and they do work. I also don't use it every day, but it fits into my bath routine. I don't want to get much bigger, but it also seems to make sex feel good and maybe increase staying power. This could all be in my head, but I'm not questioning it because it's working.

I saw this topic last night and I decided I'd give my experiences with Bathmates.

I bought a Bathmate Hercules last year some time and I couldn't wait to try it ( I don't think at the time they'd even launched the X30 or X40 so it could be longer) Anyway when I got it I used it everyday (apart from 1 day off a week) for about 4 weeks, I'd fill it, pump like mad and leave it on for 20 minutes straight, I gave up because I didn't see results, apart from a lot of fluid retention in the foreskin, and it hurt my pubic bone area, this all went away after an hour or 2 at the most ,anyway I tucked it away in a draw and forgot about it.....

I was cleaning up about 4 months ago and I found it again and decided I'd give it another go but this time I did my research and I drilled into myself that this isn't a quick piece of equipment but it's like going to the gym, it's going to take commitment and dedication and like a gym over time I hoped to see results... Well I kept a record and a routine that I saw on the Bathmate site and stuck to it before I go into routine etc I'll give a bit of info on the Hercules model...

1.it's the basic, guys over 7" it's not for you, girthy guys wont find it any use either... better going for the X40.

2. the is a scale on the outside, it's not accurate as the measurement can depend on the pressure your applying, unless you can get to full pump and even then it's not correct, BUT it does give a simple gauge to see increase.

3. No Shower strap... I thought this was a waste of money but I have one now and it's essential.

4. Don't use water based lube....you apply lube so your skin doesn't rub on the inside of the tube.. this can be uncomfortable but as you use the Bathmate you learn a few tricks like giving a shake before you give a top up pump.

OK so anyway I used it for about 3 months... yes you have a few side effects sometimes, a little fluid in the foreskin as I mentioned above, usually caused by pumping to much and not working up.. remember you warm up if doing exercise so you need to pump slowly. you can get a few red dots..again this is from pumping to hard too fast... it's a marathon not a 100m sprint.

I've seen people saying that 20 minutes in the shower is too ling and not many men opt for a bath daily and this is where I failed the first time.... 2nd time around I'd get into the shower, fill it and put it on and every minute I'd give a top up pump, I'd use this time to wash my hair and face, then after 5 mins I've remove it, give the lad a couple of streches and re-fit, spend 5 mins washing my body and again giving it top up pumps every 45-60 secs, Now I'd remove it the 2nd time and give a couple of streches and re-apply, Usually after this I either give myself 5 mins standing in the shower and then remove, strech and replace OR I get out and start brushing my teeth and drying myself and leave it on for 5-10 mins... This is where the shower strap is essential, I found with this I could walk around the house and do a few bits while it was attached.

Doing the above I found it much more managable and it became part of my routine and this is what is what you need to achieve.

RESULTS- After 3 months while in the pump and at near full pressure I measured 164mm and after 3 months I was measureing 182mm.... Girfth showed a similar increase.. Now these are after at the end of a session and not actual gains, Yes after using it the first time you'll see a difference in size and hang but this is like lifting weights in a gym, you get a pump after a workout, at the start over the next couple of hours this will go, however I did find as the weeks went on this pump lasted a bit longer.

Now there is what I called a maintence growth, after a couple of weeks you WILL see an increase in length and girth but if you stopped for a week this will fade away but if you keep at your routine and do it properly then you will start to see long term gains... Gains of 25% I don't think are possible but long term an 3/4 -1 inch in length and girth are.

I set myself a target of 185mm in the Hercules and then I'd change to an X40 or the New Xtreme but I hit a problem, I found I was filling the girth too much, Lovehoney had the X40 and Xtreme up for testing and I had my fingers crossed I'd get one, but sadly I didn't :-( So I treated myself to one instead.....

More power, hand suction ball, more girth , upgraded bellow system........Well I'll be honest, I found the hand ball a bit tricky, and filling and getting good suction a lot more difficult that the Hercules..... but with a bit of trial and error I got the hang of it.... now I will say something, the suction on this really is stronger, I found myself over pumping a lot but I also think i might have moved models too quickly. I now use the Xtreme maybe twice a week and the Hercules 3 times I've reduced the pressure a bit so I'm not pushing on gains at the moment but will be in another couple of weeks.

I've never tried an air pump so don't ask me to compare them. The price of the Bathmates are expensive compared to air pumps but I do find if you use it, keep with it and it works then is it not worth it ??? As I said earlier, it's like going to the gym, I'm only 4ish months into my membersip and I plan to keep going for a about 10-12 months and then give myself a month or 2 off and see what happens, maybe just give it 1 session a week.

Don_Don wrote:

4. Don't use water based lube....you apply lube so your skin doesn't rub on the inside of the tube.. this can be uncomfortable but as you use the Bathmate you learn a few tricks like giving a shake before you give a top up pump.

Why they give you free waer based lube, I have no idea. It's useless. I've used silicon lube and this is far far better.

I was the lucky person that got to review the Extreme. I really like the hand pump. It's a bit fiddly at first, but stick with it. You don't have to attach it anyway.

I agree with everything you've said. I use it when I have a bath as I personally don't get on with it in the shower. It doesn't really take me much longer than normal and the gains don't need to be permanent as they last for the time between baths.

Yeah I use silicone lube sometimes too, but I also found it sometimes better to apply it to the inside of the Bathmate..... Water based and water.... what were they thinking?

Yeah I like the hand pump but I just find that it doesn't stay fitted too well... but once you get used to the system it's great.

I think I've used it 3 or 4 times in the bath, I'm not a bath person... but anytime I have used it in the bath I have found it works better.... well easier.

Glad someone who was interested in it got it to test, I'd of been pissed if someone got it, get it 10 mins and then threw it in a draw.

Thanks to everyone who added their own experiences, especially DON_DON who went back to using it and sticking with it second time around.

I guess if I was living alone and had the time, then i'd follow a more persistant routine, whether is is with a vacuum pump or most likely (if i really was single/no kids i'd have more ready cash!!!!) purchase the Bathmate.

For me though, it really is lack of opportunity to stick to a regime in a busy household. It's not something I've shared with my wife, she thinks I'm big enough already (so i guess this is just a male ego thing for me) and we pretty much have an open door policy in the house, so having my kids walk in to the bathroom while I shower isn't a problem, but obviously would be an issue with a plastic cyclinder attacehd to my bits!

I do notice that gains last for the rest of the day after using a vacuum pump, and again can have the same issues if too eager what with fluid retention which looks absolutely horrible and dare I say quite scary. I was posting a progress blog with pics but I deleted it. It just looked ridiculous. But there were temporay gains which were quite exciting. However, as i was doing it in the morning, if I happeded to be amourous with my wife in the nighttime, I don't think she noticed... Not sure what that says about the gains or her sense fo feeling. Two kids on - who's to say?

To those who make permanent gains - then all praise to you guys. That's dedication for you. Well done.

I managed to snag myself a Hydromax X30 to review on my blog.

If anyone's interested I've written up my first impressions here: http://incendiaire-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/bathmate-hydromax-x30.html

I'm planning to use it for 20 minutes each day for the next 6 weeks and make weekly progress updates to see if it does actually work. I've always been a little sceptical about these sort of things so I'm looking forward to conducting my own little experiement. I'm going to feel like a teenager again if I'm measuring my penis each week to see if it's grown, haha.

Incendiaire wrote:

I managed to snag myself a Hydromax X30 to review on my blog.

If anyone's interested I've written up my first impressions here: http://incendiaire-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/bathmate-hydromax-x30.html

I'm planning to use it for 20 minutes each day for the next 6 weeks and make weekly progress updates to see if it does actually work. I've always been a little sceptical about these sort of things so I'm looking forward to conducting my own little experiement. I'm going to feel like a teenager again if I'm measuring my penis each week to see if it's grown, haha.

Woop you got one! :D (Gritty Woman here lol) I will have a read of your review tomorrow. xx

Fluffbags wrote:

Woop you got one! :D (Gritty Woman here lol) I will have a read of your review tomorrow. xx

I figured that as they are a British company there was no harm in e-mailling them and asking if they sent out review samples to bloggers, and they very kindly obliged.

Incendiaire wrote:

I'm going to feel like a teenager again if I'm measuring my penis each week to see if it's grown, haha.

reminds me of "The secret diary of Adrian Mole".

Looking at how the hurcules pump works. How will it be different from filling a air pump with water and pumping water instead of air?

BTW I tried the xtreme out without water in it and suctioned that baby right up.... strech and pulled and wow my knob is bruised and has burst blood vessels.... nightmare... that's no sex for 2 days now.

Morthius wrote:

Looking at how the hurcules pump works. How will it be different from filling a air pump with water and pumping water instead of air?

Couldn't tell you if there is much difference or not, but I'd reckon the valves aren't as strong but really the only way to find out is to try it... I know I could dry my clothes in an oven on a low temp but I think I'll stick to the tumble drier ;-)

Don_Don wrote:

BTW I tried the xtreme out without water in it and suctioned that baby right up.... strech and pulled and wow my knob is bruised and has burst blood vessels.... nightmare... that's no sex for 2 days now.

Hang on a minute. So the USP of the Bathmate is that you can use it with water and you decided to try it full pressure with no water?

I'm in a forgiving mood, so I admire your bravery, however I'm not lending you my Ferrari in case you put diesel in it.

;-)

I have reviewed the hydromax x30 on my blog and we are in the process of reviewing the x40 now, with review coming soon, so thought I would offer a quick tip. If your penis is anything above 6 to 7 inches in length, and any more than 5.5 inches in girth when hard, I would recommend going for the x40. The x30 is suitable for the average guy, or the smaller guys, but you will fill this one quickly if you are on the large side and feel like you could use more room (not so much length at first, but definitely in girth) so yeh. Just a tip for you guys interested in getting one x

StHubbins wrote:

Don_Don wrote:

Hang on a minute. So the USP of the Bathmate is that you can use it with water and you decided to try it full pressure with no water?

I'm in a forgiving mood, so I admire your bravery, however I'm not lending you my Ferrari in case you put diesel in it.

;-)

Hey remember when you were a kid and you were told not to stick a metal object into a plug socket but you just couldn't resist......... kind of the same situation.

Don't worry about the Ferrari, I've my own...

The bathmate has this part at the bottom which you pump to get the water out right? But does this stay compressed when you have reached the desired "level" of pumping?

If so this will probably be the difference between filling a air pump with water and having a bathmate. The suction will if it stays compressed be focused more from the beginning of the shaft than it will when pumping out at the end. At least slightly.

Yes Morthius, there is what they call a bellows at the bottom of the Bathmate, this compresses as you pump, an normal air pump doesn't have this. The bellows remains compressed when you stop pumping.

I've just bought the X30 and have tried it twice so far - very much still getting the hang of using it.

One thing I notice is that the intructions you get either in the leaflet or on the video guides on the website they give, seem to be contradicting regarding which way up the chamfered side/orientation mark on the comfort sleeve goes.

The videos on LH say it goes down the way (ball side) but I've seen other instructions and videos suggesting the opposite i.e chamfered side/orientation mark up - even seen a suggesting doing this avoids risk of getting your balls drawn into it.

I've tried both and it seems to work better for me with the chamfer upwards - what's everyone else doing?

WooHoo wrote:

I've just bought the X30 and have tried it twice so far - very much still getting the hang of using it.

One thing I notice is that the intructions you get either in the leaflet or on the video guides on the website they give, seem to be contradicting regarding which way up the chamfered side/orientation mark on the comfort sleeve goes.

The videos on LH say it goes down the way (ball side) but I've seen other instructions and videos suggesting the opposite i.e chamfered side/orientation mark up - even seen a suggesting doing this avoids risk of getting your balls drawn into it.

I've tried both and it seems to work better for me with the chamfer upwards - what's everyone else doing?

Same as you. Did it by trial and error and I ended up with chamfer up.

Has the bathmate ever been in deal of the day ?