If you're having a difficult time

Hey All,

I thought it might be worth putting up a dedicated topic to discuss in light of the events of this weekend. We want the Fourm to be a happy, positive space where people can chat about sex and sex toys openly. However we understand that our members may not always be in the best headspace (especially during the past two years) and may come here to vent to their forum friends, this is fine - everybody loves a good moan (pun intended?), but it is important to remember that the things you post can have an impact on other members. So from now on - I am requesting that you blur/spoiler any posts you think may be triggering and pop a little trigger warning in front of it.

This is a public forum, and (much like Facebook, Reddit, Twitter etc.) people, for the most part, are anonymous, which means we are not able to facilitate a wellness check/contact the police on behalf of any of our forum friends. If you need support, there are lots of organisations with the necessary tools and information who can help. It is ok to not be ok and we encourage you to reach out to those who are best placed to support you:

MIND

Infoline (for information and signposting service) - 0300 123 3393

Ways to help yourself cope in a crisis - https://www.mind.org.uk/need-urgent-help/

SANEline

If you’re experiencing a mental health problem or supporting someone else, you can call SANEline on 0300 304 7000 (4.30pm–10.30pm every day).

NHS

Find your local NHS urgent mental health helpline - Mental Health Helpline for Urgent Help - NHS

If your life is at risk, please call 999 for an ambulance or go straight to A&E. Mental health emergencies are serious. You’re not wasting anyone’s time.

Samaritans

Contact the Samaritans 24 hours a day, 365 days a year on 116 123

Email: jo@samaritans.org

55 Likes

So glad this has been addressed Brenna. Big love to all x

7 Likes

There’s also Mental Health Matters.

They have a helpline and Web chat service. The numbers for various regions can be found here:

I have found them very friendly and are happy just to talk when you need someone. Totally confidential

Out of hours drop in centres for crisis support in various locations across the UK. (Now open for face to face meetings, video calls, texts and email also still available)

And lots of resources and information on their website

11 Likes

Great info. Good job!

I’m my experience to talking all things mental both here and elsewhere, it is the anonymity that allows peeps the feeling of freedom to discuss how they’re feeling without any shame or embarrassment. As difficult and unlikely as it sounds, reaching out for help from organisations will be as shame and embarrassment free as discussing things here: there is nothing you can tell them that they (sadly) haven’t heard a gazillion times before. They want you to get well, just like everyone here. There is no shame in helping yourself. And in the words of Matt Haig, that I’ve repeated to myself many many times: ‘stay’. You are loved.

7 Likes

Great work Brenna! Right behind this.

4 Likes

Wise words to share, totally support this and glad to see some links too.
Might be worth mentioning many government funded organisations for mental health services have a rather long waiting list should you require to see anyone urgently. Best places to consider faster support is your doctors or local charity run organisations.

8 Likes

Well done Brenna :clap:.
A very thoughtful post on help out there for those that need.
Anonymous posts will sometimes give people the courage to speak up.

3 Likes

I totally support the aims of this thread - following, as it does, the excellent precedent set by @WillC:

6 Likes

Thanks @PleasureDrone
Hopefully the chap is ok. Sometimes you feel so helpless and unable to guide people in the right direction.

4 Likes

Fantastic post Brenda and glad that this has been thought off. Hope this does hope some people who may be struggling with mental health to speak up and get some help.

2 Likes

@Lovehoney_Brenna

Not gonna lie. I kinda needed to see this post tonight. Funny how things work sometimes. Thank you and your team for being quality individuals and actually giving a fuck enough to create a post like this.

7 Likes

Thank you
I’m just starting counselling and it’s great that your team and the lovely people on the forums are behind this

4 Likes

@Lovehoney_Brenna - a quick FYI: this topic appears to have magically unpinned itself overnight. I’m not sure how, but I’m certain you can’t have intended it to.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s meant to be globally pinned forever. It’s only one of a handful of topics in the #resources category, so it’s easy to find.

Nice to see you on here again @woodstock2 :grinning: Hope the counseling is helpful :+1:

I hope you’re OK @BiM4fun, threads like this show that people do care, it helps to know that when we’re struggling.

3 Likes

Thank you Kitty. I’ll be okay. I’m just having a hard time right now.

3 Likes

Hope things improve soon for you @BiM4fun. Remember you’ve got many friends on here to support you and offer advice. Stay safe. :+1:

3 Likes

It’s not ok to be not ok…

4 Likes