I'm too Sexy for my Town?

I don’t mind strawberry but hate mint anyway so mint lube is just :nauseated_face: :joy:

1 Like

Have tried watermelon and wasn’t keen, but strawberry and cherry were very nice! As stated, mint is too reminiscent of toothpaste!

1 Like

Ok I can understand menthol lube but for penetration only. For the tingling sensation but if it was to be used where your mouth is going then no.

Are we automatically assuming we will be licking or sucking where it is

1 Like

Orgasm balm has the tingle and the flavours, and yes it goes where mouths go!

1 Like

@Orgasm_Chaser I guess we are… I mean, flavoured lube would imply that it’s meant to be tasted rather than a sensation like menthol.

Not sure what sort of sensation cherry would give. :slight_smile:

1 Like

155th! Isn’t too bad I guess :smiley:

2 Likes

Yo ho folks. :slightly_smiling_face:

I realise the Sex Map is meant purely as a bit of a laugh - as is this thread - and I’m in danger of spoiling everyone’s fun by taking it all FAR too seriously, but…

Assuming that the sex map is produced by Lovehoney themselves, then the data used must be based on something LH can measure, and that got me thinking… :thinking:

My best guess is that it’s based on Lovehoney’s product sales. This raises a (to me) interesting question:

If it is based on how much revenue comes in from any given location, the results will be heavily biased by how economically vibrant/depressed that region is. People on low incomes can’t spend as much on sex toys, right?

However, if it is based on the number of units sold in a given area, regardless of how much those items sold for, it seems to me that this would produce a much fairer, more accurate result. If you’re having to be careful with the few spare pennies you’ve got, thanks to Lovehoney’s competitive pricing you can still access a plethora of keenly-priced goodies and/or wait for a particular special item to turn up in a sale, then add your 20% reviewer’s discount to it - I know I do!

So who is kinkier: the low-income person who buys several different keenly-priced items in the sale for a total of less than £60, or the rich one who buys one £200 quid app-controlled vibe?

Anyhoo, that’s it really. Just me speculating about something fairly trivial! :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Or, if you’re Unlimited, your 25% off £40+ Unlimited discount. :+1: You can find it on Your Account page, and you can use it as often as you like. :slightly_smiling_face:

The one who invites all their mates round to share. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Not wishing to de-rail this fun thread any further, but… Ian, is the Unlimited thing a new(ish) feature? The reason I ask is that I’ve been buying from LH for about 2 years and my order history shows that on more than one occasion (back in 2019) I spent more than £50 - and yet my account page is telling me that right now I need to spend a further £26 to become a member of Unlimited. Confused!

And if you bought bought condoms would each count as an individual purchase and up the sexiness of your town?
From what I remember when they first started it, it was just a PR stunt to get free coverage in the press (and it seemed to work)
Amazed they are still doing it, must just give info to their competitors.

I assume that based on the way the figures work you are right @PleasureDrone

If my area is 9th for Strap-ons then I assume the data is the LH takes how many Strap-on’s they’ve sold and then calculates into which town’s they’ve delivered them to, this would then be fairly easy to say that an area is 9th for Strap-ons etc as they are mearly putting number delviered to an area into a top 10 list.

Then I guess they combine the data of all units sold to a town to get the overall rating, based on the other towns.

Additional: Do I get some kind of award for using the word Strap-on 4 times in a post??? :rofl:

7 Likes

Good point, @MyDeviantVirtue (and BTW, your user name sounds like a 90s Goth band :wink: ) - if they’re able to say how many of a certain item was sold in a given area, I guess they must be counting per-item sales, not just dosh over the counter.

Interestingly enough we both love 90s Goth Bands. :upside_down_face: We also liked the idea of Deviance being a Virtue. :wink:

I think that makes sense that it’s done per item per town, and the data should be areadily available due to Audit trails.

1 Like

51st?! This may be driven by our spending habits :grimacing:

1 Like

719th - I knew those ads about sexy mature women just round the corner were bogus. :unamused:

4 Likes

Our town is in the top 50 in the survey, who would have thought it…

2 Likes

Nice !
Still 506th for me :frowning:

1 Like

42nd for me

2 Likes

@Melody1 I demand a recount!

1 Like

Grew up in 417th with a preference for cherry lube now moved to 493rd with a penchant for mint… much lower than expected for my current city.

2 Likes