In growing hair

Hi lovely people Those of you that like shaving your pubes, have you ever had problems with in growing hairs? If so how do you deal with them. Just had one of the little buggers and needed 5 days of antibiotics from docs, to shift it which has put me off shaving again. Unfortunately i liked the look and feel of being shaved and so dose the wife Don't laugh. The fact it was on the shaft of my penis was abit embarrassing

Ouch. Poor you hunnie. I have sometimes had the odd troublesome one but it never got infected on that scale thank goodness. Hubby hasn't either . The base of his shaft has a thickness of hair so needs double shaving. We moisturise after everytime. Have you looked into hair removing cream? I'm sorry I cant help anymore. Hope your all better sweetie. Xx💋💋

Maturecpl wrote:

Ouch. Poor you hunnie. I have sometimes had the odd troublesome one but it never got infected on that scale thank goodness. Hubby hasn't either . The base of his shaft has a thickness of hair so needs double shaving. We moisturise after everytime. Have you looked into hair removing cream? I'm sorry I cant help anymore. Hope your all better sweetie. Xx💋💋

Not tried creams, heard they can give chemical burns if used down there

Ouch! I shave twice a week and never get ingrown hairs, maybe it's my method? I soak in a hot bath to open the pores and soften the hairs, when i'm ready i let enough water out, that my bits are just above the waterline when lying down. Lying down helps you manipulate everything easily for a close, nick free shave. Use a quality 5 blade razor and non foaming sensitive gel such as King of Shaves. Don't use blunt blades. Not sure of your method but, hope this helps!

Yes, I sometimes get them. I have a pair of tweezers that are shaped like hooks that are good for getting them out.

Creams certainly give me burns and blisters on my scrotum,even the 'sensitive skin' versions.

I'm currently trying HPL treatment but that's long term so in the meantime I'm shaving every day. I was using a 5 blade razor which was working well but I've just switched to a Gillette Skinguard Sensitive. It only has two blades but it has blade guards which reduce skin irritation. The upshot is that it doesn't shave quite as close as a standard razor (it still feels smooth though) so this may be worth trying for your problem. If it leaves the hairs at or slightly above skin level they may not be so prone to growing inwards?

I see on the net products like Veet can be used but caution to be taken on very intimate places like scrotum and Labia where skin is thinner. Try patch test and just less . Hope this helps hunnie Xx

Ps. We use a 5 blade Gillette razor so very smooth and no pulling. That may be your answer. Xx

Thanks guys as usual your all amazing. Have been using body groomer and shaving for years this is the first time this has been a problem.to this extent I use your method WillC, and will continue to do so when the old togger is feeling better

Let us know how you get on.

Maturecpl wrote:

Ps. We use a 5 blade Gillette razor so very smooth and no pulling. That may be your answer. Xx

Used to use Gillette but just changed to Harry's subscription blades thay seem on a par with Gillette time will tell

WillC wrote:

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you WillC... I'll get back on the horse, it wont put me off

Like Will I shave in the bath after a soak and use a 5 blade. Have been shaving smooth for over 30 years and no problems xxx

Ingrown hairs / skin irritaion: Every. Single. Time. Anywhere on my body. Every now and then I decide to go 'au natural' - I'm blonde and not too hairy and can get away with it - but then summer comes around which makes not shaving legs tricky and don't get me started on swinsuits. I'm going to persevere this summer - remove anything poking through swimwear / knickers and just trim everywhere else rather than shave or use creams - under arms, intimate parts, leave legs alone. My OH doesn't mind at all so no reason not to be carefree.

When possible I always try to shave after a nice hot bath and use fresh blades with some shaving gel however I do still get the occosional ingrowing hair from time to time.

I think the biggest way to prevent them when shaving is the direction that you run the blade you should always shave with the grain not against it as this causes hairs to ingrow.

As crazy as it sounds, rubbing an anti-persirant stick (I use a Gillette mens stick I keep for this purpose) over the shaved area straight after shaving helps with red bumps and ingrowns.

I don't get them any more (maybe the stick prevents them?) but I used to use an aspirin mask on the skin to soften it and help with any inflamed area. Crush a few aspirin in a mug and add a drop of warm water to mix to a paste, spread it on, leave 10-15 minutes then rinse. It's great for spots, too.

Only had one once and wasn’t pleasant. I also get annoying rashes from shaving and always given cream. My GP told me to stop shaving all together as hair is there for a reason and to stick to trimming instead.

I trim using an electric trimmer from here instead of shaving completely for the same reason.

Gilette Mach 3 in the shower using normal body wash (whatever brand is on special when Mrs Sen does the shopping) and I will sometimes use Johnsons baby oil on balls/penis afterwards (usually if I remember / think about it). The baby oil really softens the skin and leaves the whole area feeling wonderful.

Have only ever had 2 ingrown hairs which resulted in a small pimple like lump which I was able to deal without much fuss, but I do understand the apprehension.

Much like shaving your face, your skin becomes tuffened to it over time and issues like nicks, cuts and ingrown hairs less frequent.

There is an intimate hair removal cream by a brand called woowoo (often found in the ladies sanitary section of stores) I haven't used it, but have friends who swear by it, I'm sure it'll be perfectly fine for men's sensitive areas too!