Is a glass butt plug worth it?!

I’ve tried many butt plugs so far, I love the vibrating ones and so does my partner! What are people’s thoughts on a glass one as it could be our next purchase!

I like them occasionally but use silicone more regularly. I find glass fairly easy to insert with minimal lube as the are so smooth (I find less 'sting' and quicker adjustment than silicone), you can go for something smaller as the firmness and weight makes it feel bigger, they usually look very attractive, easy to clean, they can slip out a bit easier than silicone though in my experience which is probably the only reason I don't use them more, plus the designs tend to be less suitable for sitting/longer term wear.

We absolutely love glass toys, the great thing about them is the ability to make them hot or cold for a bit of a twist in sensations. Also with lube they slip in so much easier as they are so smooth and silky to touch, they also look stunning.
You should definitely look at steel plugs too, they feel incredible. One thing about glass and steel is the weight of them too, this is a sensation in itself and feels great when you pop one in.

Brilliant! Yeah I found that half of the time they do slip out and don’t often stay with the silicone too depending on the type! (Vibrating ones with the cables !)And that’s why I get put off because of the sting! But like you said if it reduces that I might look into it! Also reckon my partner will benefit from it because it looks attractive! Thank you Amy!

Hot and cold can you give me tips on how to do that ? And yeah I’ll have a gander at the steel ones too I reckon it would be better from the others with the weight and all! Thank you LIL_KNOWN69

I would say yes as I love temperature play but I like options that have a bit of texture on the base as they tend to stay in better for me. These two are good examples of what I mean:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37742

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31111

So wider the base the better? Also just had a look at the steel ones and wow they excite me just by looking at them haha

Thank you nat and Tom !

Glassy asses FTW! 

I really rate this one and this one

Thank you I’ll have a look now!

GLOW IN THE DARK! Wow I love that think that would be well attractive for my other half!

Jess, glow in the dark, wow, that looks cool.

Kirsty,

I've graduated to a larger silicone butt plug in the last few months and a recent try of my 2 icicles glass butt plugs that I got last year still felt good, but I found that the flaring wasn't large enough to now stop it from "riding up inside" me after a little while. All was well I managed to remove it, but do be aware of this about glass butt plugs.

Who doesn’t love a glassy ass? Ha
Temperature can be changed in several ways Kirsty, you can simply put the plug in some
Warm water for a nice and realistic warming sensation or in the fridge or in cold water for a chilly sensation. We like to leave our toys in a bowl of warm water for about 10 minutes or so before play, they tend to slip in a little easier too we’ve noticed 🙌🏻

As jess said we also recommended the fifty shades plug as it’s super smooth:
https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=35384

Hmm all this talk is making me think I haven't had a new plug in a while, I've had a couple of icicles ones on the wishlist for a while and I do like the firefly ones but knowing the quality of Njoy toys I'm tempted to invest in steel next.

Yeah I got a large butt plug but it was too big for me to handle so had to downsize in a way but I know what you mean by riding up inside! Thank you for your advice this is really helpful! And oh as simple as that ! I like the sound of the warm water and making it easier for me as like I said sometimes I can get put off by the size and sometimes pain! But if warm water makes it easier it sounds so good!

Thank you for your tips!

Tbh amy I’m thinking the same want a glass and a steel one haha will have to see what I can get when I’m back in the UK

If your struggling with size Kirsty then just work your way up as you don’t want to cause any damage or unpleasant pains. Try a few smaller plugs and then medium to then take on the large ones. But a good anal lubricant is worth getting too instead of a normal water based lube, also look into getting an anal douche! They make everything squeaky clean and more comfortable ☺️

I am take a medium at the moment! And have a anal douche but that even sometimes gives me a stomach ache you know from all the water going up there! And I bought that fist it line but it kind of burned haha not in a pleasant way! But once I got used to it it felt good kind of haha although my partner loved the lube causenit worked better for him that it did with me! I reckon the glass one will be more Benifitial for me!