Is he just playing me about? Need honest advice

Sounds like way too much hassle in a short space of time. Probably best to move on.

2 Likes

I agree with the majority, he needs to go. To be messing you about this much so early on im a relationship says that he isnt committed. Being sick, I’d accept. But forgetting about your plans- no matter what he is doing- isnt good enough and shows he doesnt value those plans you had

3 Likes

Urgh I’ve been there a few times and I think you’re not being over dramatic at all. If he don’t show up on the Saturday then I would definitely axe him as it’ll prove he’s a time waster and not on the same page as you :neutral_face:

2 Likes

If he’s been sick there’s some leeway to be given for that in my opinion.

However the forgetting and ignoring elements don’t sound ideal. Especially at this early stage in the relationship.

3 Likes

Ultimately this comes down to your boundaries.
If you continue to let him treat you in this way (ignoring you, not turning up), then you’re telling him it’s OK.

Illness is always awkward, but also it is an easy thing to use for justification. The ignoring you part, however, does sound like a big red flag - you’ve seen him 3 times?
He is ‘forgetting plans’ at this point? If I was seeing someone at that point, and of course, this is only for myself, that takes a big focus and doesn’t get forgotten about.

I’m not sure I agree with the ‘like an actual man would do’ comment, however if I had been unwell and forgot a date, I would be especially keen to make up for that and own my mistake. He certainly isn’t doing that, however I don’t think its fair to say to be an actual man someone should have to cancel other arrangements.

If I was in your position, my boundary would have already been crossed and accepted this person doesn’t satisfy my non-negotiable requirements - not reliable, not consistent, not available and not showing enough interest.

5 Likes

I think the fact you are asking this question means you already know the answer.
I agree with everyone above - you’ve been more than fair and your commitment clearly does not appear to be reciprocated.
Sorry to hear you think so much of this chap, however you and your valuable time and emotions appear best spent elsewhere.
Good luck finding Mr Right

4 Likes

Hi @sharbur I am sorry to hear this guy is messing you around, unfortunately that is what it is messing you around. He might have been sick the first time :man_shrugging:t2: but there’s no excuse for the other times, in my opinion he’s not respectful towards you, ignoring your calls etc. it might be that you are more invested in him then he is with you, & if he knows that he’s going to keep doing what he’s doing :rage: I would end it & find someone who will treat you the way every man should treat a woman

5 Likes

@sharbur sorry to hear this but if he really wanted to come see you he would. Everyone gets sick but if he is constantly coming up with excuses then he is just stringing you along. The fact he is ignoring you in between meeting up says it all. It’s time to move on and find someone better. You are worth so much more then being someone’s second or third choice. Don’t waste anymore of your time on him.

3 Likes

Run for the hills … without him.

6 Likes

I’ll keep it short n sweet @sharbur “sack him off” you’re better than that :+1:

5 Likes

Hmmmmm, something fishy going on…

1 Like

I can understand why you feel you’re being ‘played’ don’t ever chase him, if he’s worth it he’ll prove himself. Has he been single for a while? Just asking because he’s making plans with his mates and making no tine for you. X

1 Like

@sharbur . I just think it is extremely bad manners and totally inconsiderate.
Id give him one last chance and if similar happens just ignore him. Any person man or woman deserves better.
Would you treat anyone like that…No, so do not accept it.
That aint no way to treat a lady.!!

3 Likes

As I have said before be careful, its strange because when you first get together you want to be with them all the time and I would be desperate to see them again. However this is not the case. Take care of yourself and don’t sell yourself short. You are better than that. Good luck. and lots of hugs.

4 Likes

Doesn’t sound right.

No-one forgets about a date with someone they’ve just met - when I was single and had just met someone, I used to count down the hours until I saw them again.

Cancelling dates at the weekend but finding time to see you in the week is very suspicious.

4 Likes

If he can’t put you high on the priority list when it is new, fun and romantic I sadly don’t think it is going anywhere.
You deserve to be treated like the centre of someone’s world, not an inconvenience to try an remember…
Save your heartache for someone who deserves it x

6 Likes

If he is “playing you,” like that. He’s not even putting an effort into being subtle about it.

If he thinks you’re not worth the effort to “play right.”

I think you know how he would treat you in a relationship.

Run and count your blessings. :pleading_face:

Sorry. But you’re worth better than that on all counts.

3 Likes

I think there might be a couple of easy ways to look at this one…

If your best friend talked to you and said she (or he) was experiencing the same thing and needed your advice, what would your response be?

It really does come down to your own boundaries - and as much as you like him, it sounds like they have been crossed in several ways (otherwise this post wouldn’t exist). It sounds like you let this one continue, he’ll just take further advantage, knowing he can do as he pleases and you’ll be waiting for him.

7 Likes

So what happened @sharbur? Did he show? Has he got the boot marks where you kicked him into touch?

6 Likes

Yep, I feel invested and curious to hear how this one plays out too… :slight_smile:

2 Likes