Is it ok to buy a sex toy for a friend as a surprise?

I have a really good friend and have often thought about buying her a really nice sex toy?

Is this too far or a thoughtful gesture?

My friends bought me a vibrator years ago as a birthday present, it was a tongue in cheek present though, no pun intended! I wasn’t at all offended!

2 Likes

If it’s a good friend and it won’t be totally from left field then I don’t necessarily see a problem with it, but it depends on the dynamics of your friendship.

If you’ve had open and honest conversations about sex and toys and think it’s something she would appreciate rather than being awkward then go for it.

I’d just be reluctant if it’s not something you’ve discussed at some depth x

5 Likes

I’ve bought several friends, several toys from LH and they always love it.

However, they know how many I have, the love I have for toys and lingerie and we have open conversations about sex and sex toys.

If your friend/s are a little reserved, I would maybe hold back in buying them something from here!

5 Likes

@BlueEyes without knowing the dynamics of your friendship its really difficult to say.

Could be an excellent or terrible idea to be fair :thinking: :laughing:

3 Likes

Thanks everyone. I agree, we have had may conversations about Sex Toys, just having a bit of fun. I think it would go down very well :smirk:

Just need to have a think about what to buy her?

3 Likes

Does she have any toys at the moment? If not a billet may be the way to go

1 Like

If you’ve openly discussed toys in the past and she genuinely enjoys the discussion then the answer is no.

If you’ve discussed toys and you want your relationship with this friend to go to the next level then absolutely go for it.

If this idea is coming out of nowhere then be very, very careful about hunting wabbits, pun intended, lol

1 Like

Of course

1 Like

I’d really love to gift a sex toy since I’ve found several that I absolutely love, but I don’t have an open enough relationship with any of my friends to even talk about sexual things :confused:

This sexual happiness podcast episode might be a good listen on this topic :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

6 Likes

I think it’s a brilliant idea

3 Likes

I asked my best friend if it was okay first and did so and she loved it.

Have bought for my sister too over the years. I always say if it’s to be opened in private though.

On a hen do I used one as a cake decoration. Which again I checked first. The last one I bought for another hen do is still in it’s packaging…as everything was cancelled due to covid.
Also bought card games from Lovehoney… bullets and low priced items in the Lovehoney sale as hen night prizes. Again checked with the bride to be.

I think if you ask first it’s a great gift to send to a friend.

3 Likes