Is it too late

Hello I am a single lady rapidly approaching my 60th birthday so have developed a new attitude to life . My sex life up to now has left a lot to be desired . Have I left it too late to explore new boundaries and experiences . The guys I chat to on dating sites just seen to want dirty chat with no practical or one off encounters neither are things I would find satisfactory . Is it unrealistic for me to want a playmate a similar age I am working on the principal of I got this idea then there may be equal in make form .

9 Likes

Hi there @Rosie_61 hope you find what you want or desire and welcome back to you :kissing_heart:

Hello and welcome back @Rosie_61 :slightly_smiling_face:

I canā€™t imagine that itā€™s too late, though you may have to wade through a bunch of unsuitables before you find a good match. :slightly_smiling_face: And I suppose the current situation isnā€™t helpful for in-person dating either.

Self-exploration is a lot of fun too though. I know itā€™s not quite the same, but knowing what you like (and having the confidence to express it) can be a real boost when you do find someone. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

3 Likes

@Rosie_61 itā€™s never too late to explore

Thank you for your comment I do realise the current situation does not allow personal contact and thanks to some love honey shopping and time on my hands I can do some self exploration . Great minds I guess take care x

4 Likes

never too late. my own journey is all about making the history nicer to look back on too. Dating sites are notoriously difficult to navigate, not least when the other women see you as a threat to all ā€˜theirā€™ menā€¦But i recommend pluggin away at a few with discussion forums attachedā€¦tis a better way to get to know some o the potential men. The one iā€™m on atmā€¦loads of men 60-80 and very few receptive women. some o these dudes should not be single. theyā€™re lovely. Mind you, iā€™m in uk - but wouldnā€™t dream of appearin on a uk dating site; so i guess sometimes you gotta be prepared to look further from your locality, to find what youā€™re lookin for.
Totally realistic tho; you keep your eyes open, itā€™ll come. The guy iā€™m sorta seeing, is older than me this time. iā€™ve always gone for younger menā€¦but, i am very aware, there are plenty out there looking too; for caring companionships, not just one off sessions. i had resigned myself to being alone permanentlyā€¦you should see the queue atmā€¦ doin my self esteem no harm.
Go for it Rosie; I hope you find what you want/need/desire

3 Likes

Thanks for your positive comments x

1 Like

@Rosie_61

It is never too late, it could be that you are using the wrong sites.

I am sure that many of the good people in this forum will have practical advice, suggestions.

Enjoy your purchases from LH.

1 Like

You seem to have written the idea off based on your age. Attitudes towards sex and dating have changed a lot even in the last ten years. Thereā€™s a huge number of people in exactly your situation who will be looking for something similar.
My advice would be to decide what you want. Donā€™t feel like you have to accept whatever comes along if itā€™s not right. You might take a while over it but remember itā€™s about what youā€™re looking for, not what someone else presents as your option.
As with anything else if you find a particular site doesnā€™t give you what you want, try another. And anotherā€¦ Perseverance often brings good rewards! I wish you the best.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not unreasonable, for example Mrs S is 66 and I am 58 and we only decided it was time to get out of the rut and start exploring new things sexually this summer. Neither of us had used any sex toys or done any anal experimentation so we have plenty to go at. Weā€™re moving more into solo play with a variety of toys at the moment. :partying_face:

3 Likes

Never too late, not sure if dating sites are always a good way to find ā€˜The oneā€™ you
may find decent partners in social situations, such as interest classes or clubs. Obviously once Covid rules are relaxed.

2 Likes

Itā€™s never too late, there are members on here who are mid 60ā€™s who still explore and enjoy a fulfilling sex life and best thing is, no matter what age we are we can still enjoy toys and solo time to reacquaint ourselves of what we do and do not enjoy.

2 Likes

It is never too late to find someone and it is certainly never too late to make new discoveries about your turn ons or pleasure. As others have said social groups once things have relaxed can definitely help. With my brief app/dating site experience I found directness and saying no right off the bat to help with the time waste. Also toys and self exploration are a great way to learn new things about yourself or even test the waters. Iā€™ve done so with a few things before trying it with a a partner. Plus self pleasure is great self care.

2 Likes

Never too late.

I am 69 and my wife is 68 and over the last ten years we have taken experienced so many new things sexually and taken our sex lives into areas we would not even have thought about a few years ago.
I cannot help you in your search for a partner but I can tell you that being 60 is not too late to explore.

3 Likes

It is definitely never too late - I started getting adventurous in my 40ā€™s and my first 2 years of having a 5 at the front have been the best so far for my sex life - must say though, sex in the front seat of a car was not the biggest hit as found it very restrictive and then I nearly fell out when he opened the door to get some air, lol. I need to find a woman whom I can do some experimenting withā€¦ But dating websites were never good to find anyone in my opinion, certainly never had any good experiences, I found it was much better to go onto BDSM websites as the people there are much more open and honest and have had some really interesting chats and also met up with a few people as wellā€¦ but thatā€™s a story for another time, lolā€¦

2 Likes

I met my husband on plenty of fish dating site and we have been together for 8 years, I had to kiss a couple of toads first tho. It never to late because Iā€™ve met people older then 60 getting married.

2 Likes

Itā€™s never, ever too late. Just remember a few things:

Donā€™t sell yourself short. If you meet someone and you donā€™t think heā€™s right for you, walk away.

The same goes for anything you may feel yourself being pressured into. Again, walk away.

Youā€™ll probably have to sort the wheat from the chaff by going through a lot of chaff to get a good stalk of wheat. If youā€™re using a dating site use a paid one. Iā€™ve not used one but held my friendā€™s hand while she went through a ā€˜dumpster diveā€™ of shoddy dates on free sites that left her feeling depressed and demeaned. Worst of all she was conned into handing over a lot of money by a bloke who never existed.

She eventually found love and got married to a lovely man she met on a paid site. So they are out there.

Donā€™t give up and donā€™t settle. Life really is too short. It might take a little longer to find what youā€™re looking for but itā€™ll be worth it.

3 Likes

@Rosie_61 as others have already said ā€œits never to lateā€. Sex and life in general has new things to learn daily. I hope you find someone to play with and if you find some who you can connect with also, thats an added bonus.

In the meantime read as many things as you can and chime in on subjects.

1 Like

@Rosie_61 Iā€™ve not got much to add as most of its already been said but donā€™t give up. There will be someone out there for you , it may take a while to find them but theyā€™re there. It most certainly isnā€™t too late !

1 Like

I also met my OH on POF some years ago been very happily married last few years. We too met some off beam folks.
Taken a while but our intimate time has now reached a state where we both meet our needs. Predominantly thanks to the great Lovehoney supply of toys/games .

2 Likes