Is Lingerie sexy with a mum tum?

Yes it is definitely still appealing! :smile_cat: I’m sure your partner won’t be bothered by it or even find it sexy like quite a few people do :heart: But either way, like others have suggested there are lots of options if you haven’t got all your confidence yet :yum::heart:

8 Likes

Yes. Possibly more so.

4 Likes

I’ve got to agree with all the previous comments.

My wife has a mum tum, she got this from giving me two beautiful children.

She doesn’t like her tum, but I think she looks great.

From a husbands point of view I haven’t aged that well, 4 stone heavier than when we met, a lot less hair ( on my head). Hopefully she still thinks I’m attractive…ish.:grinning:

10 Likes

100%, definitely

5 Likes

Yes!!! :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:
Totally, my OH thinks her mum tum is a frustating thing she cannot get rid of.
I think she looks as hot as ever especially in somthing sexy and little bit of a tum is a sign of the little monkeys we have produced and who we both adore.

I notice women in the gym sometimes in lycra with mum tums and honestly its attractive…
Be proud of your mum tum!!!

9 Likes

Buy what makes you feel sexy. I can assure you your OH will think you look great in anything. My OH says the same as you and needs constantly telling that she always looks great in my eyes. Your OH will be exactly the same I would imagine.

6 Likes

Simple answer is yes! I think I can say lingerie isn’t sexy unless the wearer believes they are sexy. So go for it, have confidence and your partner will love it!

4 Likes

LOL have you been speaking to my wife by any chance?

She is / was just the same, before kids she was pretty happy with her body (like an 8 or 9 out of 10 - her words not mine) but now the youngest is 5 and she’s just about 40 she has come to terms with never quite getting back to where she was despite several years back into her old lifestyle of cycling and swimming and being quite outdoorsy in our spare time.

We went through a phase of her trying to hide her tum and I just didn’t see the problem with it (in fact her boobs are better than ever!). It took a long while to get her confidence back and our sex life back to where we were before kids.
I have always loved her in some nice lingerie and she was always confident in maids outfits and some lovely low cut / peephole bras and crotchless knickers (yes I like the stereotypical mucky stuff :grin:). Then she suddenly starts buying this stuff that covers most of her up :sob:so we had a talk and got to the root of it all.
It took a while and a lot of reassurance but shes more or less got her confidence back.

Confidence is sexy… trying to cover up your mum tum (which I can almost guarantee that your partner barely notices let alone cares about) will be more of a turn off than anything as he’ll be able to tell you’re not comfortable.
Don’t forget, the arrival of kids will hit his ability to play footy / go running / hit the gym so he’ll likely gain a few unwanted pounds while they’re young as well.

10 Likes

Absolutely love it… My wife can be similar and I like buying stuff for her because she is so fit and gorgeous.

3 Likes

Yes definitely I wear lots of naughty undies and the oh doesn’t even bat an eyelid at my mum tum just makes me feel sexy and listed after x

3 Likes

This. Just this. Well said @rockstar

2 Likes

What @Male53 said! (except my hair is holding on) my wife has given me two amazing kisses kids, and like most people we’ve put on a bit with age/stress but I love her just as much now if not more. Wear your mum tum with pride - and I fully understand why the mums probably hate them…but you’re still all beautiful in our eyes!

However I can highly recommend the new ‘Hourglass’ range - they have a sheer midrif to disguise the tum…my wife looked knockout in the long sleeve body! And she thought so too!

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sexy-lingerie/sexy-plus-size-18/plus-size-bodies/p/lovehoney-plus-size-hourglass-black-smoothing-long-sleeve-crotchless-body/a45973g82789.html

6 Likes

I find mums tum so sexy and should be displayed but I understand if you don’t. certainly lots of very sexy lingerie on LH sit which would be great, covering up or not. You will look beautiful

7 Likes

Most certainly, Don’t feel you need to cover up, it’s your body be proud stretch marks etc is a story of your life.

5 Likes

I find my OH’s mum tum incredibly sexy! I see it as a badge of honour that she brought our little man into this world and it makes me worship her even more. I adore that woman

7 Likes

C section pouch and stretch marks plus a huge scar from one side of my torso to my the other.
I’m proud of all of them.
Give it a go and your confidence will boom!

8 Likes

Don’t be put off…go for it and wear what you like.

5 Likes

Oh yes. By far and away the most flattering item is the Lovehoney late night liaison body: smoothes over the mum-tum and hides it perfectly with the lace pattern. Makes me feel glorious, which is basically what all good undies should do! I love them so much I have five in different colours.

5 Likes

Go for it!
Wear what you like and for yourself, as well as for someone else.
I’ll second the kind of items others have suggested - babydolls, corsets, bodys, high-waisted bra sets for day wear as well as bedroom wear, and I’d add bodystockings (seems counterintuitive but they suit most figures and the coverage and patterns are flattering) and wraps (which often can be bought with matching cami sets).

7 Likes

I’ve got a C section pouch and scar. I used to be really self conscious of it, and still am to a degree. I find high waisted underwear/clothing helps me feel better about it.

OH isn’t even bothered about it, loves me regardless and always goes to rest his hand there when cuddling :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes