Is Sexting cheating?

I’ve dabbled with a bit of sexting in the past & loved how turned on I got from it but have often wondered whether it would be classed as cheating if you’re in a relationship, what are your thoughts?

2 Likes

To me it is absolutely cheating if your partner doesn’t know or consent

9 Likes

Definitely.

5 Likes

I’m damned sure my wife would say it was if she found out I was at it !

1 Like

To me personally, absolutely it is.
There’s different forms of cheating, and that’s definitely cheating. If it’s done behind your partner’s back, and they know nothing about it.
Cheating is the lowest of the low, in whatever form it is.

10 Likes

Totally agree :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Yep. It’s cheating. Defo!

3 Likes

To me it’s not much of a leap from an affair so yea I would see it that way. Deceit is deceit.

@Hornybunny17 what would your view be if it was the other way around?
(Mrs)

2 Likes

Unless you’re in an open relationship and your OH knows all about it, 100% cheating!

3 Likes

For me it would definitely be cheating.

If I discovered that my wife was sexting someone (which I am 100% sure she is not!) I would be devastated (but I would ask myself what was lacking in our relationship that she felt the need).

I even feel guilty finding another woman attractive (except in erotic films, but for us that is different: Mrs300 has no problem with me watching them) and I’m the guy whose sexy dream stopped when I realised that it wasn’t my wife in the dream!

I saw the damage that infidelity did to my parents’ marriage and I have no desire to go there.

I cannot imagine - and have no desire to discover - how it would feel to have an intimate relationship with anyone other than Mrs300.

Just my thoughts…

5 Likes

I love a bit of sexting but it’s definitely 100% cheating :unamused:

1 Like

In my relationship at the moment, no it wouldn’t be. But that is because I’m in a non-monogamous relationship that we’ve built around what we each need.

Generally for me though, the act is less important than the intention

2 Likes

For me and my OH we are in a closed relationship, yes sexting with someone else would be cheating. If we where to look at opening the relationship in any way we would have to discuss what would class as cheating.

1 Like

I would suggest it is cheating unless your partner knows about it.

2 Likes

Very simple answer YES !

2 Likes

Oh come on, of course its cheating if your partner doesn’t know.

1 Like

Yes it is. When I was with my ex I shut any attempts made to get me to engage down.

Currently sexting with a potential new interest. Loving it x

8 Likes

They’re a lucky individual :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy: enjoy :wink:

1 Like

Yup. Cheating. Same as flirting in person in my view.

Errr yes

1 Like