IT help

Hey @Male53!

To get the link with text, you need to use the hyperlink. When you open the text box (to reply), you should see a number of icons above, starting with speech bubble, B (bold, I (italics) etc. The next icon, which looks like two chains linked together is the one to select.

It will pop up with a box that says ‘Insert Hyperlink’. The first box says “insert a URL…” - This is where you post the link to the item on the Lovehoney website (literally just copy and paste the www.lovehoney.co.uk/(whichever item it is). The second box which says “optional title” is where you put whatever you want to come up as the text (which will be highlighted in blue).

You can do the same with forum topics/posts too - clicking the two rings next to a post will automatically copy the link to it which you would put in the “insert URL here” bit in your reply.

You can have a practice with it in The Sandbox which is specifically for trying formatting stuff out. And I’m sure @Ian_Chimp has put a much simpler explanation of how to hyperlink in there too! :blush:

Any questions feel free to ask as I’m sure I haven’t explained that very well! It sounds a lot more complicated than it is. Once you’ve done it a few times it’s a breeze :blush:

Also, top tip for the tester posts, if Brenna has already linked it, then simply copy and pasting that text will copy and paste the hyperlink too so much easier :blush: I’ll pop an example in The Sandbox for you to try out…

4 Likes