Just when things are getting back on track

Hi all, as many of you know my years not been the best and things had taken a fantastic turn for the best ! Life has a way of kicking you when you least expect it !

Well here goes , I was unfortunate enough to be admitted to my local hospital approx 2 1/2 weeks ago over night with X-rays and CT scans realised the day after, I have had follows since with nothing glaringly obviously wrong appearance wise and pain wise, this week has been one the most hardest weeks I have faced and determined to beat and overcome, I had to see a consultant who has informed me that I have a Tumour on one of my kidneys the reality of the situation dawned when I was handed a book by the nurse on living / beating kidney cancer a hard thing to take and absorb in a extremely short time period( not anyones fault or blaming anyone) just then to put it into practical terms kids family brothers sisters in laws closest friends gaining the strength to repeat one of the hardest things I have ever had to do even this is even writing this is upsetting me, but as you know it will not beat me, the plan going forward is to have it removed and come back stronger however long it takes, having lost so many dearest people to Cancer I am determined it will not get, I have my family to give me the support I need if required and can deal with time off work if need be, also I am happy if I can not return to work for what ever reason , I have a back plan , my appointment with the senior surgeon on Wednesday to go through in more detail the operation and procedure! I have been told the timing will be all completed by Christmas !

So so sorry for the long intro to the topic and I know the forum members who know me well ! Know I am not looking for sympathy I wanted to let you know if I am not around when I normally posting adding comments you understand why it’s not like me !

Stay safe all of you and look after those you love and love you ! Sorry for such a selfish post just needed to get it out there !:kissing_heart:

17 Likes

So sorry to hear that @Gazza_64, i sincerely wish you a full recovery, as you are well aware, we are here for any support we can give.

3 Likes

Not a selfish post at all @Gazza_64

Like @WillC says we are here for any support we can give. I was only saying yesterday that you hadn’t been on the forum much lately.

Sending you hugs and wishing you a full recovery…take your time and thank you for letting us know @Gazza_64

:kissing_smiling_eyes::kissing_smiling_eyes::kissing_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear the news :pensive: but you have great positivity which will drive you through it and come out the other end even stronger having beaten it.

Sending best wishes , hugs and full virtual support for the next stages :hugs::muscle:

2 Likes

Good luck with the fight @Gazza_64, stay positive if you can it will help. I’m sure everyone on here will be wishing you the best and routing for you to beat that dreaded big C!
Keep us updated and we’ll support you all the way!

2 Likes

So sorry to hear this @Gazza_64!

Sending hugs and support. You’ll be in my (and I’m sure others) thoughts and pop on as and when you can, we’ll do our best to make you smile :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Aww @Gazza_64 I’m so sorry to hear this :face_holding_back_tears:

My mum was diagnosed with breast cancer a few months before Christmas last year. The consultants were great and she had the op before Christmas so still managed to enjoy everything. I’m sure they’ll manage to do the same for you.

I’m sending you my bestest wishes, stay strong, you got this :blue_heart::muscle:t2:

5 Likes

We love you @Gazza_64 and are here to support in any way possible. Sending so many positive messages your way.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that @Gazza_64. Sending you a big virtual hug. We’re here if you want to talk. Best wishes and stay positive :two_hearts: :people_hugging:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that @Gazza_64
Stay strong :muscle:
Keep in touch on here, even if we can keep your spirits up.

2 Likes

I had some time off here as I was also in and out of hospital, but my message is to keep reading and posting on here as it is keeping me sane and taking my mind off things.

4 Likes

@Gazza_64, sorry to hear your news, wishing you all the best. When life gives you lemons…

2 Likes

I don’t regard this as a ‘selfish post’ at all just like all the other wonderful people :arrow_up: :heart:
I’ve just started to feel more myself as my health went downhill and although my head was in the right place to get back to work my body and more painfully my inflamed kidney and body certainly wasn’t ready!
It’s been an extremely frustrating time :cry:
Please keep posting updates and bring in all the sources you can to get through this blip.
You aren’t alone! :heart_hands:x

4 Likes

Many thanks to you all it’s overwhelming to read all of your positive comments of support and encouragement it means a lot as you know, I am sure that I am not the only one in this type of situation and even more so from the past 2 years mentally I am ready to do this I know it is going to be thought but everything I have learnt in my time on this planet is do not give while I have fight then it’s a fight I will have ! Many thanks again to you all and bless you all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Bless you too @Gazza_64

You keep positive and you keep that fighting spirit.

We’re all here if you need a distraction.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

5 Likes

@Gazza_64 you already know I adore you. Even more so for you sharing this.
No hiding, no BS, no bravado just you!
You got this.
Keep safe and vent as needed my friend :heart:

3 Likes

Wishing you the very best in your treatment and dealing with such a worrying health issue.

2 Likes

All the very best for your treatment and recovery and best wishes to those who love and will support you through this.

2 Likes

Stay strong :muscle: :muscle::muscle: @Gazza_64
Sure you can beat this, staying positive is key.
Us lot are always here if you want to check in now and again and gain some support or get things off ya chest. Take you a few days more yet to come to terms with the shock news but sure your family will be there to help you.

All the best for the op :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Your positive attitude is inspiring, I’m sure I’d not be the only one that would have a pity party for myself but you’re ready for a brawl! Love that!

:black_heart:

2 Likes