Keeping Lint At Bay

One of my butt plugs seems to be a freakin' magnet for lint. Any tips on keeping it lint free? Tired of each time it comes out to be used, it then needs to be rinsed off again. Real moment killer..

Whether there's lint or not you should really give it a wash pre use anyhow.
What do you store it in?

In a dust bag. I do before use, with a toy spray but it just seems to move the lint around, rather than remove it.

If you find a way, let us know! There are just some plastic and silicone toys which just do this every chance these get. I've used various bags before including food storage bags, yet as soon as they're out for even a moment they seem to almost grow a fur coat.

That's exactly it, Lady Ness. It's like, I blink and it's covered.

I wonder if it's worth trying an antistatic spray prior to storage?

I had one that kept doing that and I just ended up retiring it because 1. it never looked or felt clean despite my constant spritizing and rinsing, 2. it wasn't my favorite anyway and 3. I guess at the end of the day I am a bit lazy.

But have you thought about a used dryer sheet? I dont think I would want an unsed one in the bag with it due to chamical absortion... but just a random thought here.

antistatic spray, even a trace internally, might be irrirating if absorbed in the materials.

I think the only way to keep the lint at bay is to keep the toy in a dust and lint free wipe clean box or bag

I keep all my toys in separate storage bags. The storage bags get washed in the machine at 40°C before they are introduced to the toys (FYI: the Lovehoney heart on their own bags come off at this cycle). Toys are always airdried, but in between the layers of a clean (cotton) towel. Don't usually have problems with lint. But then again, 99% of our toys are silicone, glass, metal, leather, ceramic... and waterproof too.

Silly question, but are you washing the lint out of your bag regularly? Are you keeping the area the toy is stored in lint free, e.g. hoovering under your bed?

I wash all toys prior to use anyway so never see the odd bit of fluff as a problem. Could be you'll just need to accept the maintainence that comes with a lint attracting toy, maybe plan ahead a little and have it rinsed and ready before you get started. We have a few lint attractors, we've found storing them in satin storage bags (that don't prooduct their own fluff) then placing them inside a box under the bed keeps them lint free. Still rinse them though! :p

I keep mine in resealable sandwich bags which seems to help.

Plastic box? or even cardboard with a good lid though not air tight

Have you tried dusting your toy with renewer powder? Even thought it's designed for 'real feel' toys, it's great for removing the tackiness from silicone, plastic and a multiude of other materials. I use it on almost all my toys. 

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Have you tried dusting your toy with renewer powder? Even thought it's designed for 'real feel' toys, it's great for removing the tackiness from silicone, plastic and a multiude of other materials. I use it on almost all my toys.

Will have to try this, sounds like a good solution, I have a few silicone toys that attract every bit of lint as soon as they're removed from storage!

Hi Jess I washed my vixen mustang yesterday's it's now sticky I have fleshlight renewer powder, I'm guessing I could use this on my mustang ? x

Couple looking to spice things up wrote:

Hi Jess I washed my vixen mustang yesterday's it's now sticky I have fleshlight renewer powder, I'm guessing I could use this on my mustang ? x

100% ^^

Vixen is definitely a toy to always use renewer powder with and the Fleshlight stuff is exactly the same as the Lovehoney stuff :) 

Lycan_Tams, is that by any chance a Fun Factory butt plug? Their silicone is the worst I know - the Stronic Eins would need a clean room to use it in (clean room as in the places where they build computer chips). I keep it clean enough to use by wrapping it in a paper towel before putting it in a toy bag - the combination seems to work reasonably well. And that I "just" need to make sure it doesn't touch anything between unpacking and inserting it...

I wonder whether silk sheets would help (they shouldn't shed, should they?)? Or I could try dusting and hovering more often...

(Nope, I don't wash toys before use - just like I don't wash my cutlery before use. Unless it's been unused for ages and I think it needs it when I look at it.)

All toys bar 2 are in their own bags. I don't keep them under my bed - they're in a drawer at the side of my bed. But my room is hoovered regularly (including under my bed)

Yes, I have washed the storage bag. I ALWAYS air dry my toys. I'm a newbie to the forum, but not to cleaning/storing toys.

It's just this one toy that seems to be a huge lint magnet. I think it's curse of the material.

Haven't tried the powder - might give that a go then, as I do like this plug, but the constant battle with lint is driving me bananas.

Cannot remember the brand name, but it's rubber. Very tacky feeling rubber. I've only to blink and that sucker is covered.

Thanks for the suggestions - perhaps the powder might be the way forward. Failing that, a new plug.

Thanks Jess I'll sprinkle the mustang x

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Okay, stupid question, after I looked up the renewer powder in the Fleshlight care kit: It's 100% cornstarch. So is there any reason to buy renewer powder, instead of "stealing" a bit of Maizena from the kitchen?

At least in theory, or for butt plugs. Frankly, I wouldn't want cornstarch in my vagina any more than glycerin-containing lube - I'd rather have my Goodfella be tacky...