Kegel balls: Tracey Cox vs Lelo - which ones should I get?

Hi everyone, I'm about to buy my first set of kegel balls and I'm trying to choose between the Tracey Cox ones and the Lelo ones: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31067&reviewpage=1#customer_reviews http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=12689 Which ones would you recommend or are there other ones that you think are better than both of these? I'm under 30 and have never had children, but I've never used kegel balls before.

Never used the Tracy Cox ones, but the Lelo ones are amazing! My vote is Lelo! :)

Hello,

well, both have good reviews, but since you are under 30 without childern, I think the Lelo ones are going to be better option here. The Tracey Cox are larger and they will be potentially too big for you and not giving enough workout. I heard women without kids saying that they do not even have to try to keep them in, since they are so large.

I would suggest the Lelo ones. I have both the older Luna, which you linked and the Mini. Personally in your situation, I would suggest the Mini, as they will present more challenge for you. but entirely up to you.

I got the Lelo Noir ones and they are great! My vote goes to Lelo.As Laveila said,if you have no children,you need more of a challenge and the Lelo ones are smaller.

I have the Tracey Cox ones and they are good but reasonably large ( I'm well over 30 and have had three kids! ) As you're young and no children I don't think you'd get as much benefit from them as you would something smaller. I agree that the Lelo would be more suitable and I've just looked at the Mini , they are probably your best bet being smaller.

Those are the large Lunas. Start with the minis or Noir. If they're right for you, you're all set (at least until you decide you want more of a challenge ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)). But if you can't wear those for more than a couple of hours before your muscles tire, then set them aside for a couple of months and get the large Lunas or the TCs until your muscles are toned enough to use the smaller ones comfortably.

Basically, start in the middle and then adjust. You can always work your way up to 'intermediates' (if they're too much to start with) but if you're already beyond ones labeled 'beginner', you won't have much use for them except maybe after child birth.

I have luna beads. Sometimes they seem to push themselves out even if I have only had them in a short while. I can keep a blue single in for a couple of hours. But sometimes it pushes out after 10 or 20 mins. Other times after an hour and a half. Does anyone have an idea what is happening please?

I own a set of Tracey Cox Supersex Kegel Balls, and I think they're a little big to be honest. I'd echo Laviela here, go for the Lelo.

I own the Lelo ones and think they are great.

Lelo seems to be coming out on top here so I'm going to go for Lelo noir since a lot of Lelo mini reviews say that the noise is a problem. Thanks so much for your advice everyone!

Great choice! I have Lelo Noir and I really like them, very high quality and they feel good.

Slightly late with my reply but I have both the Lelo Noir and the TC ones. Whilst I am a little over 30 I have not had children and I do find that the Lelo Noir give me a better work out then the TC.

Theres nothing wrong with the TC ones just they are too big to effectively give me a proper workout down there, whilst the noir ones are nice and compact so my muscles have to work more.

The TC ones I would say are better suited as starters and more helpful to those with not much control of their muscles/ post children / bladder issues.

With the Noir you can use them as just one to start with and then use them both together in the silicone holder. I think you would find this the bestter route to start and then work your way onto the minis.

I have the Fun Factory Smartballs (not available from LH) and the Lelo Noir ones. The FF balls are very light and quite large and wearing them doesn't feel like much of a pelvic floor excercise (not surprising, considering I don't have any children), the Lelo Noir balls are better (smaller and a bit heavier), the only thing that makes me slightly worried is the removal cord - I haven't been able to find out what material it is, therefore I am a bit unsure whether it can actually be cleaned sufficiently.

I have the TC ones and find the double balls are a bit too big to fit comfortably inside. The single one is very good though. I'm 34 with one child, so find that single balls or smaller ones are much better for me x

I have them both, and I'm for Lelo :)

Briona87 wrote:

I have the Fun Factory Smartballs (not available from LH) and the Lelo Noir ones. The FF balls are very light and quite large and wearing them doesn't feel like much of a pelvic floor excercise (not surprising, considering I don't have any children), the Lelo Noir balls are better (smaller and a bit heavier), the only thing that makes me slightly worried is the removal cord - I haven't been able to find out what material it is, therefore I am a bit unsure whether it can actually be cleaned sufficiently.

+1. I recently got the TC ones but I haven't had kids and I whilst they feel great in, I don't find them much of a challenge. I'm now looking into buying some heavier ones, but am also concerned about the removal cord- is it made of string on the Lelo balls? The TC ones are silicone, which is surely easier to keep clean...

I have both and would agree with Rosehip. The general rule is to go smaller if you have no kids and are younger, but I have had two children and I am the other side of 30 and the Tracey Cox one was no challenge for me. It stayed inside with no effort on my part. The Tracey Cox ones, I would describe as pleasure toner balls, in that it is big enough that you can feel it when you squeeze lightly around it and I could personally feel it nudging at my g-spot when I moved. Not orgasmic, but it provides sensation. The smaller beads (like the Lelo) are smaller and a little heavier depending on which set you get (and how toned you are) and are what I would describe as kegal training beads. They are designed more for work out than sensation.

The Luna Beads are smaller than the Tracey Cox and I have only tried my Lelo set once, so can't be completely accurate when I say that I found them to be beginners still. I did not have to keep consciously squeezing to hold them in. They stayed inside me with relative ease, to the point I forgot I had them in (until I went for a pee). I guess I would say they are the beginner size for the average woman. The Lelo Noir Beads I do not own....but the smaller you go, the more workout required to hold them in and the more "advanced" they are. Going too small is pointless. You won't feel them and they will keep falling out (I own a few sets that are a little bigger than marbles and made of metal. These are the ones I describe not feeling and falling out)

So yeah, I guess it's about finding your ideal size. All women are unique down there and what works for one, might not work for another. I would definitely recommend starting with the Lelo beads as opposed to the Traey Cox, if your interest is more in toning. Remember, if they don't suit, Lovehoney have a great returns policy and you could essentially switch for the smaller Lelo Noir beads, or others.

Curious... are the Tracy Cox ones really that bad? I've been looking forward to getting them with my OH points next month.

No, the Tracey Cox ones are not bad, they're very good but what sort of kegel balls you get all depends on whether you've had kids, your age, if your pelvic floor is already quite toned etc.
If you are young and have not had kids the TC ones might be a bit big.

According to the reviewer Dangerous Lilly the Luna Bead's chord is made out of nylon.

I haven't had the pleasure of trying the Tracy Cox ones but I have tried the Lelo ones and I love them, so my vote goes with the Lelo Luna Beads. Good choice ;)