Kinks explained

Have you ever come across a kink that you couldn't understand but would like to understand? Wouldn't it be nice if there was a general thread where you could ask people who are into the kink why they like it? Well look no further, just drop your questions about kinks you don't understand here and maybe you'll get some answers :-) Please keep in mind though that this thread is NOT meant as a place for kink shaming. Different strokes for different folks y'all, be nice!

So to start this thread I'd really like to know what the appeal of crotchless underwear is. To me wearing them just seems a bit pointless; why wear pretty underwear when it has a hole in it that leaves nothing to the imagination? Is it perhaps a way of going commando without having to commit? Please do enlighten me, lovers of the crotchless style :-)

agree about the underware thing!

mine was my oh obsession with watching, voyeurism is something i looked into and spoke to male friends about, now i rhink i get it a bit more and quite like being on the watched end

I think crotchless underwear can be useful if you're wearing your knickers under stockings and suspenders, so you don't have to take any of it off and struggle with wriggling out of anything... Not sure about the actual kink though, I prefer normal knickers with a crotch personally.

Great thread idea! I have a lot I don't understand, but would like to. I'm sure I'm not the only one!

Can anyone explain to me Necrophilia?

I love crotchless underwear. You can choose to either show or conceal in a game of tease, or your partner can force you to show when you don't want to during power play. It's a turn on for my hubby to know I'm exposed down there at times I probably shouldn't be.

Then there's the fact that you don't have to strip off when you want to play (which is a bonus for me as I like to have certain areas of my body concealed) and there's no gussett to get in the way of things like there is with regular knickers. They're also good for those times when going commando isn't really appropriate. You can still get the feeling of not having any knickers on even though you do :)

Great thread! I have loads of questions to put on here!

I find crotchless underwear a huge turn on and also very practical (for sex, not for the toilet). And so does my husband.

I dare going commando (and I do sometimes), so for me it is not about that at all. For example, if I were to use the toilet while waring crotchless, I would still pull them down like any regular ones.

The way I see it, it is exactly the opposite of “not leaving anything to the imagination”. Let’s start by saying that by the time someone discovers that you indeed have crotchless knickers on instead of regular ones, you are way beyond the point of leaving anything to imagination anyways. They can only discover this by touching you there or facing your vagina with your legs apart and lights on, lol (as usually the crotchless undies are cut only “down there” and not exactly apparent with your legs crossed). Anyway, I think it does leave a lot to imagination, as you basically cover a good deal of your vagina/bum without the need to uncover it for sex.

My second point is that I like to use lingerie to hide my body, and what I hate most is my belly, so a good piece of underwear will make me feel more confident allowing me to hide the bits even when things get “serious”. I kind of consider them an accessory of my underparts, rather than clothing.

For me it’s about being “properly”/elegantly/intriguingly dressed, but “accessible” or “ready” if you will. We are daring and adventurous with public sex and these undies (combined with a skirt usually) help with such situations. You feel dressed ("decent"), but kinky.

I would also guess it gives the other person the idea of you being more adventurous, and I think it allows you to flash easier if that’s your thing (it’s not really ours).

Hope this explains it, but feel free to ask additional questions if you wish.

I do have crotchless knickers purely for easy access really, i prefer to wear hubby's boxers! Me and hubby are into all sorts of kinks but I can't fathom necrophilia at all so would be interested to hear the point of view of those that enjoy/participate in it

Could somebody please explain what exactly makes the so called "watersports" enjoyable? Thank you!

Glad to see the thread catching on :)!

@OUCH! & @era: So OUCH! you said 'you can choose to either show or conceil' and era you said 'usually the crotchless undies are cut only “down there” and not exactly apparent with your legs crossed' which makes me wonder about the shape of the opening. You see, from what I've seen here on Lovehoney I was convinced that the opening of most of the panties stood open, like an 'O', but from what I understand from your stories is most of them have actually more of a slit like a 'I'? Or is that incorrect :)?

Hands All Over wrote:

@OUCH! & @era: So OUCH! you said 'you can choose to either show or conceil' and era you said 'usually the crotchless undies are cut only “down there” and not exactly apparent with your legs crossed' which makes me wonder about the shape of the opening. You see, from what I've seen here on Lovehoney I was convinced that the opening of most of the panties stood open, like an 'O', but from what I understand from your stories is most of them have actually more of a slit like a 'I'? Or is that incorrect :)?

You are correct. I think most of them (at least mine) have just an 'I' type of cut. Some might be cut also in the front or further up on your bum, but still only a straight cut really. But yes, Lovehoney does have some own branded ones that seem to be having O-cuts in useless places :). Those are like so only for design though, I would think. I compare these cuts to the cage briefs: just aesthetics really.

Hands All Over wrote:

They can be either or. Well, not an 'O'. More of a 'U'. I have two pairs on my desk right now and one is a slit so is pretty discreet, while the other has an upside down, horse shoe shaped opening at the front so there's permanently something on show.

era wrote:

You are correct. I think most of them (at least mine) have just an 'I' type of cut. Some might be cut also in the front or further up on your bum, but still only a straight cut really. But yes, Lovehoney does have some own branded ones that seem to be having O-cuts in useless places :). Those are like so only for design though, I would think. I compare these cuts to the cage briefs: just aesthetics really.

OUCH! Thank you ;) wrote:

They can be either or. Well, not an 'O'. More of a 'U'. I have two pairs on my desk right now and one is a slit so is pretty discreet, while the other has an upside down, horse shoe shaped opening at the front so there's permanently something on show.

Hmm, very interesting! I must say that reading your stories and learning that there are also some more discreet options available does make me reconsider the value of crotchless panties. Are there any discreet 'I' types that you would recommend for first-time crotchless wearers, in case I or anyone else who's new to it decides to take the plunge :)?

I don't think anyone will be explaining necrophilia to us! A friend of ours used to wear a t shirt that said, "Is it still necrophilia if they are still warm!"

I don't get scatting/watersports/vomiting.

Hands All Over wrote:

Hmm, very interesting! I must say that reading your stories and learning that there are also some more discreet options available does make me reconsider the value of crotchless panties. Are there any discreet 'I' types that you would recommend for first-time crotchless wearers, in case I or anyone else who's new to it decides to take the plunge :)?

Have a browse through the Lovehoney range. The ones I have are all lovely and you can kinda see in the pics which are slits and which are shaped.

@era: watersports aren't my area but I know people who take part and this is a lot down to feeling degraded. Having someone urinate on you to make you feel worthless and/or less important or making someone else do this. This is also done in areas of the animal kingdom to show dominance. The position can be down to preference, some like it over their body but others want to catch it in their mouth. This feeling can be exciting to people or just satisfying.

Others may be able to chip in with what they get out of it but often those partaking in watersports keep it very quiet because even amongs kinks it is frowned upon by a significant number.

Shadow Collector wrote:

Great thread idea! I have a lot I don't understand, but would like to. I'm sure I'm not the only one!

Can anyone explain to me Necrophilia?

Probably best that no one does, what with it being illegal and all!

Sum Sub, I wasn't meaning to condone it and I apologise if I gave that impression. I simply wanted to understand it. I do not condone any illegal activity.

BigBouncyBunny wrote:

I don't think anyone will be explaining necrophilia to us! A friend of ours used to wear a t shirt that said, "Is it still necrophilia if they are still warm!"

I don't get scatting/watersports/vomiting.

with you on those!

bunual wrote:

@era: watersports aren't my area but I know people who take part and this is a lot down to feeling degraded. Having someone urinate on you to make you feel worthless and/or less important or making someone else do this. This is also done in areas of the animal kingdom to show dominance. The position can be down to preference, some like it over their body but others want to catch it in their mouth. This feeling can be exciting to people or just satisfying.

Others may be able to chip in with what they get out of it but often those partaking in watersports keep it very quiet because even amongs kinks it is frowned upon by a significant number.

Thank you. I get the part of degradation, but there are lots of ways to achieve that I suppose. So what I don’t get is why do you have to involve urine (or faeces for that matter)? It must add something else to the experience. I know lots of people have been discussing it with very positive attitudes on other threads recently and I did lurk around, but did not feel like intervening on those with my questions as it might have come off as judging and that is not really my intention. If someone from those practicing it could just explain better on here, would be greatly appreciated.