KY Jelly new formula

I've been using KY Jelly for many years with no problem but they have recently changed the formula.

Now I find the lubrication isn't as good and it sometimes gives a very light burning sensation which we never got before. Anyone else notice this? Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement?

I liked all the properties of the original formula: Water based, non staining, gel like... The alternatives I’ve tried in the past have been far too runny for my liking.

Dam word messing up my post.

I've been using KY Jelly for many years with no problem but they have recently changed the formula.

Now I find the lubrication isn't as good and it sometimes gives a very light burning sensation which we never got before. Anyone else notice this? Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement?

I liked all the properties of the original formula: Water based, non staining, gel like... The alternatives I’ve tried in the past have been far too runny for my liking.

You might find the results of the search function useful:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/search/?q=lube+advice&s=all

I understand that some people can have allergic reactions, and some people prefer silicone lubricants, but personally I wouldn't be without Liquid Silk for everything! It's water based, non-staining, lasts ages, and has almost no smell and taste.

I would 100% reccomend Liquid Silk its fab.

also sliquid is amazing too xxxx

Liquid silk, liquid silk!

And the debate goes on...

lol the famous liquid silk Vs sliquid again hahaha

The never ending story, would only find one alternative inthe National Health Service,where one size fits all !!.

TB

Saves running out maybe!!!

TB

i have noticed the new ky formula isnt as good as the old, not as thick formula, i ordered the 113ml tube from lovehoney, hoping it is the old formula, not opened yet to though, got plenty more different lubes to try out hehe liquid silk, ky sensual silk, ky vaginal moisturiser silk E, both liquid form but feel nice but taking care not to flood the area of use if know what i mean. i enjoy the id lube millenium and ky intrigue but these are silicone lunes but enjoyable.

try astroglide thicker formula gel, a purple tube its just like the old ky formula available here at love honey, i shall not be purchasing any more of the new formula ky.

hope this helps.

I've never used KY, always seems a bit too clinical for me. The standard toothpaste (ish) style tubes are a right pain too. Some of their newer products look ok though.

Hiya, has anyone stuck with the same lubricant, commercial is my line of thought here, for a long time.?? I like the thicker ones, easier to lube up Mega Three Bangs for example with all it's nooks and crannies!!!

CheersTB

We have used the Durex Play Massage 2 in 1 Lubricant now since the start of our relationship and it's brilliant for us. Although not much massaging gets done We've tried the others such as tingle, heat, etc. KY Jelly wasn't too bad but as Jake said the toothpaste style tubes are a bit silly.

Thanks Paul, could l ask why you are both seemingly fixated with the contents of your nostrils in your photo !!!

TB

Don't ask TB, if I'm honest we both struggle to remember anything from that night lol At the time (at work) that was the only photo I had on the computer. I do plan on changing it though, in fact you've reminded me. Might hunt one out now!

Ah the irresistible effects of incohol, l see, now all becomes clear - nuff said.

TB

I've used Astroglide water based formula with the purple bottle/label, and I found that it gets really sticky and tacky after a relatively short time.

I've used Durex Play 2in1 Massage lubricant which was really excellent, but had a sweetish taste which was intrusive and distracting to me.

ID Millennium is fantastic for all kinds of purposes including shaving, but as it's a silicone lubricant, I can't use it with all my toys. Also it leaves a whitish gunge in my vagina which tends to work its way out of me in clumps over time. I find that a bit off-putting, as you might imagine. :)

I got a tub of Stroke 29 for kvetch recently. He's tried it once and wasn't impressed, but I'm noodging him to keep at it.

To be honest, I've never tried any of the Sliquid range so I can't comment on those. I'm really tempted to get some, just for comparison purposes. I feel concerned that Carly had an allergic reaction to Liquid Silk. I figure that if she can react like that, then there could be something in it which all of us could benefit from avoiding.

Until then, kvetch and I shall continue to enjoy the benefits of Liquid Silk. :)

Thanks Lubyanka, informative as always. My inclinations are to go with silicone based stuff as thicker with greater clingability. The water based ones and the thickening properties they exhibit mean l would have to have a small water filled garden spray ready to hand then !!! Getting low on my supplies at the mo, not least cos Mrs T likes to lube up her plugs before l jump on her bones. I have seen the interestingly named elbow grease advertised, a certain mental picture springs to mind there straight away, and l may give that a try!!!

TB

i have also noticed this check out my reviews

we now use the play by durex

much better

x

I have never rated KY, it always has seemed todry out in seconds, I've used a full tube in a lively session & It's rubbish for toys or hand jobs. I quickly found better lube, even cocoa butter was better (though the missus still prefers anal with body lotion or cocoa butter!)

I agree, personally I've never like KY because I find it too tacky and not slidey enough. Now that may well be why others like it!