Lack Of Gay Representation

Hi @arturpospiech181, welcome to the tribe! :wink:

1 Like

Give it time and I’m sure a few more will say hey :wink:

1 Like

I am about to watch It’s A Sin, maybe our gay members could give their opinion of it from their perspective? Maybe start a topic about the show?

4 Likes

Re. Its A Sin: Just watched the 1st episode. So far, so believable, especially in its portrayal of Mr Coltrane and his partner, with their “nobody asks and we never openly say anything but everybody knows” relationship. I knew gay couples who lived like that in the early 80s: quiet, avowedly “non-scene” guys who thought that social acceptance could be bought by being virtually invisible. They thought they were free, but were really in a prison of their own making, existing forever on sufferance. This drama is set to get a whole lot darker as it goes on, and if anyone knows about these lives and stories, it’s RTD. I’m hooked.

2 Likes

I need to get around to watching it, but a forum started for discussions about portrayals of gay characters/shows would be a great topic to have, to express different opinions and perspectives!!!

2 Likes

New gay just joined :joy:

Any toy recommendations?

2 Likes

@PleasureDrone Its A Sin was brilliant, from what I can tell it very true to what was going on in the gay community and how HIV/Aids was first dealt with! I was shocked by the different way people could die from Aids, I was Born in 73 so I was in my young teens in the 80’s when Aids hit. I was already sleeping with women but didnt start sleeping with men until the early nineties so it was better understood so I was a lot more cautious and always used protection, even though I didn’t sleep around like in Its A Sin, which I knew still was going on to that degree in the 90’s due to the gay friends I had there was always the cloud of HIV hanging over any gay or bisexual men, when I met my now wife the first thing I did was have an STD test, it was negative. We’ve been together now for 26 years so not slept with or been tempted to sleep with a man in all that time.

2 Likes

Im going to watch its a sin.
I’m a single mum of 4 kids, 3 of whom are gay. I’m so glad they were able to be honest and open about their sexuality.
I would hate to think of them a decade or more ago fighting with it and worrying about being judged.
Dont get me wrong obviously they had their battles with themselves I’m sure about coming out but nothing anywhere like years ago.
I dont think my children’s sexuality is any of my business.
I adore my rainbow :rainbow: tribe

9 Likes

We binge watched it when it came out, and really enjoyed it if that’s the right word. Being of an age where we grew up through that period, it brought back the hysteria, ignorance and fear over Aids. Also, the soundtrack was very nostalgic.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome, I’m a gay man, trapped in a Bi mans body living as a straight married man! Pick the bones outta that!

Seriously mind, I am Bi so my reviews might lean towards something your half looking for (Not the rabbits but the anal stuff, and anything that vibrates, not just for you girls :stuck_out_tongue: )

4 Likes

@arturpospiech181
Welcome. It is a very open and respectful forum.

1 Like

Newbie here, and of the homosexual variety too! :rainbow_flag: :eggplant: :peach:

3 Likes

Welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @mikeormick and @scotth725! Just spotted your intros, welcome to the forum, sorry I’m a little late! :smile::wave:

1 Like

Hey man so I’m not gay I’m bi but I definitely don’t shy away from any topic that could be considered gay so ever need someone to say something let me know

1 Like

Hello & welcome. You will find here that acceptance isn’t based on your gender or sexual preference. Just abide by the rules & enjoy the people that make this place a wonderful diverse community unlike any others. You can be yourself here without judgement.

2 Likes

Hi Trine, I always considered myself as a bi, but while I was married I had no real interest in men. My wife passed away 6 years ago and I have been looking at nothing but men, I love looking at cock photos and videos. I have ordered items from LH. I would love to take the first step and meet someone that I can wank off and suck, I have better erections looking at mens cocks than naked women, so am I bi or gay, I know there is a lot more to being gay than looking at mens cocks and naked bodies.

1 Like

Hi @Bootneck, from a fellow widower. My wife passed away 6 years ago too.

Nobody else can definitively tell you, mate - all anyone else can do is offer an opinion based on the information you’ve posted. What you do need to know, though, is something that’s become more and more understood in recent years: that the balance of a person’s sexual preference can meander and shift over time, and the healthiest way to deal with this is just to go with the flow. I wouldn’t get too hung up on trying to work out what fixed pigeonhole you might fit into. Just enjoy being you. In your life, you will be attracted to whoever you’re attracted to at any given time, and you will love whoever you’re going to love. It’s all good. :+1:

FWIW though - and as I said, this is purely an opinion - from what you’ve posted, I’d say that you are bisexual (and no folks, I’m not just saying that cos I am too! :laughing:) and that these days the balance of your bisexuality leans primarily towards men.

It’s pretty simple to work out. If you’d been gay from the get-go, then you’d have had no sexual interest in women at all - or hardly at all - but according to what you’ve said, you used to find women attractive - hell, you fell in love with one and married her, and while you were together, you had little or no interest in men at all. It’s quite common for a bisexual person’s love for their partner to “drown out” whatever attraction they might have for other sexes/genders. You’ve said that you always considered yourself as bi, and I think you were right to do so.

Like I said, don’t get a complex about identity: just enjoy where your sexuality is taking you. If your attraction to men remains as strong as it is now and you find your attraction to women has withered to nothing, to the point where you feel most comfortable identifying as gay, then go ahead: there’s nothing to stop you. It’s your life! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I think I meant it as a tongue in cheek, not butt cheeks :joy:, and many years ago I had many gay friends and would go to gay clubs with them, about 10-15yrs before I got married and my mate would say to people “He’s with me and he’s straight” and I would never get bothered in a sexual way.
I’m not bothered about ‘Labels’, I have the same label as everyone else on the planet ‘Human being’ so whatever colour, religion, sex they are I’m the same as them.

I enjoyed your comments, thank you.