Ladies masturbating? Why is it not as common as men?

Hey dudes. This may be the wrong group to ask this as it’s obviously a gang of happy openly sexual people! I’m a happily married man, my wife has never played with herself. We are in our 30s. She is shy when I mention the subject. From my experience in life practically all of my male mates have done since very early days n it’s something that rarely shy to admit, chat n laugh about. Women are very different. I have very close female friends that have told me they do but so many of there friends don’t n see it as something not right. A clitoris n vagina has so many better ways to enjoy it than with a penis. Why is the mindset still do different in this day and age?

11 Likes

Because girls are brought up to believe that nice girls don’t do that. It’s rarely, if ever discussed. It’s almost expected of boys but not girls. So annoying. We still need to have open and frank discussions about it and how it’s normal.

5 Likes

In my circle of friends which is mixed with both men and woman we regularly talk about crude stuff and most admit to pleasuring them selfs. I get many years ago a lot of woman was uncomfortable talking openly about sex but a lot has changed from then. I think more common so now that a lot more woman openly admit about owning sex toys more then men do.

6 Likes

Because we were raised to believe that we weren’t supposed to get pleasure out of our own bodies. Young girls are growing up believing their first time being penetrated, they’re supposed to be in pain and bleed (which is literally such a lie).

So no, it’s not that it’s not as common, it’s because society and the patriarchy deems that we’re not supposed to use our own bodies for our pleasure. And that we should only do these things for the benefit and entertainment of men.

7 Likes

When I was growing up in the 1970s nobody of either sex would discuss or admit to doing. I always thought it must be a lot easier for girls to indulge in secretly but my wife says she gets no pleasure from solo activity.

1 Like

As a girl, woman , wife and mother
Sometimes the stressed of life you just stop you feeling horny enough to want to pleasure yourself
Or the time have enough energy to
Unlike boys and men just feel the need to pleasure themselves or get pleasure

It’s only recently after our last children left home to start they new adventure in life, that I/we have more time to ourselves for pleasure

Hubby had told me for years that I should masturbatie to help with life stress as chemicals in the brain and body are released that make you relax but I didn’t believe him
I just thought that Ihe was being perverted
But it’s only now that I believe him when masturbating ever solo or together,I feel so relaxed after
I would prefer to masturbatie together as I feel more pleasure watching him pleasure himself plus it’s a big turn on for me and him these days

11 Likes

I sense it’s less openly talked about amongst women yet I bet you’ll find just as many do masturbate frequently than it’s realised :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I love a cheeky w*nk! Settles me down nicely for sleep if sex isn’t on the cards.

6 Likes

Basically, because women don’t like sex as much as men do …
It’s down to biology, and always was thus

1 Like

Who says woman don’t like sex as much as men?

7 Likes

I do . It’s a fact. edited by mod
Biologically, women can get pregnant roughly once a year . Men can impregnate 100’s of women in the same time . That’s why women’s lives are valued more .
I hope this does not come across as “anti woman” , because I love women . I just think we need to be honest about the biological power that Mother nature has given women

1 Like

I met many women during the…era. It was not really heard of for ladies to be talking sex not the same as Men did. During the late…and early…Men did talk about Masturbation, but it was mainly in relation to certain pop stars/Actors at that time such as … girls would only say such things such as “He is hot, he is cute” Ect. That is all you would hear.

During the…Period I met women who worked in a certain environment which I worked in, where women were on par with Men when discussing sex and Masturbation, in fact I was shocked at some of them purely because women at that time were no longer going to be “Held back” “Ashamed” “Embarrassed” The did not give a feck no longer. They were not “Loose women” They just had an understanding of life and who they were.

Today, Women are a lot more forward however many are not, Some women are still wanting to meet the right person, some Men are as well.

I blanked out the ages earlier in this, but I think those of you who know me can probably guess.

3 Likes

I say this in the kindest possible way, but I believe this might be absolute bollocks. :slightly_smiling_face: Though it is quite thought-provoking in its own way. I did not realise this forum was accessible from the 17th century. :slightly_smiling_face:

22 Likes

Nuff said! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beers:

2 Likes

I missed that comment probably best I did.

3 Likes

@Ian_Chimp You did retort a bit better than me much respect to you for that :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

It’s a well known fact that most women go off sex after marriage. Who can blame them ? Running a home and having children means that sex becomes a chore .
This forum is not representative, because the women here are in the minority ( and have very lucky partners)
So it’s not “Bollocks” , its a fact .
Ask around if you don’t believe me

1 Like

I run a home and raise children and I, as yet, have not felt sex to be a chore. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m afraid simply stating your opinions as facts does not make them so. Lots of people, regardless of gender, can have ebbs and flows in their libido for a variety of reasons. I would suggest that asserting this is somehow linked to having procured financial or property rights is an incredibly short-sighted, out-of-date and misrepresentative viewpoint, and an explanation that is ultimately unhelpful for anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation.

13 Likes

You clearly have a lucky partner, andI hope they appreciate you .
What I say is a fact tho ( If it was an opinion ,I would say so) ask around if you don’t believe me .
I’ll stop the conversation now tho , because I don’t want to hijack a thread and break LH rules
Enjoy the rest of the day

Honestly your so called fact is so wrong, maybe it was correct more then 30 years ago but not today. Woman of all ages can enjoy sex as much as men do.
I enjoy having sex with my partner just as much as he enjoys it but there is a difference, he would have it 7 days a week. I couldn’t due to being a mother, working and taking care of our home. I’m not saying he doesn’t pull his weight because he does but not to the same responsibilities I have. That doesn’t mean he enjoys sex more then me though.

3 Likes