Lets talk about lube and what do you prefer?

Hey its been a while since I was last on here, hope you’re all well. So for about 3 years now ive been using LH enjoy lube for masterbation and with sex toys, ive found after 10 minutes or so it becomes dry and tacky and I need to apply more and I felt like I needed to wash it off because of the tackiness. So now its time to switch to a different one, I went for the liquid silk lube https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=7163 which should arrive tomorrow. Im hoping 1 or 2 pumps will last about 30 minutes instead of applying more and more.

So what’s your favourite lube to use? Do you have 2 or 3 different ones for different use cases?

Im hoping the liquid silk lube is a good one for lasting long and non tacky because I brought enough for 6 moths lol.

1 Like

I like Liquid Silk and generally prefer the “silk” type of lube anyway (currently my go to is the Lovehoney Delight) As it is a hybrid is will last longer than the standard water based lubes but will still go tacky eventually (ultimately it is still water based and so are we!)

If you don’t want to keep reapplying water based lubes, you can reactivate them with a few drops of water (saliva will also do it).

4 Likes

I was looking at the LH delight as well but there was a few people that says it still drys out and goes tacky but not as much as other lubes. The liquid silk had much better reviews. I never thought about adding a few drops of water or saliva to reactivate it, I shall give that a go next time.

Liquid silk is now my go-to lube now. I used to use Lubido but I think it got discontinued here!

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think ive seen or heard of lubido on here before. Im glad your enjoying the liquid silk, it give me hope that I will to, which I’m sure I will.

I know it’s not the done thing but we always go back to KY. We have tried a few others from durex and the LH Silk but Mrs definitely prefers old reliable…

We tend to stick to Durex , more for it being known to us. We’ve tried their naturals lube lately and is up at the top of the list for us. It doesn’t dry out easily and doesn’t cause irritations for sensitivity. The only thing is you can use it fairly quickly, they are not the biggest bottles and neither are they the cheapest.
+1 for @Calie comment, any natural water you can get your hands on revives most water based lubes to go the distance!

I feel like with anything smaller than 250ml I would have to have bottles of the stuff. Plus I like to have a pump bottle for ease of use which Durex and KY dont seem to have.

Both myself and my partner have tried many lubes and often find them to go tacky after a short while resulting in endless re applications and sticky messes. After looking at the reviews on LH we settled on the ‘Lovehoney Discover Water-Based Anal Lubricant’ and honestly its great, a little really goes a long way.

Also if it is not your cup of tea then don’t let the fact it is a ‘anal’ targeted product as the bottle simply reads discover; the thicker consistancy just results in longer use from our experience. Link below if interested :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use toys 99% of the time so id prefer to stick with water based.

I’ll give some feed back on how Im getting on with the liquid silk once it arrives, hopefully tomorrow.

Water-based for me. I quite like the Lovehoney Enjoy Lube, but prefer the Liquid Silk one - mainly because it’s classed as a “cum play” lube. It doesn’t go sticky/tacky on your hands. However, it still goes a bit dry depending on how long you use it in a session.

1 Like

Pretty much use ID Glide all the time. Found it to be a good viscosity and an absolute pleasure to use with toys.

For hands on masturbation Lovehoney’s Release Masturbation Lubricant is pretty good: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25006

Just another quick question, does water base lube or some brands of lubes have a shelf life or use by? I’m pretty sure they don’t but thought id ask. Because I buy a hand full of bottles at a time the last bottle could be sitting In my draw for 6-12 months.

Yes they do. I’ve just checked some of mine (mix of brands) and most have an open tub/pot symbol with 12m in the middle (like you get on cosmetics and toiletries and the like). I even have a lube that has a best before date.

No idea what happens if you use a lube that’s been open more than a year. I’m fairly sure I have used old lube and I am fairly sure I’m still alive but I’m not recommending it to anyone. Personally, I would say if you aren’t sure, test a little on your hand and don’t use anything that is discoloured, smells funny or if the consistency has changed.

1 Like

I have tote with a few different ones, Flavored, water based and silicone based as well. My personal Favorites are ID for flavored, AstroGilde gel or Durex 2 in one for basic water based which I use on all things silicone and for silicone my I love ID backslide it’s great for anal though astroglide is good for a silicone one too.

Lube due expire usually around a year from the date that you open it. My rule of thumb is if anything has changed with thickness or smell etc I won’t use it.

I was going to say because ill be using a different lube to what ive been use to its probably an idea to do a test on the back of my hand or arm. @Enchantress29 I usually go through a bottle (250ml) every 2 months max so I should be good :slight_smile:

We always end up coming back to this silk one https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=7163

I cant stand a sticky lube! You do need to reapply after a short while but i continue to buy just as its silky.

Interesting to see so many use liquid silk, I’ll have to give it a go. I use Sliquid and haven’t had any issues with it, good consistency, long lasting and not sticky.

1 Like

We usually switch between two lubes, LH water based anal lube and Fist It.

I like that the LH lube comes in a pump bottle, however I have noticed that it dries up quicker than the Fist It. Fist It is fabulous stuff, but it comes in a jar, which never fails to leave a gloopy sticky mess. We have recently begun pouring it into a pump bottle, all good so far. A little goes a long way.

3 Likes

Another vote for Liquid Silk :+1: