LH flirt fest :(

agreed

Extract from the rules

The forum doesn't exist for people to find cyber sex, dogging, phone fun or real life dating.

So anybody looking for it just report their comment. Its all you can really do about it x

Mr&MrsGrey wrote:

Filthy chat for fetlife in my opinion x

Not always the case. Its just another medium to chat on.

ruffnek wrote:

Mr&MrsGrey wrote:

Well. filthy chat should not be on LH. when chat was up, then what you did there, was your business, but if you do it publically here, you may really upset people. LH is for discussing toys, sex ideas and issues, or some random non sex related chat, about hobbies etc. But not for flirting chat and cyber chat.

We should be going " I LIKE DILDOS!!"

instead of " I know where you can put those dildos ;)"

Thats the way i look at the forum anyway :P

Have to agree wit horny glass lover. I used to come on here for advice/ideas but it ain't what it used to be.

Laveila wrote:

ruffnek wrote:

Mr&MrsGrey wrote:

Well. filthy chat should not be on LH. when chat was up, then what you did there, was your business, but if you do it publically here, you may really upset people. LH is for discussing toys, sex toys ideas and issues, or some random non sex related chat, about hobbies etc. But not for flirting chat and cyber chat.

Laveila wrote:

ruffnek wrote:

Mr&MrsGrey wrote:

Well. filthy chat should not be on LH. when chat was up, then what you did there, was your business, but if you do it publically here, you may really upset people. LH is for discussing toys, sex toys ideas and issues, or some random non sex related chat, about hobbies etc. But not for flirting chat and cyber chat.

I agree with you fully. LH should not be used for filth etc. Yes fetlife is a more appropiate site. But either way it is still a medium of comunication. Just because you chat on fetlife doesnt mean your conversation should be filth.

Ok i'm having trouble with fet chat (clean chat for now haha) but gonna make coffee, reboot computer and calm down haha. I shall be back lovely people xx

I didnt mean fetlife is just for filthy chat, i meant than rather on this forum, ferlife would be more suited!

OK, I have probably been guilty of this, if people feel that way I apologise!

I would say that my online flirting is intended to just be a bit of fun with no intention of hooking up or anything else. Obviously, with chat not being on here, it has left a hole.

I have not tried fetlife but one on the friends I have made on here said that. It was more extreme than she was comfortable with.

Anyway, I had become aware that chat was impacting on the treads but wanting to be able to chat to some of my good friends on here. Once it was clear that chat would be down for sometime I set up a new email account.

Hopefully you will have noticed a reduction in my chatting within hhreads over the last week or so?

Once again guilty as charged, but i hope you are happy that I have found a solution that works for me.

There has never been any intention to upset about members, but if I have please accept my apologies.

HH

i like to flirty chat if not here, where without having to pay ?

I agree entirely about the flirting thing, its totally inappropriate and both men and women are guilty of it. It means that people that would usually contriute to the forums are not and others are being ignored and shunned. It seems people are not capable of using the internet to search for more suited chat sites and are making this forum far less desireable for others, but the only way around it is to report the members. I must admit the forums are far less desireable now, with far less sex talk and far more sexy chat. I have been looking at other forums ut nowhere quite compares to Lovehoney :(

I know what you mean. I sometimes lightheartedly flirt but nothing serious. However it's when people take over threads just flirting with each other that it is annoying. I have been around now for a while, the forums used to have a sense of community but it doesn't anymore. At least that's how I feel.

I have to agree, you so often go on to threads now and feel like there's no point posting because you're getting in the way of someone's flirting.

It is in the rules that this shouldn't be happening and even when Alice posted that chat would be down she asked that it shouldn't be brought on to the forums but i suppose it was bound to happen.

think i'm probably as guilty of this as anyone. i'm new here, didn't realise it didn't go on all the time!

i'll keep it to myself now that i see it's a place where lots of people hang out to chat and get tips rather than just hook up :)

lol read the rules... no hook ups hunting... you can add you other sites to your page for that kind of fun. :) I like to keep in touch with people for sure, just like to be able to use the threads for their intended purpous too lol. xx

ruffnek wrote:

Laveila wrote:

ruffnek wrote:

Mr&MrsGrey wrote:

I agree with you fully. LH should not be used for filth etc. Yes fetlife is a more appropiate site. But either way it is still a medium of comunication. Just because you chat on fetlife doesnt mean your conversation should be filth.

I hate when people do this on fetlife, which is also not a dating site but a social networking site. Their answer has been to create specific places for people to do it which contains it somewhat. A chat/private IM function help as it gives people somewhere private to take it. As mentioned already in the thread, return of the chat function and/or a specific flirt thread may be in order.

Cyber sex has no place in any public space IMO

Ork wrote:

For a site allowing you to have it on your profile that your looking for a sub, slave etc, and or a long term relationship.... I don't think fetlife is just a social networking site like facebook that people seem to think, other wise I don't think they would have such options. Creating a specific thread for flirting isn't really an answer to the issue, coming down harder on it is all that's really needed, though it would require the mods to actually do something about it, as members telling each other off only leads to flame wars.

You can't search by those options though, and you can put looking for friendship, mentoring etc. Its a way of letting others know about yourself and what you what but it doesn't look to provide the mechanisms of a dating site. I see the looking for section as another way of discouraging unwanted attention. I see loads of people complaining that fetlife is crap and they can't find what they are looking for which is because the site is not designed to help you find it, if 'it' is a partner/ fuckbubby whatever. The people whom I know on fetlife who love it and use it consistantly are those using it as a social network to keep in touch with friends and to have conversations, give/ask advice on forums etc.

Anywho, yes there aren't enough mods to control ot so just make a thread/forum section for it and mods can move it in there when they see it, or people can just say 'take it in there'. No arguments needed.

I was talking to my gf about something similar the other night. When we come on here we have noticed certain folk seem to follow others around a lot, always ready to answer with a "complimentary" remark. Or the way a lot of guys seem to slant every conversation towards flirty talk and they are completely blatant about it. As a guy myself, i find it amusing that they don't seem to give a feck that they look so desperate to see every convo go down the same road.

Clown Feet wrote:

I was talking to my gf about something similar the other night. When we come on here we have noticed certain folk seem to follow others around a lot, always ready to answer with a "complimentary" remark.

I agree 100% here with you and WeeSteve, since I have been a member for nearly a year I can confirm just before Christmas there has been a lot more flirting going on in the Off-Topic threads.

Perhaps we should make a thread called "Flirt here, not in other threads!" for those who like to flirt as if flirting happens between two (or more) people in a random thread, people like myself and others do feel discouraged to post there.