šŸ“ Lingerie Sizing Feedback Needed!

Hey All,

We are looking for some feedback on how we currently describe some of our Own Brand Lingerie. If you are happy to, we would really appreciate you filling out the poll below! Thank you :purple_heart:

I find the terms One Size, One Size Queen and One Size Curve are easy to shop/identify my size
  • Strongly agree
  • Agree
  • Neutral
  • Disagree
  • Strongly disagree

0 voters

I like the terminology of these sizes?
  • Strongly agree
  • Agree
  • Neutral
  • Disagree
  • Strongly disagree

0 voters

Comments and discussion below welcome! If you voted ā€œStrongly disagreeā€ for either please let us know why down below :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think it would be helpful to give an approximate height range for each termed size.

13 Likes

For myself one size or 8/12 generally has been perfect!

5 Likes

In general I wish there were more petite options because a lot of the times one size are too big (and long if pants, sleeves, etc.), and even when there are lettered sizes the small is too big a lot of the time :sweat_smile: Also more small boob friendly options :+1:

4 Likes

Due to the fact im in between sizes so often as well as being different sizes on top and bottom with a B cup bust and wide shoulders. i find dress size definitions combined with measurement guides the most useful for working out what will fit.

I can often struggle with one size stuff though as i tend to be small size ontop and plus size of the bottom :unamused: Not ideal

Agree with @WillC some height or length definitons would be good as im only 5ā€™7ā€ and can sometimes struggle with finding stuff a tad short too

10 Likes

I tend to go for plus size/queen stuff now but still have issues because Iā€™m fairly flat chested but I have a booty so items are usually too big on my clevage if they fit my hips and bum

:joy:

Update: yeah Iā€™m giving up buying lingerie from LH :frowning_face: I bought the plunging neckline wet look one piece in a queen. This should have fit but it has no stretch at all so to get it to cover my tits itā€™s hoiked up my arse and gives the worst camel toe ever :expressionless:

2 Likes

I generally struggle with the whole boob issue in most things, even Queen size doesnā€™t always fit as it should in some styles :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Iā€™d rather know actual measurements for each item so I check against my own body. I hate the way sizing varies so much everywhere.

Also thereā€™s things like if thereā€™s a waistband in something and itā€™s not stretchy when everything else is, or itā€™s advertised as a particular size but the waistband wonā€™t stretch to fit that size then that needs addressing!

I bought a floor length nightie/gown like this once and it was empire line closing at the front, the size was right for me everywhere except for the eyelets at the front wouldnā€™t close over my ribcage. Itā€™s just really annoying!

6 Likes

One size is usually right for me from the options, but a squeeze over my bum and thighs, waist too high (or product too short over all) tight over my ribs and then gappy over the cups. It feels like e we account for more variety in curvaceousness than we do in the skeleton part that canā€™t change :sweat_smile:

I would also not know which was which out of curve and Queen with certainty without models or a size guide. I think you mean curve as the biggest, but itā€™s not entirely intuitive to me because queen i think of as plus size, but smaller people can still be curvy!

4 Likes

Yeah agree - my OH is 5ā€™11 and some of the ā€˜Queenā€™ sizes are perfect - others come up too short and look rather silly on!

3 Likes

Just clarifying @Lovehoney_Brenna, is this a thread on LHā€™s choice of terminology for larger sizes, or how things fit?

If itā€™s the former, I personally prefer seeing a number such as 18-20, so that I can compare it to high street clothing. I appreciate that phrases such as Queen, and Curves, sound kind/flattering, but Iā€™m a realist. The numbers, I find, are less open to interpretation.

If itā€™s the latter, I generally find the sizing cut a bit keen so I always size up.

EDIT: a height range would also be useful.

5 Likes

Like @Baby_Jane I would prefer a size number as itā€™s more realistic.
I always look at the size and stats of the model too.
I am very tall and have a huge cup size so sadly only have had great success with the bodystockings which I love.

6 Likes

Standard clothing sizes are what we are all used to so a size 12 or 32B still makes sense. One size fits all may still have limits. Is it size 8 to 24 or actually size 10 to size 22? Because it might be too baggy on a size 8 or too tight on a size 24

1 Like

Just how big is a curve or a queen. As soon as you start to describe these in terms of standard dress sizes you may as well use those.

The size descriptions are fine, what matters is the actual size capability is. Some outfits on the same sizing have more or less bust/waist/hip dimensions. So perhaps along with the description you could have suits best to bras in 12-16 B&C, suits waist 38".

This kind of guidance would minimise the number of purchases that go wrong, and less of the reviews that read things like ā€œtoo tight on my hips and too big for my boobsā€.

Just a thought.

3 Likes

Generally for Lovehoneyā€™s own brand stuff the ā€œOne Sizeā€ fits me great and is pretty consistent in the types of lingerie I buy. Obviously the terms are used for items that are stretchy and do fit a variety of sizes and not for more fitted items that require a more precise fit.

It only gets a bit confusing when other brands also sold here use the same terminology but mean totally different sizes, for example G-World also uses ā€œOne Sizeā€ but the upper limit is Size 12. Thankfully, Lovehoney does also put in what sizes this corresponds to so itā€™s not a major issue just inconsistent.

I would say I did have to go and check what the difference in size was between ā€œQueenā€ and ā€œCurvyā€ but once you know which bracket you fit in itā€™s pretty easy.

Off topic but as others have said for more specifically sized items with moulded cups that come in S, M, L, XL, etc. it would be helpful to have an idea on what cup sizes theyre designed for as well as overall size.

4 Likes

I can work out what size I am within the categories but Iā€™m not keen on them mainly due to the fact I am probably more of a queen size on top and curve size on the bottomā€¦ I thinkā€¦ Iā€™d have to check if queen is smaller/bigger than curve.

2 Likes

Admittedly i had to look up the difference between queen and curve size too

1 Like

I find describing them as ā€˜one sizeā€™ a bit ridiculous given that there is 3 different sizes, ā€˜one sizeā€™ suggests that it it one size fits all and therefore shouldnā€™t have the queen and curve options for different sizes.
While I like the non sized based naming style, I still find myself having to look up the size chart to see which option I need to pick, which kinda makes the naming a bit pointless, though that could be solved by just including the size range on the product description.

I would also like to add that, from my experience - most one size clothing (size 8-16) is always on the smaller size so I do not feel that the sizing is accurate.

I know a lot of the items can be stretchy but I donā€™t see how a size 8 person and a size 16 person can wear the exact same item - but still look and feel as good.

For this reason, I now tend to avoid purchasing ā€˜one sizeā€™ clothing.

5 Likes