Little rant

So, most of you know i have been struggling lately and to be honest im not getting any better.

So many problems i either cant solve or have no idea what to do.
Work, family, money, so called friends, loneliness and now hearing we could be facing another lockdown. I dont think i can cope :frowning:

5 Likes

Hang in there my friend. I use to think I was the only one struggling with these feelings during the pandemic and the restrictions on our lives. But more and more people are admitting how they feel and that they are struggling. Talk to your friends and be open with them, i am positive they will react positively. Speak to your GP or Mental Health practitioner at your local medical centre, they will help with both talking therapy and medication as required. Just close your eyes and ask for help, you will be glad you did. Stay safe and talk to people openly and honestly. Good luck

2 Likes

I dont have many friends, the pandemic revealed that to me. Am already on meds and have tried most other methods. Feel like im stuck, just want to disappear

1 Like

There is always more to do, if you are on meds then you need to speak to your gp and these reviewed, doesnā€™t sound like they are working. There are lots of variation out there, you just need to reach back out to the gp.

Try looking online for various websites that help with wellbeing during the pandemic, they are there and you just have to find the help that works for you.

Disappearing is not the answer, have courage to hang around and ask for more help. Most people if they are honest will admit they are struggling to some extent during these horrible times. Good luck

2 Likes

@zombifiedguy you can talk through any worries with us, we are impartial, non-judgemental and we have a wide variety of ages and experiences to call on. Donā€™t suffer in silence.

6 Likes

Theres not much in my town, i reached out on facebook if there was any social or hobby groups but got no replies.

I have been on one medication after the other for almost the last year. None seem to have any major effect so im starting to wonder whats wrong with me :frowning:

1 Like

@zombifiedguy Iā€™m glad youā€™re talking to us. Iā€™m so sorry you feel like that, but as others have said, weā€™re here.

I suffer from depression and a year or so ago my meds werenā€™t working for me so my doctor changed me to something else. My ā€˜newā€™ meds work on both serotonin and norepinephrine rather than just serotonin and they really have made a difference. Not sure if that might be worth exploring?

I would recommend speaking to a GP too and maybe seeing about some counselling or CBTs?

Please donā€™t give up, things will get better xx

2 Likes

@zombifiedguy, best of luck mate, I hope you get on ok.

1 Like

Im trying, i honestly am but ive been fighting for ages and getting nowhere, if anything things have got worse. Will look into new meds but that adds another few months onto things.

@zombifiedguy

I hope we donā€™t mate best thing to do is to get in contact with someone and tell them mate, they may not be able to take all your worries away but they may ear your stress level! Thereā€™s a massive push for men to open up mate see if there are groups that can help you mate all the best sorry for your situation hope you find some help mate .

@zombifiedguy stay strong.

Well done for speaking out, far too many people donā€™t and it gets worse for them.

Getting the right support is crucial. Speaking to your DR would be great for the medication and donā€™t forget about groups/charities such as Samaritans.

Finding a hobby is a clichĆ© but it might be worth a shot. Even just going for a walk can be great for clearing the mind; itā€™s one of the reasons I enjoy running.

2 Likes

Sorry you are dealing with so much, hugs. You will always find support here and always remember you are not alone. Easier said then done but as someone whose struggled so much and felt so a alone before and lost so many ā€œfriendsā€ I get it and always make my self available for those in need. Cause sometimes just have someone listen can make you feel not alone so ya come here when you need and if I see it or you post at me iā€™ll always reply when I see it.

2 Likes

Thank you, i appreciate it

2 Likes

I donā€™t want to push a religion onto you, and in fact got out of it myself when I reached the level where it became a religion, but went to the introductory classes of Kadampa Buddhism for a few years and found them very helpful, a lot of common sense about how the mind works. Some basic meditation and mindfulness practice might help, like concentrating your attention on whatā€™s around you at this very moment rather than thinking about the past, future and other places.

5 Likes

Oh Iā€™m so sorry youā€™re struggling. I personally was ok - Ish during lockdown as Iā€™m a total hermit and love my four wall fortress but Iā€™ve got kids and the husband with me (though there were times I wished I could have some peace!).

However since returning to work Iā€™ve struggled massively with pandemic paranoia. Iā€™m always scared, I feel sick most mornings (no Iā€™m not pregnant itā€™s anxiety) and I get myself so worked up about it all. Added on that my kids are now back at school and Iā€™m terrified of anything happening to themā€¦

Iā€™m a paranoid, stressed out, upset mess. Iā€™m actually hoping for a second Lockdown so I can keep us all safe.

You are not alone, the pandemic does things to our minds and I seriously feel the media are to blame.

4 Likes

Iā€™d be wary of relying on medication to solve your problems, it might be that some chemical imbalance needs correcting but drugs canā€™t change your reality. Mrs S and I got involved with a tranquilliser support group years ago and it can be a very long and difficult process to get off them once youā€™ve developed a dependency.

1 Like

I was thinking just saying ā€œMorningā€ or ā€œHelloā€ to people you see can develop into friendships over time. People in shops maybe, I soon got into having a good laugh with the staff in a couple of chip shops and cafes. Just anyone, not necessarily those youā€™re attracted to. Weā€™ve met loads of people through having dogs but you could just walk round or sit in a park and stroke then comment on the dogs that come up to you. A lot of dog walkers have a routine of the same walk most mornings and some will be glad to talk to new people, especially when they get used to seeing you there. Weā€™ve started chatting to a vicar a bit recently although have to be pretty careful about what we say. :innocent: :wink:

Another thing is to not watch the news. Just check the BBC website for articles that affect you personally like changes to the rules for your area, and ignore the rest. We stopped watching the TV news for a while but now watch it as outsiders, more out of interest to see how itā€™s manipulating people, stirring up panic, repeating key words and phrases that have an effect on peopleā€™s minds. Propaganda if you will. Itā€™s like Brexit, we all had one vote and that was it, whatever happens now is beyond our control and thereā€™s no point getting wound up by these stories about what might happen, weā€™ll just have to deal with reality when it finally gets here. Remember ā€œtoday is going to be a critical day in Parliamentā€ for month after month, yet it never really was?

5 Likes

Iā€™ll second that! Most of the news is supposition and they always look on the bleak side to ā€œsexā€ up the news.

2 Likes

Just a quick update to say i feel things have got worse. Feeling more depressed and stressed and no idea what to do