Little rant

@zombifiedguy sorry to hear that, not sure what i can do or say to help, but if you need to talk go right ahead.

1 Like

So sorry to hear that @zombifiedguy but Iā€™m glad you posted rather than keeping it in.

Iā€™m not a professional and not sure what I can say to help, but weā€™re here to listen.

Is there anything you can do for escapism for a while? Reading, colouring, bingeing a TV series are all things that have worked for me.

Are you able to go outside and get some fresh air for a little while? Close your eyes and listen to the nature around you?

hugs

2 Likes

@zombifiedguy what @MsSubExperimenter says is good advice, i donā€™t know where you live but the forecast for most of the country is sunshine, and sunshine is a great mood lifter, even if you only sit in the garden.

I take the family dog for a walk daily. Its only a short term break from things though

1 Like

A walk will help- fresh air does wonders. I hope you feel a little lighter now

I know you are crying out for help @zombifiedguy The world we are living in is certainly strange and no-one knows when it will get back to ā€œnormalā€ and restrictions are slowly being re-introduced around the country.

Already having to deal with problems and feeling alone before all this happened was bad enoughā€¦add this in and itā€™s a massive amount of emotional pressure to be underā€¦

You are not alone in thisā€¦thousands of others are facing similar difficultiesā€¦although that doesnā€™t help the situationā€¦you know others are struggling too.

Keep talking and checking in on hereā€¦the folks on the forum add a little light and help to each others dayā€¦and together we can ALL get through this.

Virtual hugs
:heart::heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

A trouble shared is a trouble halved, and there are many of us here to help.

1 Like

Thatā€™s hopeful, you have a period of niceness each day, something you could look forward to. :slightly_smiling_face: Iā€™d suggest making it more important, concentrating on paying attention to everything you see, hear and smell while out, like the dog does. See if you can get a calm feeling, then try and remember those things and feeling at other times in the day.

@zombifiedguy what @Serpentwand @MsSubExperimenter and @CurvyJilly says is all good, we know you are asking for help so please let us, you can tell us anything we are non-judgemental and willing to help. No problem is unsurmountable.
As has previously been said, take your dog out in the sunshine and see the world through their eyes. I think i may have said this before, but set yourself little treats to look forward to each day, wether it be a bar of chocolate, a favourite album, a favourite tv show or film. Itā€™s the little pleasures that count in this world and current situation.
Above all look after and value yourself, you are special and desrve happiness.
We are willing to help ANYONE on this forum, so this applies to everyone. Take care my friend.

2 Likes

I do appreciate all the advice and kind words, i just feel so trapped. I do try to do things etc, had a whole to-do list the other day etc. So few things seem to make me feel better.

Im just so tired of things, putting effort in and getting nowhere, like im trapped in quick sand

1 Like

Hang on in there @zombifiedguy keep venting on here. I know we are only here virtually but we ARE here for you.

Virtual hugsā€¦

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Stay strong and think positive thoughts :facepunch:

1 Like

We all feel like that from time to time, it will pass trust me. We are here for you.

3 Likes

Hats off to you too for putting your thoughts into words and postingā€¦just talking and interacting with others will help youā€¦

Hopefully others will too @zombifiedguy

Keep busy
:heart::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

I appreciate all the kind words.

I am trying, honestly but, and i know this is silly, i need to know what will make me happy.

No one thing will sort all my issues and my brain feels so screwed sometimes that im not sure any solution will work.

I understand when people say others in lockdown etc are going through the same thing but ive been struggling since before the lockdown and it might sound selfish but i want to fix myself before i concern myself with the rest of the world.

2 Likes

This is good however focusing too much on yourself may make things worse. Try forgetting yourself and focusing on the outside world. The sunshine and blue sky remain beautiful regardless of humanityā€™s problems. :sunrise_over_mountains:

2 Likes

@zombifiedguy not selfish to feel the need to focus on yourself at all. When others are saying that they (lots of people) are struggling too in this strange new reality it is to reassure you that you arenā€™t alone.
It would also suggest speaking to your doctor, hormone levels as well as all manner of medical stuff can change rapidly and could be adding to your symptoms.
My mental health is generally very good but does alter due to hormone levels. On down, anxious or paranoid days I try to find a positive. My family are well. I have a comfortable home etc.

Please be kind to yourself.

If a friend was feeling the way you do what would you recommend?

3 Likes

If it was my friend id listen to them, try to talk about it or meet up with them and take them for a wander or food and chat.
Problem is the friends that i have arent me and dont do the same thing.

Yeah my friends when I was a teenager and at work were like that. I canā€™t be bothered with all that now, itā€™s just me and the wife.

Im glad you have someone. Ive been looking for more friends but not easy