Living with parents or direct relatives

If any of you do, when you order things from Lovehoney, what do you say if they ask you what's in the boxes? I live with my grandparents and my gran knows I keep sex toys so it isn't a problem for me, I just get embarrassed lol

My parents don't ask anymore, they know! Well suspect anyway, I doubt they know EXACTLY what I've ordered, but when they did used to ask I'd say it was shoes, books, makeup, a friend's parcel... Ehh anything really. After September I'd say Christmas pressies, but I can't say that anymore because they know my boxes are from lh and they know roughly what they sell! ;) haha.

My parents would be well worried if I'd ordered them something from lh!

HappilyExperimenting wrote:

My parents don't ask anymore, they know! Well suspect anyway, I doubt they know EXACTLY what I've ordered, but when they did used to ask I'd say it was shoes, books, makeup, a friend's parcel... Ehh anything really. After September I'd say Christmas pressies, but I can't say that anymore because they know my boxes are from lh and they know roughly what they sell! ;) haha.

I think for me it isn't the ordering sex toys that bothers me. It's what the sex toys actually are. Sometimes my gran will ask to see them cause she's curious about what some look like lol

Kittycat102 wrote:

I think for me it isn't the ordering sex toys that bothers me. It's what the sex toys actually are. Sometimes my gran will ask to see them cause she's curious about what some look like lol

Your grandma sounds cool! Mine would be horrified to see what I order (and I consider myself quite vanilla)!

Ruby Red Slippers wrote:

Kittycat102 wrote:

Your grandma sounds cool! Mine would be horrified to see what I order (and I consider myself quite vanilla)!

Lol well when I ordered my first rabbit, she wanted to have a look and she asked me what the little ears are for lol

I live with mine n I tell them dont b so nosey lol

sassykitten;) wrote:

I live with mine n I tell them dont b so nosey lol

Lol I guess if you're above 18, they can't really ask you what your post is anymore

I just tell my mum to mind her own business lol but she's not normally nosey bless her :)

Lollipop ;) wrote:

I just tell my mum to mind her own business lol but she's not normally nosey bless her :)

Aww she sounds cute :)

Kittycat102 wrote:

If any of you do, when you order things from Lovehoney, what do you say if they ask you what's in the boxes? I live with my grandparents and my gran knows I keep sex toys so it isn't a problem for me, I just get embarrassed lol

Dear kittycat I am old enough to be your grand dad some of us older people are OK with what the younger generation do tell them and show them it might shock at first but then it's over

D.j wrote:

Kittycat102 wrote:

Dear kittycat I am old enough to be your grand dad some of us older people are OK with what the younger generation do tell them and show them it might shock at first but then it's over

Yeah that's what I did the first time I bought a sex toy lol my gran was shocked but she was like ok lol

I live with my (very nosey) parents at the moment so the delivery to local post office option on here is a god-send!

She's lovely, I'm very lucky. :)

Lollipop ;) wrote:

She's lovely, I'm very lucky. :)

I feel the same way about my gran :)

When i lived with my parents i only had a small g spot toy and a cock ring but i was careful to keep them hidden.

unlike most people, i think if any toy was accidently seen by one of my parents, i would rather it was my dad. I imagine he would erase it from his memory like something out of men in black, and never mention it again.

my mum on the other hand would want to know the ins and outs of it! "Where did it come from? How much did it cost? What others colours do they do? How long have you had it" and so on!

My dad just is hardly ever interested in any parcels I receive (and, should you tell him it is clothes or lingerie he loses every last bit of interest) and my mum might want to see the lingerie (and ask whether they do this or that bra in her size). She knows I have some sex toys but she is not nosey about the stuff, I suppose she thinks something like "my very much adult daughter does not have a partner but she obviously needs a bit of... erm... sexual relief, after all"... No problem. I actually think it is better to have my parcels delivered to my parents' than to my den in Prague. I am definitely happier when my parents get the stuff from the postman and leave them unopened in my bedroom, the idea of my neighbours handling my stuff is much, much worse.

I currently live with with both my girlfriend and my mum. -cough- Obviously, mum knows we have sex and she's taken in a few love honey parcels for us when we were out or didn't get to the door in time. She never asks whats in them, she usually respects our privacy (unless our door is closed, in which case she bursts in for some reason. -.-). But last time she handed us one of the parcels she gave me a knowing look...so I have an inkling she might have picked up on what they are.

I thank my lucky stars she doesn't go through my drawers. She'd find a vibrator, a cock ring, 6", 8" and 10" dildos and some anal lube. 0.0

I currently live with my parents (not for much longer though) and I always dread a Lovehoney delivery, even though deep down I'm excited.

When the doorbell rings, my dad sees me get up to answer and immedietly pushes in front of me, then has a go at me if I say "hang on I was going to get that", because apparently it's rude and he's only trying to help. I never get to the door before him, even if I shout upstairs and say "it's for me, don't worry!", he'll still shove past and get it. Aarrggh!!

They don't always ask me what's inside, but I get the judgemental looks of "oh what's she got in that box, why is she ordering so much stuff". My mum in particular is very funny about money, so when I've gone through phases of recieving lots of testers in a short space of time (a few months ago now) she's been on my case about spending too much money, even though I haven't spent a dime! But I can't tell her that, because I'm not comfortable with her knowing I'm a sex toy tester.

Bloody parents! Can't wait to move out :p

I live with my dad but my parcels get sent to my mums house. She stopped asking a few months ago as I tell her what are in the parcels & it was creeping her out, she knows when it's a LH parcel and assumes it's either lingerie or something bondage related. My dad gnerally doesn't know a thing except he seen the leather wrist cuffs I have hanging on my door handle, I'm very open with my parents when it comes to sex.

Wish I was this open with my parents about this! Dreading the day one of them goes snooping in my drawers to find both sets of handcuffs, leather ankle restraints, cock rings, ties, lube etc etc etc!!