šŸ Love Island

Iā€™m of a similar opinion to MsSub, as long as no oneā€™s getting hurt then enjoy what you enjoy :blush:

I know my cousin watched it though and is very excited for it to come back, and sheā€™s very intelligent so youā€™re right about low iq not being necessary to enjoy it

2 Likes

I have a feeling this may well become the highest ā€˜mutedā€™ topic within the entire forum - I think Iā€™m the most ā€˜Mutedā€™ member anyway :joy:

Praise be for diversity and individuality :raised_hands:t2::grimacing:

7 Likes

I am v v v excited for this tonight!!!

3 Likes

I think this topic needs a header/pinned post
ā€œIf youā€™ve come to tell us you donā€™t like Love Island, you are at risk of being dumped from the topic, please make your way to the rant threadā€
:joy_cat:

1 Like

This is subjective, and probably my biggest critique of love Island is theyā€™ve never really diversified to support body positivity or really anything like thatā€¦ Personally I wish there were some bigger bums on the TV :see_no_evil::joy:

But yeah, we loooovvvveeee the drama and you know Iā€™ll be tuning in :joy:. Will maybe finish ā€œToo Hot to Handleā€ on Netflix first though.

And to everyone saying they donā€™t watch it, would never watch it or would rather do anything else than watch itā€¦ We all used to say that until we started watching :woman_facepalming::joy:

4 Likes

I should have phrased it better, perhaps something more like ā€œwhat I find visually and sexually attractiveā€ :blush:

1 Like

Never watched it never will.But I am sure I will be seeing one of them in a TV program as an actor in the not too distant future.

@Ian_Chimp :rofl:

1 Like

Bigger boned bodies is what we require, it looks like a good meal would be wasted on everyone on the programme. But I am just jealous and would love their bodies. Iā€™m sure they all have to work extremely hard in the gym.

3 Likes

Noooooooooo rather boil my eyes :joy:

6 Likes

I watched one episode last season as it was the only thing that was on my Twitter, and afraid it wasnā€™t for me :joy: I see why people love it though, Iā€™m obsessed with reality TV but LI just didnā€™t do it for me for some reason, each to their own! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@MissNoir I remember the first time I tried to watch one season then was like helllsss no. But Iā€™ve now watched the last 2 seasons religiously haha.

Geordie shore was my dirty go to trash tv, so this is a very good replacement :joy:

3 Likes

Thank god for the remote control!!!

2 Likes

Honestly, I donā€™t know what it was I didnā€™t enjoy, thereā€™s drama, laughs, and insane quotes, but I just couldnā€™t get into it, will give the new seasons shot though, Iā€™m still mourning my reality shows that have ended, and still living in the good old days of 2000s reality tv, amen for hulu!!

2 Likes

Jake and Liberty are the best couple so far I think :yum:

2 Likes

I donā€™t think theyā€™ll last (:joy: like any of them will) but I think heā€™ll jump ship to the next new one. I quite liked the innocent teacher, canā€™t help but feel he will get eaten alive.
Bonus for tonight husband switched over at the end and caught the last bit of football so he was happy :raised_hands:

2 Likes

I think the teacher will be a bit like Dr Alex from a previous series. He appears ā€œnormalā€ rather than a model/body builder @MooseyB

5 Likes

I think itā€™s good theyā€™ve got more ā€œnormalā€ people in rather than every person being a model or a football player

I always laugh when theyā€™re like ā€œso Iā€™ve been single for six months now!ā€ The application process probably takes longer than that :joy_cat:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve not seen anyone on it this time.

Watched a few episodes here and there over the years, mainly to just see what kind of creatures they dig out for it.

As someone said the whole fake thing and complete space cadets puts me off massively. I wasnā€™t sure these sort of stupid people walk among us but I was wrong

1 Like

Cliffhangers like this 2 episodes inā€¦ Ughhhhhhhā€¦ Who are we thinking Chloe will choose?

1 Like

Itā€™s so annoying when they build up to a recoupling all episode and never show it :roll_eyes:

I think sheā€™s gonna choose Jake

1 Like