šŸ Love Island

So this will likely go down like a lead balloon on an equal scale of devastation to the Hiroshima nuclear bomb.

Judge me all like but God Iā€™m not even embarrassed to admit Iā€™m a little bit excited that Love Island starts tonight :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You donā€™t have to have an I.Q of 3 to enjoy the programme and Iā€™m sure thereā€™s way more of you that love the show than you let on. I mean, love watching what I think is some of the most sexy boys and girls (my own personal opinion of what I find sexually appealing and attractive and not body shaming what others may or may not find sexy) relaxing in the Mediterranean sunshine while weā€™re here jumping between lockdowns and vaccine boosters :smile:

That pool side holiday craving is real right now. Get this Blonde Bunny bikiniā€™d up and in the 35Ā° sun :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Iā€™ve been searching the forum for months but I still canā€™t find a ā€˜Love Island Discussionā€™ topic thread :thinking::rofl:

Love Island Lovers Unite!!!

Who else is super excited that it starts again tonight!?! please someone replyā€¦

If you hate the show or have no happy and positive contributions please donā€™t slate or slander us girls and guys who do genuinely love the programme. A wise bunny once said ā€œIf you canā€™t say something nice, donā€™t say nothing at allā€, I believe that wise bunny was Thumper from Bambi :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

Iā€™ve never watched a single second of it and have no intention of starting :blush: I ended up knowing bits about it a couple of years ago because half of my team at work were obsessed with it and would discuss it endlessly!

But you know what? Each to their own, it clearly made them happy and if it makes you happy, then thatā€™s whatā€™s important! Anything (legal) that makes someone smile is a good thing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I hope you get some positive responses @Blonde_Bunny :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

@MsSubExperimenter, you always compose the most thoughtful, kind and respectful posts. The world needs more of people like you :relaxed::heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Iā€™ll confess.

I watched all of the last one. Yes itā€™s cheesier than a wheel of Cheddar, wrapped in brie and smothered in melted camembert and as superficial and fake as the ā€˜looks lovelyā€™ comment your mother makes when you cut your own hair during lockdownā€¦but it gets very addictive.

Like a lot of these style shows thereā€™s an element of car crash TV motivation to watch it, and you know its going to be full of ā€˜omg did they really say/do that?ā€™ moments, but itā€™s easy viewing. If anyone really believes that two people will actually fall madly in love in a manufactured, staged and heavily scripted environment they probably need a reality check - but itā€™s eye candy, often cringeworthy and instantly forgettable once over.

So yes. Weā€™ll be watching again, especially as thereā€™s a local on it this year.

3 Likes

@Blonde_Bunny I secretly love this the show. Every year the oh watches it, I try to resist, and before you know it I find myself watching along, invested in the contestants. Its very addictive.

Enjoy the show :grin:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the best collection of words Iā€™ve ever seen on this forum. Ever. :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Youā€™re right, the addiction is very real :smile:

1 Like

Well having an IQ of 2 i must qualify to watch this year. I really tried not to watch the last series but failed. Things are very addictive. I like to be up with the younger generation, age is just a number. its also has me lusting over the ladies @Blonde_Bunny

1 Like

to be honest I think I would find pushing an icepick through my skull less painful than watching Love Island, but as someone else said, ā€œto each their own.ā€ Iā€™m more of a sci-fi kind of guy, me, rather than any of the ā€œrealitytvā€ shows on offer (using the term, ā€œrealityā€ in the loosest possible interpretation).

Donā€™t get me wrong, I love watching sexy girls in bikinis (or less!), but I just canā€™t do the drama and catfighting that normally ensues in these shows. A character flaw, I guess!

5 Likes

:tada::tada::tada::tada::tada: I LOVE LOVE ISLAND TOO! :smile_cat: no shame here :joy_cat::heart:
Watching it with my OH tonight, gotta love the first episode choosing partners :heart_eyes_cat::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::tada:

1 Like

You echo my thoughts exactly!

4 Likes

Glad itā€™s back! I enjoyed two seasons ago, didnā€™t watch the last season. But not going away this year I am very excited to at least watch some other people enjoying some sunshine!

Have you watched Too Hot to Handle on Netflix?

3 Likes

Yes! :smile_cat: only watched the first couple of episodes but the look on their faces when they found out what show they were on :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

1 Like

:raised_hands::raised_hands: I have watched on and off all the series :face_with_hand_over_mouth: the last 2 Iā€™ve made my husband watch and even he secretly enjoys it. Yes itā€™s mind numbing, yes itā€™s acted out and the dance sequences are soo cringy but for 9pm tv when youā€™ve exhausted everything on Netflix and sky over the past year and a half I canā€™t blooming wait :joy: I was even tempted on the 100/1 on Matt Hancock going in :face_with_hand_over_mouth::joy:

2 Likes

Just posted that in the memes thread, not sure if it will get accepted :thinking:

2 Likes

Probably a good spot to mention the ā€˜Muteā€™ topic featureā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

For anyone that hasnā€™t clocked it yet, you can mute any topic using the Topic Controls at the bottom of the topic:

And it will no longer appear in your Latest Feed. :+1: You can fish any back out again by going to your Preferences/Categories page and clicking on the ā€˜Showā€™ link next to Muted (or hereā€™s the quick link).

And thereā€™s a bit more info in Notifications :+1:

4 Likes

Afraid not, nipples :joy:

2 Likes

Fair enough :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

1 Like

Not for us, we just find them all so immature, but is very popular with the young girls in my office. But, each to their own and to those who watch it, enjoy.

2 Likes

I donā€™t watch these scripted reality type shows as i think they can be quite cruel to the contestants and they encourage unrealistic views of how relationships work and how bodies should look. Plus thereā€™s the mental health/suicides aspect linked to that particular show. Then thereā€™s stuff like ā€œIā€™m A Celebrityā€ which makes entertainment out of cruelty to animals, shouldnā€™t we be above such things in the 21st century?

9 Likes