Lovehoney Friends

What is the purpose of Friends on Lovehoney?

It used to be good for when the chat function was there, at the moment there's no real purpose to having friends.

FrozenAngel wrote:

*snip* There's no real purpose to having friends.

I do wish we could 'like' posts in here - there are so many that tickle me. This one included :)

there really isn't much point to it, i'm not sure why it's still there tbh lol

LetsTryThis wrote:

FrozenAngel wrote:

I do wish we could 'like' posts in here - there are so many that tickle me. This one included :)

LOL yeah I'm a loner what can I say lolol

FrozenAngel wrote:

LetsTryThis wrote:

FrozenAngel wrote:

LOL yeah I'm a loner what can I say lolol

Me too :) And proud of it lol.

It is pointless without chat and frustrating with so many new faces about

It may come back but it is pointless at the moment

Ive had a few friends request , but to be honest I couldnt see the point , and I think there were looking at my avatar ! as they were all from men !

Yup. Last year there was a chat/instant message function on the forum, but you could only message someone who had accepted you as a friend (If I remember right) LH removed the chat function when they did a technical overhaul thingie, but the friend requests thing is still here.

You can add and accept people as a friend and it doesn't make any difference right now, although I do often wonder if people can see that I have not accepted their request yet. I have about 60 requests but I just never clicked accept because there is no point right now and I am lazy lol. So I hope people cannot see that you haven't "accepted" them or they must think I am so rude! oops.

Was there a private chat on here before then?

Fluffbags wrote:

Yup. Last year there was a chat/instant message function on the forum, but you could only message someone who had accepted you as a friend (If I remember right) LH removed the chat function when they did a technical overhaul thingie, but the friend requests thing is still here.

You can add and accept people as a friend and it doesn't make any difference right now, although I do often wonder if people can see that I have not accepted their request yet. I have about 60 requests but I just never clicked accept because there is no point right now and I am lazy lol. So I hope people cannot see that you haven't "accepted" them or they must think I am so rude! oops.

totally just clicked add to see what happens lol

I cba with a long list esp of randomers who add me who have never posted I cba

bumblebee wrote:

Fluffbags wrote:

totally just clicked add to see what happens lol

Haha. I won't accept it, let me know if it says I haven't!

Cat Lady wrote:

At the moment the only point in adding friends is as a courtesy to people you interact with on the forums, I suppose.

If they ever do bring the chat back, I hope it's easier to control - had a few instances of being messaged by guys I barely knew wanting to talk about sex. I suppose that comes with the territory but it's not quite what the chat was for and it bugged me!

I am glad chat is gone for that reason too. Often it was ill disguised too:

"Hi, how are you, I don't want cyber, just chat, so what toys do you own?"

ME: "Oh I have this and this"

"Niiiiceeee ...Now I am imagining that and I am horny"

BLOCK!

I did make a few good friends on the chat but I started to ignore it more and more due to the above, and being busy writing or something, then I would feel so rude!

It says friend request pending :P

bumblebee wrote:

It says friend request pending :P

Nooooo now they all will think I am rudeeeee and lazyyyyyy! Secrets out then. lol

Only VIPs get added dont they Fluff lol

KinkyFuckery wrote:

Only VIPs get added dont they Fluff lol

Hehe, if chat ever comes back, I will have an overhaul and accept people then.

For now: Laziness wins.

Lazy ass but you do have a fine ass Missy