šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§ LoveHoney now using hermes

Hi All, I ordered something yesterday and I have now recā€™d the ā€œwe have your packageā€ email that we all get from royal mail, however this time its from hermes.

Iā€™ve not heard that LH were changing this part and Iā€™ve not heard the best things about hermes, so just wondered what others thought of this as I think some of you have put hermes in the rant thread a few times.

Also not sure if LH are doing a trial run to see how they operate compared to Royal mail or if this is a definitive switch :scream:

5 Likes

I hate Hermes :sob:

6 Likes

Thatā€™s a bad move. Anyone but Hermes. The only time Iā€™ve ever had delivery trouble is when it is Hermes. Everyone else is OK.

I have a policy of never having a Hermes delivery, so Iā€™m hoping there is an option to select Royal Mail instead.

1 Like

Oh botheration. Those guys can never find us :frowning_face:
Tired of having people climb over the hedge or playing hunt the parcel round the neighbourhood

1 Like

We ordered a few things on Thursday and it gave us Monday as a delivery date, I got an email off Hermes this morning saying itā€™ll get delivered today instead, it came with no problems and during the 2 hour time slot they said, so no complaints this time BUT I have had problems with Hermes in the past

5 Likes

Is anyone else reading these posts with ā€˜herpesā€™ā€¦?

My e-liquid subscription recently changed to herpes as well. Maybe Royal Mail have jacked their business rates up?

5 Likes

I received a LH order last week which was delivered with hermes we placed ordered on the sunday and received the order on the tue i was really pleased with it as it usually takes 3 days with royal mail.

Weā€™ve called them Herpes for many years now. Too easy.

4 Likes

Oh dear, I think thatā€™s a really bad move. Our village Facebook page usually has 2 or 3 posts per day about missing Hernes deliveries. Our postie will be pleased though :grinning:

3 Likes

Iā€™d like this confirmationā€¦Iā€™ll not order anything else if it is through hermes.

Iā€™m currently Iā€™m dispute with them about items of mine going missing bit I got the box deliveredā€¦item clearly removed from the box.

My local driver is also a complete and utter insert rude abusive word here

They chapped my window and my dogs went mad, barking etc and then proceeded to tell me they donā€™t like dogs? Well donā€™t chip my funking window and set them off!

Oh I could go on

6 Likes

Oh no, I hope not! I always felt quite reassured knowing it was Royal Mail. Iā€™ve checked the website and it just says ā€œwe use a variety of trusted Tracked Delivery servicesā€. Iā€™m not sure when/if that changed though. I had a delivery about 10 days ago that was Royal Mail but is sounds like deliveries within the past week have been Hermesā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s not that I want to. :slightly_smiling_face: It just seems unavoidable. If someone writes, ā€œI have a problem with hermesā€ who isnā€™t reading them say, ā€œI have a problem with herpesā€? It seems impossible not to.

ā€œLovehoney. Now with hermesā€

2 Likes

Well Iā€™m quite confident this wonā€™t end well :confused:

1 Like

I too hope itā€™s not Hermes now. Am yet to have a problem free delivery with them!

I donā€™t get my LH stuff delivered to my home address, either my sisterā€™s or collect from the local post office so hope that will still be an option!

My sisterā€™s house is easier to find than mine so hopefully they would be able to not screw up but I wonā€™t hold my breathā€¦

Not feeling comfortable with that idea, they have a terrible reputation for the quality of their service and the working practices they reportedly inflict on their drivers. The recent reports of a driver being responsible for 100s of missing packages does not fill me with confidence and would strongly make me reconsider using LH to deliver sensitive private products.

4 Likes

this is a bit concerning, I think everyone knows Hermes reputation and Iā€™ve had some weird experiences in the past with them too :frowning:

5 Likes

I recently ordered something from another site that shipped with Hermes and it shipped in two shipments and I didnā€™t have an issue with either being delivered, but I was home for both and we are pretty easy to find, and havenā€™t had issues collecting at a collection point, but I know a lot of people here have had horrible experiences with them :sweat_smile: I prefer Royal Mail because rescheduling is so easy, and I donā€™t get why people go off on them as Iā€™ve never had an issue with Royal Mail delivering anything to me :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Most suspicious as surely LH would send a newsletter or something to everyone explaining about the change in delivery service or if itā€™s a trial so weā€™d know what to expect on deliveriesā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

I do hope that they really have not changed to Hermes of all delivery companies they really are the most unreliable really never had a issue with Royal Mail . Hope they re consider this which may be prompted by increased calls to customer service about lost or delivery problems.

1 Like

I missed a delivery to my work address yesterday as it was now Hermes! Royal mail always knew we closed at 1pm so would always know to drop my parcel then.

To be fair though, the Hermes guy that covers our work area is usually pretty decent and Iā€™ve not had an issue with him for deliveries or collections until yesterday.

But Hermes lovehoney, I have to agree with the majority. BAD MOVE.

2 Likes