šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§ LoveHoney now using hermes

Thatā€™s hope myhermes sort out there deliveryā€™s around where I am or I will never get my orders

I had my latest Lovehoney delivery off Hermes and fair play, it went well (but I was in to receive the parcel :rofl:)

Placed an order on the 11th, delivered by Royal Mail on the 13th, always been impressed with their 2-3 day tracked delivery service. Only experience of Hermes is scam messages so doesnā€™t give confidence with using them.

noooooooooā€‹:open_mouth:

I had a microwave delivered by them itā€™s the same guy who does the deliveries here in a small van when I got my microwave the box was ripped and crushed the packing inside was crushed. I avoid anywhere that uses them now so I hope LH arenā€™t going to be using them permanently.

2 Likes

A van sounds quite swish. My local one just has all the parcels stuffed to bursting in the back of a Nissan Micra. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Yeah- same here.
All the parcels for the area are squashed in the back of a small car.
Once they opened and taken out what they like obviously.

This is not a good move.

3 Likes

@Ian_Chimp :open_mouth:
Actually I probably made it sound more lush than it is lol when I say van itā€™s only a small one, no bigger than the royal mail van probably a bit smaller ,only difference itā€™s packed to the top. and at least royal mail treat their packages carefully in the van.

1 Like

If this is true LH know the reputation of them so they must be using them for a much cheaper option. I hope LH doesnā€™t start to go downhill through this.

3 Likes

I placed an order Thursday evening and my dispatch email says it has been sent via Royal Mail 2-3 day.

Our Hermes delivery person is generally good but sometimes if they miss the timeslot, they record it as the parcel could not be delivered, which is BS as we are always home and we have a porch that is unlocked.

Hoping someone from LH will clarify?

Your Hermes experience is totally dependent on your local driver and luckily ours is good my LH order came through them a couple of weeks ago

Who on earth delivered a microwave through hermes : :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Time will tell, Christmas is probably the worst time possible to change carrier, have to say Hermes has one of the worst reputation scores whilst our local delivery person ā€œnowā€ knows which house we are and delivers OK itā€™s the time taken to get to me, that said I donā€™t order much now generally "shopping around "

1 Like

Having seen how the main drivers ā€˜unloadā€™ parcels at local drivers houses Iā€™m surprised that anything gets delivered intact. :hiking_boot::package:

1 Like

Just trying to be positive here but might it just be a temporary thing for Christmas to increase capacity and reduce delivery times? Royal Mail were quite badly hit by delays last year, hermes less so - might LH be trying to reduce the risk of bad delays?

6 Likes

John Lewis, totally shocked when it arrived through them. I did complain straight away to them and got a Ā£20 good will gesture. I took pictures and sent it to them.

I ordered something couple of weeks ago and got a email saying Hermes are delivering it , I was thinking that parcel will never arrive but it did .
On Lovehoney delivery information it still mentions royal mail so Iā€™m hoping Hermes is just untill Christmas :person_facepalming:

1 Like

Our local Herpes delivery man rarely fails to deliver.

Over the 2m tall garden side gate, whether weā€™re in our not.
(Apparently, lobing something over 2m tall gate onto concrete slabs qualifies as a safe place)

Our driver must be smart for sure, heā€™s realised that not knocking, whether weā€™re in or not, saves time when he can deliver straight to his preferred safe place.

1 Like

I hope its temporary. Hermes are the only carrier that have ever failed me and theyā€™ve done it more than once.

3 Likes

Really LH? Amount of couriers and you pick the cheapest and worst of the lot.

2 Likes

Hermes play hide and seek with your parcel, the deliver it somewhere and you have to find itā€¦
It could be within a 5mile radiusā€¦ I hope they havenā€™t changed to hermes as their service is terrible

1 Like