šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§ LoveHoney now using hermes

Oh no, really like Royal Mail as their delivery office is in the next street. :cry:

1 Like

Hermes are AWFUL.

Ours is always leaving stuff in odd places / late / lust plain missing deliveries.

A few weeks ago I had a MASSIVE go at them, the guy left a package (not LH) in the paddock next to the house (we are a farm), the 5 heifers that were in there so I could keep an eye on them managed to find and eat most of it. To top it off he didnā€™t shut the gate properly and I had a phone call from the neighbour about a half mile away saying there was a very large cow pooing on her driveway and could I come and get it?

I was seriously p*ssed off.

PLEASE donā€™t go to Hermes LH!!! I donā€™t want my animals eating sex toys :rofl:

Iā€™d rather pay an extra quid postage quite honestly. Even if you provide a slightly more expensive shipping option at checkout to use Royal Mail that would be great.

4 Likes

I noticed this too. When I ordered last week it said ā€˜Royal Mail 48ā€™ on the delivery option I chose, but it was delivered by Hermes.

In all fairness, our Hermes guys are good around here, and weā€™ve never had any problems. The package arrived the day after I ordered, despite not paying for next day delivery, so that was a bonus. I know Hermes has a bad rep though, nearly as bad as Yodelā€¦

Iā€™d feel much more comfortable if Lovehoney stuck to Royal Mail, it just feels more discreet and secure.

3 Likes

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!
Iā€™ll have to start looking in the neighbours dustbin for my orders

3 Likes

Nooo I actively avoid any retailers who use Hermes - although many off a choice now - Iā€™ll happily pay a few quid more to get DPD. It is down to your local courier. My next door neighbour used to do Hermes deliveries - if they donā€™t deliver the item they donā€™t get paid for that item - hence them always just leaving it and taking a photo.

John Lewis started using them too - but thereā€™s been such a backlash theyā€™re looking elsewhere again Iā€™m heardā€¦.

You get what you pay for - Hermes is cheapā€¦.they expect ridiculous amounts of deliveries from thier couriers and this means corners are cut!

4 Likes

If it helps and I shouldnā€™t get told to remove it but LH do now officially sell through Amazon, not all products are there yet, saw it earlier and should get delivered via Amazon driver, not Hermes since LH will have stock in Amazon warehouse as thatā€™s a requirement if youā€™re selling on there.

Pic to prove it.

3 Likes

Looks like eBay too

2 Likes

I dislike Hermes ALOT. My prescription service used to send medication through them for delivery and we caught him on CCTV throw package in a bush in the pouring rain as he was too lazy to knock on the door.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve just placed an order and the tracking code is for Hermes.

It does seem to depend on the driver you get. Weā€™re lucky as our one is really nice and every delivery is on time and never had an issue. But heard of plenty of complaints from other areas.

I ordered something on Wednesday and still got it delivered next day by Royal mail.
If it does change to hermes, I currently donā€™t mind as my driver is really good with my parcels, Iā€™m lucky because previous drivers have been horrendous with throwing parcels over a 6 foot gate and not notifying me of the delivery, so parcels got left out in the rain.

Our Hermes drivers currently abandon parcels on the front doorstep if no-oneā€™s home. In full view of anyone walking past. In any weather.

Iā€™ve found their customer services really frustrating too in the past.

Our RM posties by contrast, are all amazing. Consistent as clockwork. The parcel tracking is easy to manage too. If I know Iā€˜ll be out, the local sub-post office can hold the parcel for me.

I really really donā€˜t enjoy the thought of Hermes delivering my toys :confused:

2 Likes

Oh no! Please, please no. I would have hoped LH would consider their level of customer service before going into business with Hermes.

Might be jumping the gun slightly, but I will be seriously considering shopping elsewhere if confirmed that Hermes is the selected courier.

4 Likes

Nooooooo my last hermes delivery waited in for time slot had said if I wasnā€™t in to leave it in the porchā€¦sat by the window for the whole of the time slotā€¦
Nothing

Went upstairs to get my phone as it was chargingā€¦message from hermesā€¦

We have delivered your parcel here is proof of deliveryā€¦photo of a parcel in a porch (BUTā€¦not my porch)

Hunt the neighbourhood for a house with a porchā€¦another time left behind my binā€¦
But it was neighbours binā€¦another time a huge bag of dog biscuitsā€¦like huge left at the side of my binā€¦not my order have no dog.
Had to go to the next street same house number and they came and staggered off with it.

Hear so many stories and 90% of the time itā€™s hermes.

Never had a problem yet with Royal Mailā€¦fingers crossed Lovehoney keep up customer satisfaction with delivery as well as the products.

2 Likes

I find this disturbing. So it sounds like you canā€™t even trust LH to deliver by who they say it will. Very very worrying. Hope LH clear this all up quickly and stop using Hermes, otherwise I too will have to look elsewhere.

3 Likes

Hate Hermes.
Ordered some leather trousers @ over Ā£200, the A-holes just left them on my doorstep.
Seriously peed off, could`ve been nicked.

1 Like

I find it a little disturbing that LH have not commented on this article, so many customers with concerns. Is the move something to do with recent company mergers. @Lovehoney_Brenna @lovehoney_customerservice

3 Likes

@steve19 in fairness it has been the weekend and I believe Brenna has had annual leave too.

2 Likes

Good point @Mrs.John I suspect it will be the company trying to improve there margins when offering free postage.

Hey! :slight_smile: I have forwarded your feedback along to the team!

17 Likes

Welcome back @Lovehoney_Brenna! Hope you had a nice few days off :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks for passing the Hermes feedback along!

1 Like