'Luxury' Sex Toys for the Extremely Rich

I'm sure whoever is lucky enough to to test them will let you know. 😊

kittencub wrote:

Call me a party pooper, but the coco de mer, love eggs, it's not silicone on them it's cheap nasty red string, sorry but for that price it's shocking. A glass dildo over a 100 pounds, it's the same as the basic ones.

It seems to be very well annealed from the short examination I gave it, where as the cheaper ones aren't. I think it could be sold for less, but unfortunately fantastic quality and labels don't come cheap!

I don't have the love eggs, but I do agree about the string! Should be better for the price.

Coco de Mer is like the Christian Louboutin of sex toys. You pay extra for the designer and for the name really. Even if something is cheaper to produce you need to stick in your guide prices. If Louboutin started to sell a heel for £50 you'd automatically think its a knock off, its damaged or that something is just plain wrong.

Coco de Mer is stunning, if I had the disposable income I would totally buy something. Sadly I don't so unless I win the lottery it's just going to be a dream.

Laveila wrote:

fizzy wrote:

they do look good but i don't get the luxury sex toy thing, saying that i've never used one. I carn't imagine spending a lot of money on one.

luxury toys here are usually recahargeable, which saves you money in the longer run, they tend to have more speeds and functions and other features too. One thing I adore about my Lelo Siri and Gigi or Zini Zook is the fact I can choose speed even for patterns, not just for continuous vibrations. handy, at times.

Those I can understand.

kittencub wrote:

Call me a party pooper, but the coco de mer, love eggs, it's not silicone on them it's cheap nasty red string, sorry but for that price it's shocking. A glass dildo over a 100 pounds, it's the same as the basic ones.

I must admit I do question the hygiene of the red string.

Will definitely be keeping an eye out for the review on the eggs. Genuinely had not even thought about the string until someone had pointed it out earlier. How on earth can it be safe and hygienic? Ew

kittencub wrote:

Laveila wrote:

fizzy wrote:

they do look good but i don't get the luxury sex toy thing, saying that i've never used one. I carn't imagine spending a lot of money on one.

luxury toys here are usually recahargeable, which saves you money in the longer run, they tend to have more speeds and functions and other features too. One thing I adore about my Lelo Siri and Gigi or Zini Zook is the fact I can choose speed even for patterns, not just for continuous vibrations. handy, at times.

Those I can understand.

I think there's a difference between high-quality toys that cost a high(er) price and ridiculous, superfluous luxury. Gold and Diamonds on a vibrator with motor and battery that will fail sooner or later? Well, I guess the recycling company might be happy...

I'm all in favour of well-made toys, I'm even prepared to buy them at 40 % off (a Rave is on its way) but I'd never spend hundreds or thousands on some ridiculous gimmick.

RosyCheek wrote:

Coco de Mer is like the Christian Louboutin of sex toys. You pay extra for the designer and for the name really. Even if something is cheaper to produce you need to stick in your guide prices. If Louboutin started to sell a heel for £50 you'd automatically think its a knock off, its damaged or that something is just plain wrong.

Coco de Mer is stunning, if I had the disposable income I would totally buy something. Sadly I don't so unless I win the lottery it's just going to be a dream.

Definitely true. I was not interested into Coco De Mer until I actually visited the store in London and now I loved the brand!

Also talking about expensive.. the golden nell... oooohhhh http://www.coco-de-mer.com/products/coco-de-mer-nell-pleasure-seed-rechargeable-vibrator/

Lovehoney - Paige wrote:

Also talking about expensive.. the golden nell... oooohhhh http://www.coco-de-mer.com/products/coco-de-mer-nell-pleasure-seed-rechargeable-vibrator/

Have they ever sold a single one of these? Because that's the worst rip-off and the crassest example of taking one's customers for idiots that I've ever seen! One ounce of gold is currently worth around £ 900 - and I don't believe that there's more than a single ounce of gold - most probably far, far less as gold plating can be incredibly thin. So, given that the silicone vibrator is sold for £ 160 - where do the £ 12,000 come from?

BS lilke that makes me avoid a brand/shop on principle. Pity, some of the lingerie is quite nice and I've been looking for silk pyjamas for a while...

I think it's more of a luxury gift Talia. If you have that much money to spend on a vibrator I doubt you would need to consider whether your getting value for money.