Luxury toys

Are luxury sex toys really worth the price? I'm thinking about buying the swan trumpeter when I have the money but I'm not all that sure..

They definitely are. Usually the vibrations are stronger if its a vibrator, and the general build quality is better. You dont get seams or any rattly bits! Plus most of them are rechargeable which is a bonus.

Some of them even come with long warrenties because they know they are built to last so shouldnt damage easily.

They definitely are. Usually the vibrations are stronger if its a vibrator, and the general build quality is better. You dont get seams or any rattly bits! Plus most of them are rechargeable which is a bonus.

Some of them even come with long warrenties because they know they are built to last so shouldnt damage easily.

I collect Lelo and JimmyJane products, I've personally found that the quality makes it worth the cost, most luxury sex toy brands offer great warranties and guarantees. Lelo offer a warranty that lasts 10 years :) With Lovehoney's no quibble returns policy, you can always return it for a refund if it doesn't meet your expectations within 365 days :)

Hmm, well it is my birthday in two weeks so there's no harm in treating myself, right?

Kittycat102 wrote:

Hmm, well it is my birthday in two weeks so there's no harm in treating myself, right?

Definitely no harm in treating yourself! Enjoy :)

Kittycat102 wrote:

I would wait a while then! Pretty sure you get a discount code when its coming up to your birthday!

I definitely think it's worth paying for mid-range toys instead of just cheap ones, but you don't necessarily need to go for luxury brands to get a good quality toy and the brand name doesn't guarantee that the toy will be great (saying that, I love the look of the Swans and I'm saving up my oh points for the kissing Swan rabbit).

I recently bought the Tenga minamo (which retails for £79.99) and I was really disappointed with it as it only has 3 speeds and one pattern and I found the vibrations to be buzzy. I've also tried the L'amourose rosa which costs £129.99 and wasn't very impressed with it. It's not a bad toy, but it didn't do much for me. I have a couple of other luxury toys which I still need to try properly though, so as yet I'm still undecided - I may just have been unlucky the past couple of times. Fortunately, lovehoney has an excellent returns policy though, so you're not stuck with an expensive ornament if you try a luxury toy and don't like it.

Generally when it comes to toys I look for something rechargeable and made from the safest possible materials, which to my understanding are pure silicone, stainless steel or glass (although I will use ABS plastic toys for external use). This means I end up paying a bit more for my toys but it doesn't need to be a luxury brand. I've found FSOG and Tracey Cox toys to be excellent and the TC rabbit is one of my favourites.

When it comes to kegel balls, I'd definitely recommend the luxury brands. I have the LELO Noir ones and the Je Joue Ami + and they're miles better than the Swoon ones I tried and only a little more expensive.

Sorry for the essay - ask away if you have any more questions!

Yeah I saw the discount, I activated it already and it's valid until midnight when my birthday ends

Ruby Red Slippers wrote:

I definitely think it's worth paying for mid-range toys instead of just cheap ones, but you don't necessarily need to go for luxury brands to get a good quality toy and the brand name doesn't guarantee that the toy will be great (saying that, I love the look of the Swans and I'm saving up my oh points for the kissing Swan rabbit).

I recently bought the Tenga minamo (which retails for £79.99) and I was really disappointed with it as it only has 3 speeds and one pattern and I found the vibrations to be buzzy. I've also tried the L'amourose rosa which costs £129.99 and wasn't very impressed with it. It's not a bad toy, but it didn't do much for me. I have a couple of other luxury toys which I still need to try properly though, so as yet I'm still undecided - I may just have been unlucky the past couple of times. Fortunately, lovehoney has an excellent returns policy though, so you're not stuck with an expensive ornament if you try a luxury toy and don't like it.

Generally when it comes to toys I look for something rechargeable and made from the safest possible materials, which to my understanding are pure silicone, stainless steel or glass (although I will use ABS plastic toys for external use). This means I end up paying a bit more for my toys but it doesn't need to be a luxury brand. I've found FSOG and Tracey Cox toys to be excellent and the TC rabbit is one of my favourites.

When it comes to kegel balls, I'd definitely recommend the luxury brands. I have the LELO Noir ones and the Je Joue Ami + and they're miles better than the Swoon ones I tried and only a little more expensive.

Sorry for the essay - ask away if you have any more questions!

Hmm interesting. Like you say, if I don't like it then I can always return it. I've never tried kegel balls so I don't know what they're like anyway. I do have a rechargeable bullet though, the silencer. I love it and it's amazing for me. So I do understand that paying a lot of money for something doesn't necessarily mean it's gonna be amazing. But I'm just curious and want to see what they're like

Not all the time, no. I've had some really, really awful toys from luxury brands (Lelo have been particularly bad with this, in my experience, and Jimmyjane), and a lot of previous markers for luxury toys like silicone over porous materials like rubber and rechargeability over batteries as a power source are becoming more widespread all the time.

...having said that, I've not heard any bad things from anyone regarding Swan vibes - their stuff seems so be uniformly powerful and high-quality, which is great! I have the Eternal Swan from them and the vibrations are great. Plus there's the returns policy if it doesn't work out.

sleepycelia wrote:

...having said that, I've not heard any bad things from anyone regarding Swan vibes - their stuff seems so be uniformly powerful and high-quality, which is great! I have the Eternal Swan from them and the vibrations are great. Plus there's the returns policy if it doesn't work out.

Swan vibes are great (well, the one I have the pleasure to own is, anyway) but even this company can let you down from time to time - The Clutch Swan is just... well, to put it politely, it is not a very good product.

In my experience, most luxury toys are pretty good (they tend to be made from platinum grade silicone, they are usually rechargeable and a lot of them are also submersible) but sometimes you just come across something that does not work for you. With the Lovehoney returns policy, however, they are definitely worth buying. It is very likely you buy something you will love and if you, by any chance, encounter something that turns out to be a big disappointment, you can send it back and get something that will do the trick!

Briona87 wrote:

sleepycelia wrote:

Swan vibes are great (well, the one I have the pleasure to own is, anyway) but even this company can let you down from time to time - The Clutch Swan is just... well, to put it politely, it is not a very good product.

In my experience, most luxury toys are pretty good (they tend to be made from platinum grade silicone, they are usually rechargeable and a lot of them are also submersible) but sometimes you just come across something that does not work for you. With the Lovehoney returns policy, however, they are definitely worth buying. It is very likely you buy something you will love and if you, by any chance, encounter something that turns out to be a big disappointment, you can send it back and get something that will do the trick!

Well I want the trumpeter and it sounds and looks really good :)

I was given my lelo as a gift. I doubt I would have paid that much on my own TBH because my "go to" for solo play is a mid range priced rabbit. But it is well made and obviously worth the coin. I think more important than price is understanding what stimulates your body the best from functionality of vibrations, where the toy hits... i.e. clit, g spot, anal, etc. And also size if toy is important to me as well. One of the reasons I adore Lovehoney is the real people reviews. I reviewed the lelo here if you want it is easily found off my profile vs. Me repeating what's up elsewhere.

Don't get your hopes up, I caution.
I agree with whats been said above- mid range toys are they way to go. I'll definitely vouch for the Tracy Cox rabbit if you want something of that nature.

But. I"ve had a bunch of luxury toys and my general feel to them is disappointment. Lelo Mona Wave? Meh. Rosa? Meh. We Vibe? Okay, I love my 4+ but the lower models are not good!

Luxury brands are all about branding and packaging. Honestly. If you look on some sites you can actually find luxury toys in a non branded form for less, just because they've whipped of the branding.

By all means if you're able, splash out and treat yourself, because like others you may find it amazing. Just, dont be hoping for something magical, because you might be upset otherwise.

They are 100% worth it! More so if you like a style of toy (say the rabbit vibes or clut vibes...etc... Then it's worth buying a luxury version. They are almost always rechargable too x

Happy Rabbit is the greatest toy in the world. Ok not one of the most expensive but i will never be able to afford on of them anyway!

Definitely worth it.I have some Lelo and Fun Factory products and I do see a difference.My Fun Factory Amorino is my fave vibrator.Hits the G spot perfectly and the silicone is great! ![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)

We have several Lelo toys all of which are great we also have We-vibe and other big named products, So yes I would defiantly recommend them.

I think you do get what you pay for in general, but there are exceptions. Most expensive toys I have tried I have loved, but there has been the odd one that has left me cold. I would say it's definitely worth investing if it's something you really want - at least if you splash out and don't like it you can return it.