Male pubic hair removal

Just lately I have been receiving a lot of adverts for pubic hair removal creme on social media.

It’s almost as if they can read my mind, as I don’t think you could invent a more awkward shape (or more sensitive place) to shave than male genitals, and I really need a better way of doing it than struggling on with an electric trimmer/shaver.

So I would like to hear other people’s experience of hair removal creme, or any other advice they may have.

1 Like

Many threads on here to search up,

But my quick input: many electric (safe) shavers to use, I personally recommend the Braun body groom. I don’t believe the hype of the ‘lawn mower’ advertising being pushed everywhere

I’ve done veet before… works fine but make sure you use sensitive areas stuff and be careful of timings (10 mins max for me)

Lately me and Mrs have moved onto home IPL (use the braun brand again) and I only have paise for it sofar!

I used the hair removal cream and it’s brilliant.
Can’t face shaving / trimming again after clipping there before and it hurt so much, and kept bleeding, as I always knocked it.
10 mins of the cream is enough to take it all off, just use a plain soap in the shower as it does sting if not plain.

Creams can burn like Hell, so be careful, now I just use a razor and a good shaving gel ever 2 or 3 days while in the shower, takes minutes and as I am doing it regular … no bad itching

1 Like

Here is one of many threads . My opinion is included there . Hair removal cream (intimate area 😉)

I have used

Creams:- even the ‘sensitive’, ones caused severe chemical burns.

Electric razors:- poor results with girsnripped out and bleeding patches.

Waxing:- ingrowing hairs and skin bumps

Home IPL:- ineffective even after long term use.

I now shave my whole body apart from lower arms and legs using a Gillette 5 bladed razor with micro-pulses (vibrations). I shave every 3 or 4 days.

I happily trim mine with an electric trimmer on the 6mm attachment so it’s not fully smooth that it causes irritation but short enough to feel fresh :relieved:
Then My balls I shave in the shower.

I’ve known a few guys to use veet cream which they like for there areas but I personally wouldn’t attempt it as I’m prone to ingrown hairs and many guys when they go fully smooth get rashes and spots.

I have mine waxed, it lasts OK with return visits every 6 weeks. I have tried creams that were hit and miss on what hairs they would target. I have also shaved and also plucking however the waxing is the simplest hassle free way.
If your worried about discomfort then personally I dont find it hurts, this may be down to the professionalism of the waxer though.

1 Like

I tried creams - major burning!! Like others, i use a 5 bladed razor every few days, keeps me beach ready!
Use Nair on my legs and chest though, works a treat once a week.
Im interested in the ipl thing too, do you all use it on intimate areas?

I have to say that some of these replies to my post sound horrific.

I was really hoping the creme would solve it, but I will give that a miss. As for razors with blades: that is an accident waiting to happen, and even if it is a small one, it’s enough for me to give it a miss. And I just can’t get my head around waxing if it includes balls.

In the end, I am just too impatient and squeamish, so I will have to persevere with the electric trimmer/shaver, but it’s such a palaver.

My husband trims his bush down to shaveable length then I shave him smooth. He keeps me smooth as well from spring to autumn. We usually shave every few days to scrape the stubble and we alway apply a moisturiser afterwards.

I use a hair trimmer to do the main bulk & do my balls and shaft with a wet shave. I prefer a slight stubble on my pubic area and clean shaven main appliance :rofl:

I have always kept myself hair free in my groin and I shave. After a wile you don’t get the bumps and rash you just have to keep at it!!

I use a good shaving gel with venus blades but only use them once I suppose its all depending how thick the hair is and re growth I am very hairy that’s why i use the razor once

I use IPL on full brozillian. - pubes, shaft, balls and butt.

its a slow and steady home treatment, but im 4+ months in and now on the once a month lasering, im pretty much hairless on the pubes butt and shaft, just the balls taking longer due to darker skin. IMO its the best thing ive ever done for hair removal

I’ve mentioned my grooming elsewhere.

… I tweeze. Yip, tweezers, one by one …

It started a few years ago. I’d be watching tele at home (alone - daytime, different work schedules). The initial goal was to remove hairs around the base of my shaft, to show off more length.

The next day I’d yank out more … and more … and kept going until I finally had basically nothing but short regrowth.

Today all I have to do is pluck out regrown hairs around my shaft every few days, and grab any hairs that have got a little long. The whole shaft is bare, everything else very lightly covered with hairs no more than about 2cm long.

I’ve found showering well first, including an exfoliating scrub/shower-puff has really helped avoid ingrown hairs etc. I barely have any issues.

1 Like

Ouch :grimacing::grimacing:… Fair play though!!!

1 Like

Laser here! I go to a cosmetic dermatologist. Full brazilian (pubes, balls, shaft, and all the way up the booty crack). Doesn’t hurt (all that bad). Balls are a little feisty but thats because that hair is blonder than the rest for me. I’ve heard mixed reviews on the at-home IPL, so I just stuck with a clinic. It’s fantastic. I’m about 7 or 8 sessions in and the hair has just about stopped growing. I’m actually shocked at how much of a life improvement it’s been for me, especially on my butt.

Purely in the interests of research I tried one of these crystal hair erasers this morning.
Fortunately I tried it on my arm first. It did remove the hair eventually but it’s also removed patches if skin and left most of my arm red and blotchy. There will definitely be scabs. I did the other arm with the razor.

My husband didn’t even trim or shave when we got together over 20 years ago and he had a lot of pubic hair. He did start to trim and then shave and at some point a long time ago shaved it all off which he really preferred and maintained. He started to get it waxed for a while but then decided to get it lasered about 2-3 years ago. He did about 8 treatments and has been completely smooth since then.

2 Likes