Mantric Vibrator Won't Charge (glows white)

I brought the vibrator just over 2 years ago, the rabbit pink one. I haven’t used it in a while, and I haven’t used it often so its not a case of over use.

I have been charging it for over 5 hours now and it still is completely dead. It just keeps glowing white on charge. Half an hour ago i unplugged it and tried it, just hoping for some kind of vibration, even if it was on low battery. But it gave a long pause followed by two quick vibrations to show that it was dead.

I store it in a box away from harsh temperatures and I dont know whats wrong with it.

Has anyone else got experience with mantric vibrators?

Ah, that’s disappointing.

It may be that the battery has drained too much if you’ve not used it for awhile. Rechargeable batteries need a regular recharge to keep them up and running (generally about once every two to three months).

It’s possible that it just needs a really big recharge, so leaving it for 24 hours can sometimes help?

And make sure you remember how to turn it on and get it going. I thought one of my expensive ones had bricked it, but it turned out I’d forgotten how to press which buttons in the right order. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you. I’m hoping it just needs a big charge and hasn’t died. I haven’t been in the mood to use them last year. I have lots of rechargeable vibrators so it would be so frustrating if they’ve all died!

1 Like

I did the same with one of mine, thought I had killed it with neglect but somehow it was travel locked, ironic as I never go anywhere lockdown or not!

3 Likes

It still lights up, so that’s something. :crossed_fingers:

We’ve nominated the First Saturday of the Month as our Vibrator Maintenance Day! :tada: :slightly_smiling_face: We’ve got quite a sprawling collection, and there’s no chance we can use them all as regularly as they need to keep the batteries ticking over, so I pull them all out for a check once a month. Generally they can go 90 days or so, but there’s always one or two that need a bit of love. :slightly_smiling_face:

And the travel lock is a great shout @AmyA :+1:

2 Likes

Thats such a good idea, I love it! Thanks so much for the help!

2 Likes

Mine was on travel lock too!!

Thank you so much, I never would have realised without you!!

5 Likes

Awesome! So pleased I could help! Enjoy!!

2 Likes

I was gonna say the same - as managed to set my OHs little mini Mantric pebble to travel lock the first time I charged it! Took me age to figure out what the white light meant! Glad I managed to figure it out as she loves that toy now!

Hopefully it’s brought a small back to your face and will rekindle your urge again!

1 Like

I was just about to add it probably was on travel lock…

Glad it’s sorted!!!

1 Like

With a lot of travel locks they automatically disable when you plug them in to charge, which can be quite handy, but it’s also definitely worth making sure you still know how to turn a toy on before you write it off. It’s amazing how many different ways there are to turn a toy on (even if you don’t include the travel lock). I think I forget how to turn on the Happy Rabbit pretty much every time I take it out to charge. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

how do you turn off the travel lock? not sure if thi is the problem with mine as it doesn’t seem to be charging properly. when it cahrges is the screen meant to continuously glow or like pulse glow?

1 Like

Hello and welcome @dinoskeletons13 :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve just plugged mine in to double check, and it pulses when charging (and goes solid when full). The travel lock should automatically disengage when you plug it in to charge, but otherwise you hold the power button down for 3 seconds to turn it on/off.

The Mantrics are a bit unusual as you press the button once to turn it onto standby, and then press it again to cycle through the patterns (quick press, not long press).

Is that any help? :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: For some reason I assumed you were talking about the Mantric Realistic (I think there’s a recent topic floating about). Which model were you actually talking about? :slightly_smiling_face: