Marmite, Pickled Herring and other stuff

Ok, how do you handle marmite - or other such noxious (or adorable) substances?

What do you do if you REALLY fancy someone but they enjoy eating something that you just hate the taste of, so cannot kiss them with any degree of passion and have to resort to the kind of peck that you usually reserve for your 95 year granny with the wooden teeth!

The kind of stuff that can be really off-putting I reckon is:

Marmite

Bacon & Brown Sauce

Pickled Herring

Now fortunately both my OH and I absolutely hate Marmite, and I reserve my Rollmop eating for when I am not able to engage in any tongue gymnastics with her, but if it was an everyday habit, how can you cope? does Colgate remove all traces of Beef extract scent from the laughing gear??

*Note that I am only asking out of prior interest from years ago and have not identified a marmite eating, pickled herring crunching nymphomanic to snog, just not got anything more sexy to post right now

Throw it in the bin, again, and again, and again, and hope they get the message!! Otherwise yep it's all in the timing!!

TB

Marmite yuck- boiled up yeast from the bottom of the beer brewing vats with added salt !!

Tell them! Then lightly refuse to kiss until they brush their teeth. Don't get all evil about it though!

Ditch the Marmite or no sex!

1. I love pickled herring!!!

2. Whenever either of our mouths are less than stellarly attractive to the other, either the relevant party toddles off to clean their teeth, or else we do every other thing which isn't tonsil-related snoggage, such as

a. frottage

b. face kissing/rubbing/fondling

c. head kissing/rubbing/fondling

d. neck kissing/rubbing/fondling

e. more frottage

f. hugs

Sometimes kvetch will alert me to the fact that my mouth could do with some attention, and I wander off to clean my teeth. Sometimes kvetch tastes of cheese&onion crisps and then I won't kiss him on the mouth. There are so many other kinds of affectionate touching that we do, this has never been an issue for us.

Also, kvetch laughed when I told him I had to answer this thread, if only to say "I love pickled herring!!", to which he responded with a smile - "Yes, you do." :)

Tell me Lubyanka and Bingo is there some kind ingrediant in pickled herring that boosts sexual performance? Should i be rushing down to Lidl to buy some?

sexelle - do you know, I have no idea! I just love pickled herring. :D

You can't beat a nice jar of Picked Herring, that is what I say!

'course, talking about taste in the mouth, but these foods could have other effects as they go through the system

marmite flavoured juices .....

Well you are one damm sexy woman and Bingo - Well we have all seem the blog pics, so i think i will have to give picked herring a go xx

Hey Bingo ever thought of pickling jelly wilies

I do love a big gerkin now that i think about it

sexelle wrote:

Tell me Lubyanka and Bingo is there some kind ingrediant in pickled herring that boosts sexual performance? Should i be rushing down to Lidl to buy some?

All I can say is, it certainly doesn't seem to have any downsides in that respect.

I reckon you should stock up and feed your OH Pickled Herring and Cider xx

Why the cider, does he have to be pissed first?

Lubyank, do you like Sauerkraut and Pickled Red Cabbage as well? liking all three seem to go together in a kind of Polish way (which is why I like them I guess)

sexelle wrote:

Why the cider, does he have to be pissed first?

Nah, the cider has a good effect a little bit later on ...

mmmmmm

Bingo Caller wrote:

Lubyank, do you like Sauerkraut and Pickled Red Cabbage as well? liking all three seem to go together in a kind of Polish way (which is why I like them I guess)

opps, *Lubyanka External Media

So what happens if a woman is eating lots of pickled herring? does she taste fishy or pickley?

sexelle wrote:

So what happens if a woman is eating lots of pickled herring? does she taste fishy or pickley?

Not sure - never tasted a woman who loves eating pickled herring yet. I think I may have to make the OH a nice meal of Rollmops and mash and then find out.

Bingo Caller wrote:

does Colgate remove all traces of Beef extract scent from the laughing gear??

to be pedantic marmite is yeast extract, oxo is beef extract.

and toothpaste does get rid of the taste. i use one called eythymol which is anti septic and pink ish in colour ( v strong taste itself actullly)

Bingo Caller wrote:

sexelle wrote:

Not sure - never tasted a woman who loves eating pickled herring yet. I think I may have to make the OH a nice meal of Rollmops and mash and then find out.

In the interests of science i might down a jar of asda mixed pickle and get my OH to give me a good old licking the next day and see what he says

if women eat a lot of marmite they do have to be careful because it is a yeast product ( yeast infections could probably make it taste similar) and the fact it has a lot of salt as well

to be honest i love garlic and all the foods that are "smelly" but having a packet of chewing gum nears always an option