Marmite, Pickled Herring and other stuff

ah - a marmite eater! I thought marmite was beef and the aussie vegimite was a vegetarian version?

the best solution is to convert your main squeeze to the food you like, I reckon.

Well, how random! Do you not just clean your teeth?!

I looove vegemite but my boy hates it so I either don't eat it if I'm with him or just clean my teeth before kissing him. I'm allergic to peanuts but he loves them so he just makes sure he cleans his teeth after eating them. I don't think there's many foodstuffs that stay in your mouth after a good brushing and mouthwash.

I tend to notice smells on skin more, like garlic and curry but they don't really bother me. There's not much a shower and teethbrush won't fix!

littlebird wrote:

Well, how random! Do you not just clean your teeth?!

I looove vegemite but my boy hates it so I either don't eat it if I'm with him or just clean my teeth before kissing him. I'm allergic to peanuts but he loves them so he just makes sure he cleans his teeth after eating them. I don't think there's many foodstuffs that stay in your mouth after a good brushing and mouthwash.

I tend to notice smells on skin more, like garlic and curry but they don't really bother me. There's not much a shower and teethbrush won't fix!

I think Bingo is also concerened about the effects it has on other bodily fluids not just saliva x

Hehe hand on heart, vegemite does nowt! You would have to eat jars and jars of it to have any effect at all. It might be concentrated but you only use a teeny bit!!

I think "concerned" is a leeetle too strong, but it makes a difference to the overall "package"

Garlic is an interesting one - even when I don't know myself that I have eaten any, other people have mentioned to me I have for a couple of days after - and it is not down to not brushing my teeth - just through the pores even after a good shower (guess you know who yer friends are!)

Peanut allergy and the BF loves them? - that could be tricky if he sneaks in a cheeky Topic bar on a day out!

my oh eats pate which makes me want to be very ill. and also pickled onion crisps then again i eat pepperami which is probably made from the remnants of dog bollocks and donkey ears!

i think you should do what i do- tell him to brush his teeth and get some really strong mouthwash like listerine. theres nothing worse than mint mixed with pate though so make sure he gives them a good scrub and try and wait a while

my oh went down on me immediately after and lets say it was not pleasant stingy!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, but he's pretty good at remembering to brush before kissing me. He has been known to come and ask for a kiss in the pub before he goes to the bar so he can stuff half a bag of peanuts down his chops and not have me pouting! As he has pointed out, him eating nuts doesn't stop me putting my mouth on him!

Bacon sarnies surely not they r sooo mmmmmm but marmite and herrings yuck no chance lol i think another no no is garlic bread lol i lurv it but the OH hates it but im afraid he loves marmite which is punishment 2 me :(

when i first saw the title of this thread i thought it was from mel who had strange cravings! lol

LOVE MARMITE! its sooooo yummy.

i hate tuna and i will not go near my bloke of he eats it! yuk

just go brush teeth :) sorted :P

Dxx

Bingo Caller wrote:

Lubyanka, do you like Sauerkraut and Pickled Red Cabbage as well? liking all three seem to go together in a kind of Polish way (which is why I like them I guess)

I've never had pickled red cabbage, but I am soooo not to be trusted around sauerkraut. :)

Oh, well, one my grandfathers was polish but my overriding taste buds in operation here are Jewish, I reckon. :)

Lubyanka wrote:

Bingo Caller wrote:

Lubyanka, do you like Sauerkraut and Pickled Red Cabbage as well? liking all three seem to go together in a kind of Polish way (which is why I like them I guess)

I've never had pickled red cabbage, but I am soooo not to be trusted around sauerkraut. :)

Took me many, many years to be able to eat either again after being force-fed them as a child, but like them both now (though I cook them both in a very unconventional way which I would not force of anyone else!)

you should give the red cabbage a go

I most definitely will. :)

Bingo Caller wrote:

Lubyanka wrote:

Bingo Caller wrote:

Lubyanka, do you like Sauerkraut and Pickled Red Cabbage as well? liking all three seem to

go together in a kind of Polish way (which is why I like them I guess)

Took me many, many years to be able to eat either again after being force-fed them as a child, but like them both now (though I cook them both in a very unconventional way which I would not force of anyone else!)

you should give the red cabbage a go

heinz do a version and aldi does it as well (red cabbage)

sweetlove666 wrote:

Bingo Caller wrote:

does Colgate remove all traces of Beef extract scent from the laughing gear??

to be pedantic marmite is yeast extract, oxo is beef extract.

and toothpaste does get rid of the taste. i use one called eythymol which is anti septic and pink ish in colour ( v strong taste itself actullly)

Bovril- Beef extract as well.

TB

tallboy247 wrote:

sweetlove666 wrote:

Bingo Caller wrote:

and toothpaste does get rid of the taste. i use one called eythymol which is anti septic and pink ish in colour ( v strong taste itself actullly)

TB

dont people drink bovril?

Marmite is great!!!

Can't stand Prawn Cocktail crisps...would have to say no to anything with anyone who'd had them!! Yuck!!

Bring on the (trumpets) mouthwash!!

My ex used to hate peanut butter, and i adore it, but luckily, my OH now, likes it too, so tis all good ^_^

And so far, no worries, haven't come across the marmite issue as of yet, and hope i never do, as it's one thing i truly cannot stand, lol

x x x

sweetlove666 wrote:

tallboy247 wrote:

sweetlove666 wrote:

Bingo Caller wrote:

TB

dont people drink bovril?

They do indeed, it's a sorta paste form of oxo cubes!!!!

Tallboy

Morbidia wrote:

My ex used to hate peanut butter, and i adore it, but luckily, my OH now, likes it too, so tis all good ^_^

And so far, no worries, haven't come across the marmite issue as of yet, and hope i never do, as it's one thing i truly cannot stand, lol

x x x

The crowd goes wild !!! The princess of dark returns where has she been asks this camper!!!

Hugs TB