Marvel characters! And order to watch movies

Who’s your favourite MARVEL character and why?

So we will start I’ve recently got laura into marvel, and we where talking about our favourites and also the order to watch in I’ll post below so please correct me if I’m wrong in the order it’s chronological I think lol. Mines iron man simply because the way I see his character he’s always acts arrogant but when push comes to shove he always puts others before himself, Laura’s favourite so far is also iron man because in her words it’s the most obvious choice she’s only seen Up to Thor dark world but in this order below. Please try not to post spoilers just incase, we don’t want to spoil for anyone who hasn’t seen them.

• Captain America: The First Avenger (2011 - movie)
  • Marvel’s Agent Carter Season 1 (2015 - Marvel Television show)
  • Marvel’s Agent Carter Season 2 (2016 - Marvel Television show)
  • Captain Marvel (2019 - movie)
  • Iron Man (2008 - movie)
  • Iron Man 2 (2010 - movie)
  • The Incredible Hulk (2008 - movie)
  • Thor (2011 - movie)
  • The Avengers (2012 - movie)
  • Iron Man 3 (2013 - movie)
  • Thor: The Dark World (2013 - movie)
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014 - movie)
  • Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 1 (2013 - Marvel Television show)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy (2014 - movie)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017 - movie)
  • Daredevil Season 1 (2015 - Marvel Television show)
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015 - movie)
  • Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 2 (2014 - Marvel Television show)
  • Ant-Man (2015 - movie)
  • Jessica Jones Season 1 (2015 - TV show)
  • Daredevil Season 2 (2016 - TV show)
  • Captain America: Civil War (2016 - movie)
  • Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 3 (2015 - Marvel Television show)
  • Luke Cage Season 1 (2016 - Marvel Television show)
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017 - movie)
  • Doctor Strange (2016 - movie)
  • Black Panther (2018 - movie)
  • Iron Fist Season 1 (2017 - TV show)
  • Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 4 (2016 - Marvel Television show)
  • The Defenders Season 1 (2017 - Marvel Television show)
  • The Inhumans Season 1 (2017 - Marvel Television show)
  • Thor: Ragnarok (2017 - movie)
  • The Punisher Season 1 (2017 - Marvel Television show)
  • Jessica Jones Season 2 (2018 - Marvel Television show)
  • Luke Cage Season 2 (2018 - Marvel Television show)
  • Cloak and Dagger Season 1 (2018 - Marvel Television show)
  • The Runaways Season 1 (2017 - Marvel Television show)
  • Daredevil Season 3 (2018 - Marvel Television show)
  • The Punisher Season 2 (2019 - Marvel Television show)
  • Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 5 (2017 - Marvel Television show)
  • Iron Fist Season 2 (2018 - Marvel Television show)
  • Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018 - movie)
  • Black Widow (2021 - movie)
  • Avengers Infinity War (2018 - movie)
  • Avengers: Endgame (2019 - movie)
  • WandaVision (2021 - Disney+ TV show)
  • Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021 - movie)
  • Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019 - movie)
  • The Falcon and The Winter Soldier (2021 - Disney+ TV show)
  • Eternals (2021 - movie)
  • Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021 - movie)
  • Hawkeye (2021 - Disney+ TV show)
  • Moon Knight (2022 - Disney+ TV show)
  • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022 - movie)
  • Loki (2021 - Disney+ TV show)
3 Likes

Wolverine is my favorite, especially played by Hugh Jackman :hot_face: I always liked the X-Men franchise, and the premise behind all the characters in it is interesting to me :woman_shrugging: To be honest I haven’t seen much Marvel (or any superhero type shows/movies) :sweat_smile: The OH doesn’t really care for most Marvel (though he loves Spider Man - more the originals with Toby Maguire) as he’s more into DC :sweat_smile: Personally Tony Stark’s attitude just isn’t it for me, so even though I did like the movie (haven’t watched it a second time) I just can’t say he’s my favorite :sweat_smile: I think the OH’s favorite Marvel character would probably be Deadpool, as his humor is the same as Wade’s :woman_shrugging:, but Spider Man will probably always be his favorite :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Tom Holland obsession (as well as Tom Hardy). Tom Holland in drag especially :heart_eyes: :crazy_face:

4 Likes

My favourite? The one missing from your list.

Deadpool.

5 Likes

Very through list​:grimacing: My favorite is Captain America. Mainly as i like human based “superheroes”.

3 Likes

I quite like Loki, and the way he enjoys chaos. You can see full out fight happening and he’s just sat there enjoying the sight. But I also like when you see moments of conscience and a glimmer that there is some depth there.

To look at though, I’d go to Thor. I don’t know what it is, whether it’s the muscles, the smile, the confidence or something else but i do enjoy any film he is in!!

2 Likes

I was a fan of Dr Strange - until the last movie.
I loved his back story. Benedict plays it so well.

I guess Black Widow and her sister :wink:

3 Likes

I have missed this party, I must be the only person who can admit to saying I have never seen any of the movies. Sorry

1 Like

I have loved Batman since i was a kid. But my favourite character has always been Wolverine, since i first read X-Men comics in the 70’s. I see a lot of myself in his character! I know Hugh Jackman is too tall and good looking, but i can’t see anyone bettering him.

As for the watching order of the movies, I just watch them in the chronological order they were released, as that’s how the various storylines and characters are developed and linked.

3 Likes

Spider-Man is my second but I’ve got to be honest Toby isn’t my fav! I know people won’t like to hear it but I love Tom Holland. Lol :joy: I love the wolverine too and the xmen

1 Like

Well we’ll Steve!! I have nothing to say!! Lol :joy: laura hadn’t either until I was like come on and let’s watch it and she now loves it! I’m a hidden geek lol :nerd_face:

1 Like

Batman is the best.
The Dark Night trilogy is cinematic brilliance.

2 Likes

Yeah, hated the recent film.

1 Like

I’ve still yet to see endgame and many others of them too lol :see_no_evil:
There was a cool poster at one time of the movie order to watch them all in but that was before Disney+ started their spinoff series stuff

1 Like

I really like him too (along with catwoman :heart_eyes:), but he’s a DC character :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

2 Likes

I think me and the OH like him because he’s the most realistic and close to a “geek/nerd” out of all of them :woman_shrugging: Tom is in the middle for us, and Andrew is nowhere close for us, he’s too “model” like :sweat_smile: Same reason why I have no desire to watch Thor or Captain America, too model-like :sweat_smile:

Cool fact…when The X-Men movie Days of Future Past was released, Wolverhampton railway station was renamed Wolverine for the day, and all the signage changed!

2 Likes

Yep, Marvel obsessed here :raised_hands:t2:

Spider-Man has always been my favourite. Tom Holland smashes it for me with his energy, but I adore Andrew Garfield as well. Toby was still brill, but I do actually prefer the other two.

Iron Man a super close second - casting RDJ was just absolute perfection.

Love Thor. Love Guardians of the Galaxy. Yeahhh.

:heart:

2 Likes

Love that, I didn’t know that!

2 Likes

Me and laura and the kids watched both guardians of the galaxy today, I’m taking her through in my order lol. We are skipping the series and just doing movies :movie_camera:

2 Likes