Men - neuter at birth??

crayola wrote:

lol- roger(ette) the lodger sounds like an erotic story in the making!

Well, I won't deny that certain events that happened (and others which I would have liked to happen) do feature often as 'mental stimulation' External Media

Nope that IS their words verbatim copied and pasted from email!!! See this is what I'm up against! That was the worst but I've had dozens of emails like that or asking for sex only.

So how did you meet your OH bingo?

Hi Imelda,

Sounds like you have had quite a few total tossers email you there and gives the rest of us blokes a bad name! On the plus side, at least you haven't had to spend any real time weeding that dross out!!

FWIW, as far as I am concerned, an intelligent woman is far more attractive and sexually exciting to me then one who wants to do nothing but shag 24/7 - that would be a turn off very quickly (which may sound odd!?)

I was without a partner for quite a while and decided I needed to do something about it. So tried loads of things, such as the lonely hearts and dateline, as well as dating some friends of friends, going to clubs, etc.
Never experienced the kind of response you did, but as a bloke dating women, I guess there are far less predatory women then men who are just after sex.

But one of the things I did was to go on a radio version of a lonely hearts column. Someone who wrote in for my details then contacted me, we had a blind date and it all went from there ........ :)

imeldaimelda wrote:

Nope that IS their words verbatim copied and pasted from email!!! See this is what I'm up against! That was the worst but I've had dozens of emails like that or asking for sex only.

I cant believe that....what an idiot! I can see why you start to lose hope when you get idiots sending you messages like that.

I'm guessing you have written on your profile somwhere that you would rather not be contacted if it is purely for sex right? I mean....this probably wont stop guys trying their luck anyway but might stop 1% of guys chasing sex.

imeldaimelda wrote:

I feel I need to highlight again that this post was rather in jest and some of these responses have taken it more seriously that I intended. I um know that all men are not the same and that women are just as bad. It was a joke to neuter em all due to my crap experiences as of late. FYI Sexelle, never say someone will know when they are older, it comes across really badly.

In jest Imelda, boy o boy you just wouldn't believe how much hot water l have gotten into when my quirky sense of humour was interpreted literally - still in a job though !! We live and learn l guess.

TB

imeldaimelda wrote:

What an arse! Why those kind of people dont just sign up to the horny single fuck buddy sites in the first place is a mystery!

Bingo Caller wrote:

But one of the things I did was to go on a radio version of a lonely hearts column. Someone who wrote in for my details then contacted me, we had a blind date and it all went from there ........ :)

Aw I LOVE that story! That's great External Media I'm a romantic and love hearing how people got together. You're right I just need to keep at it and ignore the weirdos!

Yup I do put the not only sex bit in and also make sure I'm in the dating only bit. Didn't stop a couple asking if I wanted a threesome though!!! I kinda thought, like I obviously don't, because if I did, I'd advertise for that. I get some couples want to do it and cool for them, but you gotta approach the right people!

LOL TB why doesn't that surprise me? But they were missing out on your great sense of humour and fun.

I know Crayola - surely there are enough sex only sites out there???

*Imelda off back out into the scary world of dating*

imeldaimelda wrote:

I feel I need to highlight again that this post was rather in jest and some of these responses have taken it more seriously that I intended. I um know that all men are not the same and that women are just as bad. It was a joke to neuter em all due to my crap experiences as of late. FYI Sexelle, never say someone will know when they are older, it comes across really badly.

really does it? sorry i was just trying to be helpful x its just that all the women i know who are older have laughed about the things that upset them when they were in their twenties and i was under the impression that forums were for offering opinions and help, not being told when you can and cant say.

sexelle, i dont think imelda was trying to tell you what "you can and can't say" but rather saying that the statement wasn't really a good one to make. imho, the age issue is a huge generalisation and while you're obviously entitled to say what you like, people can respond to it if they so desire.

whatever, life is too short x

Thanks LF. Yeah, if you remember when you were younger sexelle, bet you hated people saying you'd understand when you were older. It'd be like be saying 'oh you're too old to understand' which would just be rude!

Take whats said on forums with a pinch of salt, look at it from two sides, and then you'll be about half way to understanding what a person actually wrote. Maybe.

crayola wrote:

Take whats said on forums with a pinch of salt, look at it from two sides, and then you'll be about half way to understanding what a person actually wrote. Maybe.

I use maybe 3 forums quite a lot - including this one, which is now my fav ;)

It is very easy to go down a discussion route which is unintended as all the nuances of body language and vocal tones are missing and smilies can only go a tiny way to replace that.

I find the fact you can never edit a post in the LH forums REALLY annoying. The amount of times I type a message in a forum and then go back and edit it - not to change what I meant, but to make it clearer - I have lost track on. and in LH that is not possible of course. External Media

Same is true in IM chat as well I reckon and is a right PITA!

crayola wrote:

Oh that's so true!

Strapon! wrote:

The problem is in my opinion....that aside from school and then university....where do you actually meet someone that you want to be with?

well tbh theres not really much choice at uni. i came here beig single and thres very few people i can associate with, as i dont do drunkards or loose morals. suppose in any walk of life theres always someone, its just finding them

I personally think uni is just about the perfect playground. Loads of people at the same age and stage in life generally speaking and privacy and total independence.

Sweetlove...make the most of it while ur there! x

I suppose it depends what course and uni you go to. If I was a female engineer I'd have loved it! But if you do a subject 'typical' of your sex, there can be less variety. Although the clubs etc make up for that a lot. Suppose the secret is to get involved in new stuff as much as poss. My friends and I are contemplating taking on a very male sport to try and find some new men now that we don't go to uni.

Lol... Imelda....what's your manly sport going to be?!

If you say Rugby, I'm going to have to crack the "hooker" pun! x