Men's Health/Sex After Vasectomy

I want to hear from people or partners about vasectomy, if you have had one and the positive or negative.
How did effect you/your partner, sex life, health or anything that might be worth knowing.

3 Likes

Iā€™d like to follow this topic too. Currently considering having the snip and would love to know peopleā€™s experience of it :grin:

3 Likes

My experience (some 40 years ago} was overwhelmingly positive.

The procedure was performed under local anaesthetic. It was painless with only a slight soreness when the anaesthetic wore off.

We had sex to orgasm the next day and from that day to this our sex life has been completely unaffected apart from the obvious benefit of not needing to worry about contraception and pregnancy.

5 Likes

Hi, It was my Husband who first suggested having a vasectomy and after being on contraception for approx 20years I felt more than ready to completely stop and honestly felt relieved.
Easy referral from husbands GP and the procedure was at a local surgery that offered the service.
I waited in the car park for him at the apt and he has told me that he didnā€™t even know that the consultant had fished one testicle until he told him but certainly felt something when the other was started upon due to slight tugging (both arenā€™t the same)
Different pain threshold for individuals.
He felt tender after but was able to walk and rested at home.
First sample test was positive,second sample test negative.
We both feel it was the right time after having our family and I personally absolutely love the feeling of being artificially hormone free!
He admits that our sex life has vamped up and I couldnā€™t be happier with us.
GP chat recommended and obviously itā€™s all up to you :raised_hands:
Give us an update later on.

2 Likes

I have no hesitation in saying for me and my wife itā€™s only been positive.

Easy appointment / referral by GP which led to appointment two weeks later.

Little injection for local anaesthetic, didnā€™t even feel it other than slight normal injection feel.

Procedure took about 15mins and nothing traumatic.

Was playing having sex couple days later.

No lasting problems

No more condoms / contraception

And far better then long term contraception and horror stories of complications / health they course.

Everything stills works as it did before :star_struck:

3 Likes

It has been only positive for us havenā€™t noticed any change and made it easier not having to worry about contraception/condoms.
The op for me was painless and very quick but every one is different was back to normal in a couple of days and all is ok still 3years on.

1 Like

Had it exactly 11 years ago (I am 45) after the birth of our daughter.

Procedure was actually fairly painful and invasive but I asked him for the guarantee that there would be no accidents! After some freezing, some snipping, he actually cauterized the ends of each snipped tube, folding them over each other, cauterizing them again and then sticking them back into the incision made on my sack. The first one was no issueā€¦ the second one hurt like hell when he turned on the burning machine. The freezing was there but there was a live nerve that when he stuck the electrode on to weld it shut was still very much alive. I felt like someone defibrillated my nuts and it fucking hurt!!

The rest was easy. 2 stiches in my sack on each side. I had some aching and general pain for a few days but was back to work after the weekend.

A fantastic part of this entire experience was the cleaning out of the ā€œtanksā€. In order to not get pregnant, you need to drain every last soldier out of the reserves. And the doctor made it very clear that the more ejaculations, the betterā€¦ So off I went and probably had the best sex ever. Blow jobs, hand jobs, every time I could spare some time I was purging.

No PIV cumming until the test came back negative. Funniest part was when you had to blow your load into a cup and take it to drop off at the testing lab. Looking the receptionist in the eye when you hand her a still warm cup of baby batter ā€¦ she knewā€¦and smiled appropriately. I tested negative my first shot and was off to the races. No kids since then, no scares eitherā€¦

I would highly recommend it especially for the work of injections, pills, etc. that our ladies have to go through. No condoms and no pulling out. I canā€™t comment on how it feels to take a load inside your vagina but my wife loves it when I come inside her. I still have this nagging thought about ā€œWhat ifā€¦?ā€ but so far so good.

I often wonder why, if child birth is so terrible, why many women have more than one. Unrelated, I would totally have a vasectomy again if it ended up the way this one did. Some pain for a fantastic gain! Go get it done dudesā€¦!

3 Likes

100% positive here too.

@valbowski77 . I have to say , my experience was the complete opposite of yours.
I went in to day surgery and got general anesthetic. Doc said he prefered a patient knocked outā€¦did a Bi- lateral vasectomy, which i believe is well trusted
Only took about 20 mins and i never felt a thing.
Back home same day.
Bit of an ache for a day or two, but that was itā€¦yours sounded horrendous!!!

Iā€™ve had one 14 years ago, no effect to sex drive, saves the planet :rofl::rofl::rofl: no condoms / pills for the OH

My husband had a vasectomy over three weeks ago now and I havenā€™t posted about this as of yet but letā€™s just say he was one of the unfortunate 2/1000 that had serious complications.

His surgery was under general (his request) and he woke feeling a bit sore but generally ok. However his consultant said he may need to return for ā€˜drainingā€™ due to abnormal swelling.

The first few days he spent in bed with ice and pain killers then we ended up in accident and emergency as the swelling was extreme - it was pretty scary.

He was then admitted to a surgical ward where they gave him antibiotics, strong pain killers, and a lengthy doctors note and was instructed to have complete bed rest.

So after a fortnight or so of literally being unable to walk around due to the extreme pain heā€™s finally back on his feet and a lot more comfortable.

The swelling has finally started to reduce in one side but not the other. The extreme bruising has now gone but he is still waiting for some of the stitches to heal properly and we are keeping a close eye on the site.

Needless to say he doesnā€™t feel like being romantic and we are still both rather shocked by the whole ordeal. I only hope that the procedure was successful as weā€™ve yet to cross that bridge.

Good luck, I feel massively guilty that my husband ever endured this procedure.

2 Likes

Oh wow, nothing like that for meee, bless his cotton socks. Iā€™m sure you can kiss it better once heā€™s feeling better :wink::wink:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that @FortySomethingWife

Hubby had his a few months ago and hes due to have his test in the next week or so to check it worked!

No problems for him - he was awake and didnt feel anything other than pulling and said he could smell burning. He needed a few days rest, and the bruises looked awful, but 10 days later they were gone and he was better.

First sex post snip was very gentle as I was worried about hurting him, but things have returned to normal since then (and hes even been treated to a fleshlight to help get all of his pipes clean!)

Fingers crossed the test comes back negative so we can stop using condoms!

3 Likes

@WelshDragonette pipe cleaner :laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

@FortySomethingWife bless him thats shocking. Do they know why his body did that?
Mr John actually took his own stitches out (because they felt tight :flushed:).
Was only out of action for a few days.

We donā€™t know - what we do know is the consultant apologized ā€¦ this seems to me like some sort of error may have been made.

2 Likes

Your poor husband @FortySomethingWife, I hope he makes a full recovery.

Hope you follow up on this. If the consultant has apologised then imo theyā€™ve accepted the blame for the side effects that has happened.

Hope your OH makes a fully recovery :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My husband had his last September. I dropped him off and 15 mins later he was ringing to say it was done, I couldnā€™t believe how quick it was.

He had a day of doing very little and only need pain killers for the first day. He did have some pain on and off for a few months after but luckily itā€™s all stopped and everything is back to normal.

It hasnā€™t changed our sex life in any way and everything is the same for him it just means I can be contraceptive free after nearly 20 years of taking the pill :raised_hands:

2 Likes

It was a positive experience mainly for us. Saying that it needing doing twice as it didnā€™t work first time. Make sure he has tight pants and pain relief as needed
Itā€™s been a couple of years now and now we can ā€œplayā€ without worry. There is no fear of pregnancy and therefore no fear of miscarriage, so I have complete trust and can just enjoy, no hormones for me either.

2 Likes