Moar Reactions!

At the moment we only have a small selection of Reactions we can add to posts:

Is it possible @Lovehoney_Brenna to add some more…? :slight_smile: :pray:

I was thinking of possibly these:

:star_struck::hugs::100::lh_heart_purple::partying_face::gimp:

What do you reckon? And does anyone else have any suggestions?

11 Likes

I can’t think what situation would call for the Gimp reaction, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t tempted… :gimp:

5 Likes

Would be great if you could turn the purple heart to red for LH :grin:

:heart_on_fire: think this would be good too

I think we should avoid adding in too many as we don’t want things to become too crowded, so, if we were going to ditch any of the current reactions - which one(s) should it be?

Which reaction (if any) should get the boot?
  • :+1:
  • :joy:
  • :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • :clap:
  • :pleading_face:
  • None! I love them all

0 voters

Also, do we dedicate precious reaction real estate to the gimp emoji? :gimp:
  • Yes!
  • No!

0 voters

1 Like

I would very much like the hug emoji :hugs: or :people_hugging: added. There are lots of situations where I think someone just needs a hug. The sad emoji is not always helpful as you want to make the person feel better but liking their post seems wrong. So I’d like the hug most please and if we have to lose one to add it, can we lose the thumbs up as a heart works pretty much as well there.

6 Likes

I’m just not a fan of the thumbs up emoji in general.

But agree with @Peitho I would much rather offer a :people_hugging: over :pleading_face:.

3 Likes

Absolutely agree with a hug emoji! :people_hugging:

And I don’t really see the thumbs up get much use, and mostly it’s done passive-aggressively, at least the ones I’ve seen are :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Discord and Facebook messenger have expanded reaction lists.

With Messenger you got your top/usual 6, but then a plus button where you can pick from hundreds of others. It gives you way way way more choices but the user interface isn’t cluttered with literally hundreds of emojis/reactions

Discord does something similar, but those who know discord also know that you can customize the emojis and so you basically have a near infinite list after your 10-20 ‘frequently used’ list

I am not sure about the programing this forum is using (i know nothing about programing and emojis/reactions outside of the user experience) @Lovehoney_Brenna, but would it possible to do an expandable emoji/reaction system similar to what messenger and discord use?

1 Like

I think you could absorb another line of them really easily, so there’s no need to take any out. :+1: This is what a much more stacked one could look like:

I did put the red one in first :lovehoney_heart:, then thought it looked too similar to the :heart: so swopped it out for the purple Lovehoney one :lh_heart_purple: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

For me pesonally I would love to see :fire: added or :hugs:

3 Likes

@Lovehoney_Brenna i think we all know the gimp would be used often especially in the BDSM threads.

1 Like

Its interesting how people use emojis and what their interpretations are. I would use the gimp emoji for when I’m deliberately shutting up, so I guess that would be passive aggressive for me and really defeats the purpose of me shutting up :rofl:

1 Like

How do they look when multiple reactions are added on a post? Do they all line up and make things cramped down here?

1 Like

You only get the latest/top three visible, and the rest tuck away to be viewed when you click on them:

And the phone version:

1 Like

Alright, I’m sold - we can have another row :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That clearly calls for a :partying_face: reaction. I’ll have to come back and add it later. :slight_smile:

Haha!! How come I don’t have a gimp mask on my general emoji keyboard !!! :joy:

I say we replace the thumbs up emoji with @Lovehoney_Brenna emoji giving a thumbs up :smile: