Morally Wrong?

Let me start this by saying I'm not a sleazy creep.

Lets say I was hypothetically at my sister-in laws last weekend and we all ended up having a drink and staying the night, Me and the wife.

She has a bathroom that is all in one, so toilet, shower, bath.. all in the same room. Long story short the sister in-law had a shower and left her clothes on the floor, stop judging me!

Hypothetically, If I was to smell the knickers would that be really bad? I feel its morally wrong but also it wouldnt hurt anyone. Is that a massive invasion of privacy?

Also I realise - 'Let me start this by saying I'm not a sleazy creep' is exactly something a sleazy creep would say >.<

Yeah, you probably shouldn't do that again. Or tell anyone.

Hypothetically :P

First of all, the way you word your posts always makes me chuckle, in a good way. By saying I am not a sleazy creep first off just gave me the biggest grin becuase I was so on edge to read the rest of your post.

So anyway, back to your point. So.. do you fancy the sister in law? Is that why you would hypotetically sniff her knickers? Maybe not so much worried about the invasion of privacy on her end because I guess what she doesn't know wouldn't hurt her (and you wouldn't catch me leaving my dirty knickers around for people to see..or smell lol) but maybe i'd be more concious of how shitty that might make your wife feel? ... hypotetically speaking.

Hypotetically speaking by doing so, you wouldn't have hurt anyone and no one knew but maybe not make a habit of it!

That's just my two sence anyway... and now I am imagining my husband sniffing my sisters pants... hypotetically! I am not a fan of that!

I wouldn’t hypothetically do that again... I do think it’s a bit of an invasion of privacy as she isn’t aware. Ask yourself if she’d be uncomfortable if she knew about it and I think you have the answer :)

To cut things short, I would say if you have to ask whether actions done or hypothetical are wrong then 99% of the time something wouldn’t be right. If someone was sniffing your partners knickers how would you feel? And if someone sniffed yours without consent how would that make you feel?. We all have urges and temptations which lead us down the wrong party on occasions so don’t beat yourself up about it, but I would say it’s an invasion of privacy, trust and would probably upset your partner if caught. Also don’t get carried away with the fantasy and just kind of forget it happened. We let this sort of stuff consume us and things evolve into something bigger such as starting to get attracted to someone else etc and it can get messy.

I would not be happy in the slightest if I was on the receiving end of this especially if it was hypothetically a family member too.

Just because she left her clothes on the floor of her own bathroom is not an invitation for an invasion of privacy.

If we played by these rules, I would know why my husband often leaves his stuff on the floor, there I was thinking he was just too lazy to use the washing basket!

Also, on the other hand, if my husband did this I would be so embarrassed/annoyed and pissed off, however, I know he would not.

I'm not a fan of judging people, nor am I a fan of hurting people. So you do what you wanna do, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

I would not be happy in the slightest if I was on the receiving end of this especially if it was hypothetically a family member too.

Just because she left her clothes on the floor of her own bathroom is not an invitation for an invasion of privacy.

If we played by these rules, I would know why my husband often leaves his stuff on the floor, there I was thinking he was just too lazy to use the washing basket!

Also, on the other hand, if my husband did this I would be so embarrassed/annoyed and pissed off, however, I know he would not.

+1

Much agree with Leanne, I'm afraid.

It's such a personal thing to invade, especially when it's not your OH's stuff!!

I would have done the same. Hypothetically

I feel it's an invasion of privacy and also overstepping the boundaries in a sister in law/ brother in law relationship.

Even hypothetically , if my husband had done this I would be bloody furious and if I was on the receiving end of a family member doing it to me I'd feel totally embarressed.

Wow that's some strong opinions, being an upstanding all round good guy obviously I didn't and if I find myself in a similar situation, Ill be able to feel most of you staring directly into my soul. I've got some more hypothetical situations, this is fun lol x

Hypothetically... it's a big no.

Well over stepped, think you need to have a word with both of them tbh

Ignore these people. If she doesnt know. Whats the harm. Its a peice of clothing. End of.

Trine wrote:

I've got some more hypothetical situations, this is fun lol x

Go carefully, this could quickly get into trolling territory.

I have to admit I'm not sure what trolling is so I'll stop now, I thought it was insulting someone :/ I do like a good controversial forum is all and hearing both sides to a problem x

See rule no1 for details: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/forum-rules/

Of course, we are all different so there will all always be controversial topics and opinions.

But your comment led me to believe you may be posting many topics like this to get a strong emotional response and not for actual advice- which is a trolling environment.

All up to speed :) I'm stuck at my desk atm due to surgery urgg I'm so bored.

I think anyone should feel like people are staring directly into their souls if they do anything which is deemed invasive and could cause upset or harm to others. The forums have a strong opinion with consent and a happy and healthy sex life. So you will get quite blunt answers with questions like above.