Movies for lockdown 3.0

My OH and I love to curl up on the sofa with a cuppa and a good movie so I’m looking for suggestions of what to watch next! What have you enjoyed watching recently? I’m not a fan of “touching” or “tear jerking films” more of an action kind of girl but open to suggestions :grin:

Joker was good if you’ve not seen it yet

2 Likes

ooohh! I haven’t, I forgot about that. Thanks!

1 Like

Enjoyed Knives Out recently but not really seen many new films due to Covid! Plenty of classics to rewatch though!

4 Likes

We saw that recently too, loved it!

1 Like

Extraction is a good film for some take your brain out entertainment, don’t bother with that tenet, was so over complicated

2 Likes

I was waiting for Tenet to be streaming to rent, as i may need to watch it twice to understand it!

2 Likes

I’ve not heard of that one so I’ll look it up, thanks

1 Like

I am currently quite obsessed with all things related to ‘Hell House Llc’. It’s an indie found footage horror made on a relative shoe-string but it is creepy as hell. If you like horror I would heartily recommend it. If you have Amazon Prime I would suggest catching the directors cut on there.

Probably not everyone’s cup of tea, but I recently watched “Real Steel”. It’s been on my periphery for a while, but never thought it was going to be up to much so kept skipping it, eventually, having run out of pretty much everything, gave it a shot and was pleasantly surprised, nicely done, if you like Disney type ‘feel good’ movies.

Also, rewatched the entire LotR and Hobbit trilogies over Xmas, still awesome.

2 Likes

I loved that too! I like most things Hugh Jackman does!

2 Likes

We watched The Highwaymen on Netflix recently. Kevin Costner & Woody Harrelson play two former Texas Rangers who track and kill Bonnie & Clyde. The ending is no surprise but it’s a decent film and kills a couple of hours!!!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for your suggestions so far! I’ll check them out :grin:
@Gosig - I think I’d end up hiding behind the sofa!

Joker is definitely worth a watch! Plenty to keep you occupied too! Sometimes i wish i could get furloughed just so i could laze about and watch the Marvel films in order back to back! :laughing:

4 Likes

@WelshCouple91 - I’m with you there - that’s what we did in the first lockdown, one film each evening!

1 Like

Oh god no @Kitty-Cat01! 3 or 4 a day! :laughing: i’m obsessed with the films, i adore them! Always hated iron man all the way through though up until endgame! :laughing: team rocket for me! :raccoon:

3 Likes

Whilst not film wise but what about Somebody feed Phil, Rita, and whatever else you find on Netflix?
You’ve also got all past and present Ru Paul drag race on Stan I think ?

Keeping an eye on this for Saturday nights! We have prosecco Saturday once the son is in bed and try to make a nice tea, and get a film to watch but inspiration is running dry. Watched the 3 John wick films which were surprisingly good. Victoria and Abdul was good. Joker, not going to lie I fell asleep​:joy: 1917 was decent, couldn’t get into Dunkirk. Thinking about Fury with Brad Pitt?!

2 Likes

If you liked the John Wick films, have you tried the two Equalizer films with Denzel Washington?

2 Likes

The John Wick films are great, seen all three. If you like action movies then I’d recommend literally anything with Jason Statham in.

2 Likes