My Lovehoney Reviews, Advice Please

Hi All,

I’ve started to try and improve the reviews that I do for the Lovehoney products that I purchase.

My first two were very short and brief but my last three reviews, I’ve tried to add more detail ect.

If anyone has a free minute would you mind taking a look for me please and tell me how I’m doing or even what I could improve upon?

I’m not sure how to link my reviews into this message but it can be accessed in my bio.

Thanks in advance :heart: xx

• Found it -

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/members/beblue/

2 Likes

It’s tough giving review notes as different people look for different things, but I remember there was some good overall advice here: :+1:

{and the How to Write a Great Sex Toy Review, if you’ve not already spotted it :+1::slightly_smiling_face:).

2 Likes

I think they’re definitely getting better compared to your first ones. I remember my first few were short and I hadn’t gone into much detail.

Particularly for lingerie items, if you’re comfortable, it’s really good to mention your height/standard size/cup size and what size you actually ordered. It’s extremely useful for people to have a comparison.

Toy wise, I never write about the brown box packaging, but I will occasionally mention the actual toy packaging. If buying for a gift, I like to make sure it’s got good packaging, no risk of damage and looks good and not cheap. Mention material, quality type, what you’re using it for, how experienced you are with that particular type of product and who’d you recommend it to.

Sure others will have more suggestions, but that’s my input :purple_heart:

2 Likes

@Ian_Chimp

Thanks so much.

I will make sure to have a read and take some notes :memo:

It’s so difficult to know exactly what potential buyers are looking for, when browsing the review for an item.

I know what I look for but that’s not exactly helpful.

Xx

Great info @ChloJakes I really appreciate the feedback and will definitely make notes of the points you have said. Xx

I always say to aim for honest and informative. :+1: @Delboy1991 had a great list in that other topic of things you can include if you’re stuck for ideas.

And have a browse through the reviews from other members too. They’re really useful examples as a lot of them are regular testers. :+1: Basically read as many reviews as you can and see if you like how they’ve said something, or if they’ve included anything in particular that chimes with you. Here’s the Daily Round-up to get you started. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Perfect, thank you Ian.

I love how everyone is so helpful with no judgement xx

1 Like

Thank you @Alicia4Ever, I see exactly where you are coming from.

At the time I didn’t even think about those points you make but I can see exactly where they would have been more beneficial to the review.

I shall endeavour to be a bit more controlled and thorough with my toys before making a fully informed opinion.

:heart: Xx

I know that you need to have good reviews before you even get an opportunity to do a product test so that’s what I was aiming for, just to try and up my review game, so to speak.

Xx

1 Like

And remember to have fun. :slightly_smiling_face: Reviewing is a nice bonus, but it’s not the main reason I’m interested in sex toys. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Not for me either Ian, I promise.

Both Hubby and I are really enjoying the toys I’ve purchased and I’m really appreciating & loving the closeness between us, after a year and a half with no sexual contact. All down to me and the way I felt.

I don’t want to do it just for the ‘free’ stuff. I really enjoy writing but haven’t felt in the head space to do it for a long time.
Being given the opportunity to test new and interesting products would be amazing but I’d also like to help others.

Xx

Ultimately, you’ll never please everyone with your review as everyone has different requirements from a product so the best advice I can give is write the review you would have wanted to read.

2 Likes

@Calie Thank you Kelly, duly noted :+1:t2: xx