My Reviews

:lh_heart_green: by @Ian_Chimp, 02 Aug 2021
Wellness G-Wave Rechargeable G-Spot Rabbit Vibrator

Great First Contact

This is an incredibly interesting looking toy. I think it looks really fun and funky, especially with the purple shade they’ve used for the silicone. However… Mrs Chimp thinks that it looks ugly, and it reminds her of a tentacle monster (I quote: “It’s ugly, not sexy looking. How it looks really puts me off. I’d prefer it if it looked sleeker, and less like a tentacle monster”). Nevertheless, she bravely gave it a go anyway…

After that less than complimentary intro I’m going to dive straight in with the positives, as Mrs Chimp also thinks that it’s one of the best fitting toys she’s ever tried. Go figure. :slightly_smiling_face:

In our experience there are two ends to the ‘Good Rabbit Continuum’: on the one end you have the ‘perfect fit, leave it in place, hands-free’ ones (the Rabbit holy grail) and on the other the ‘nimble, hits all the spots if I move it around’ variety. Both can be good, but one is more work than the other. This one fit Mrs Chimp really well, and only had to be held lightly in place to hit all the right spots (so not quite hands-free, but pretty close). It’s really flexible, and the contact points on both arms are very generous, so I think it has quite a versatile fit. The raised nubbin that goes halfway up the clit arm helped with position for Mrs Chimp, though it’s also a useable part of the arm, so for other anatomies it may prove to be a much more crucial element.

Apart from the firmer nubbin, the arms themselves have a nice, slightly cushioned feel, and the fork didn’t pinch at all. The flexibility of the arms also made adjustments very easy, without the normal thumb strain you can get from more rigid models.

It’s really easy to use, with only the two +/- buttons to work your way through the 3 speeds and 4 patterns, and it has some really good rumbles to it and a nice burst of power. The vibrations travel well through the length of both arms, so there’s no shortage of stimulation points you can use. It has the standard constants and patterns, so nothing new there, but they drill down to a deep ‘wokka-chokka’ that Mrs Chimp really enjoys. It’s also really quiet, which is always a winner. It does feel a little heavy, but not enough to make it uncomfortable. The weight is concentrated in the middle, so it’s quite nicely balanced (not that Mrs Chimp moved it around that much).

The housekeeping:

• It’s easy to clean, as the flexibility let’s you get into all the nooks.
  • The magnetic charger worked well, and stayed in place.
  • 1½ hour charge for about 1 hour play (which seemed about right in use)
  • It didn’t come with a storage bag, which is always a shame.

I’ll end on another Mrs Chimp quote to sum it up:

“Works well, great fit, love the colour, love the rumbles - but I can’t get over how weird it looks. It really put me off. I think it’s because it looks a bit alien.”

Edited to add: After about 3 weeks she’s started to think of it as just another vibrator, and not as if she’s getting fingered by a swamp monster. Result. :+1:

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Pros: How well the shape works

Cons: How weird the shape looks

Bottom Line: Weird shape, great sensations

7 Likes