My Reviews

by @Mint-Monster, 28/07/21
Lovehoney Sensual Glass Curved Beaded Dildo

Seahorse

Thank you Lovehoney for sending me this sensual sea critter to review.

Can’t say I have many toys that can stare back at me. What beady little eyes you have, Mr Seahorse! I wonder if the face was intentional? The small bumps aren’t exactly centered, but you can barely tell during use. Green and orange for them is an interesting choice of colours - pretty Halloweeny if you ask me. It also comes with its own storage bag which is always convenient.

The loop handle helps with grip - especially when wet. It’s not really big enough to get my fingers through all the way without worrying about getting them back, though. Still irresistible to try a gunslinger style spin. I don’t think the handle is the best during use. Kind of awkward when passed to my left while holding a clit vibe in my right as I usually do. Like I had to stretch enough to be able to grab it and even then it didn’t feel quite right. I couldn’t get a confident thruster hold on the thing, put it that way.

The horned face clashed easily with vibes. Anything rigid usually meant a pinchin’ was expected. Like the seahorse was trying to head butt them away. The most comfortable thing to use was my TC squishy wand (but that tends to go with anything, anyway). Funnily enough, my favourite way to use it was with no clit vibe while laying on my front. I would lay my palm flat on my mound with the seahorse’s head facing up between my fingers. This allowed my hand to stimulate the clit while my fingers kicked in the horsepower to thrust the dildo. I could mirror this laying on my back too, but still preferred my front.

The shape of the dildo may certainly be interesting, but I found the pleasurable positions to be limited. I didn’t enjoy the sensation when it was facing my back - like putting a key in the wrong hole. There was some pleasure in it facing the inner thighs as you could play around with angles. However, having it facing forward seemed to fit just right. When it was inserted past the last bead, it definitely hit the all the right spots. The sweetest of sweet spots! Felt great on my opening and inside which made up for the lack of girth somewhat. As already mentioned, this horsey doesn’t play too well with clit vibes when facing them. Must want me all to itself! But I don’t like it the other ways as much, so that’s why I said my ways of use are limited.

The beads offer some stimulation and make fun sounds when thrusting. There isn’t much girth to get here, which is a shame. The glass material barely needs any lube as it glides effortlessly with so little. Sadly, once it gets wet ‘n’ wild enough, I started to notice the beads a lot less. It’s more the rigidity and shape doing most of the work. Maybe it’s more suited for those who like slim rigid toys? Or maybe it’s a better anal toy than a vaginal one? I didn’t find that the handle bumps added much to the experience as I was at my length limit by the time my clit got anywhere near them.

Glass toys have the added ability of temperature play if that’s your thing. It warmed up nicely just placing it on/around myself while getting comfortable in bed. It also means it can be used with any lube and be sterilised for a thorough clean. Mine was fine with toy spray and water. Pretty straight forward to clean except for the strange neck creases at the back. I’m not sure what the purpose of these are. I just know they add an extra step of bringing the cleaning brush out. Maybe they’re gills or something?

While I enjoy glass toys, this one isn’t my favourite. It’s great in one particular position, but everything else is pretty “meh”. Like a novelty toy with style over usability. I guess less is more with this one? Can’t deny its cute charm and aquatic allure, though.

Overall Rating: 4/5

Pros: Own bag. Cute. Great when in right spot. Don’t need much lube. Temperature play.

Cons: Limited positions. Head butts vibes. Lack of girth. Can be awkward to hold.

Bottom Line: Not the best glass dildo, but still has some fun quirks. Around a 3.5 in total, I’d say.

3 Likes